• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

thekonamicode

Oct 27, 2017
Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter, Rockin in the Free World - Pearl Jam

Everything in it's Right Place - Radiohead

Everlong - Foo Fighters

Sex Type Thing - Stone Temple Pilots

Hurt - NIN

Paz

Nov 1, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Ya'll gonna mock me for this but by far the best closing I've seen is when Hans Zimmer came back out and played his Inception medley and ended with those final bits of the Piano as the lights closed in on him.

But then his whole show was much better than almost all live bands I've seen so I should've expected a flawless finish, the way the huge number of performers got to shine in the spotlight of each new track/medley/whatever was amazing.

Oct 26, 2017
Every time I've seen them they've closed with Savior as the last encore song.

Main setlist is usually closed with Prayer of the Refugee (IMO it's the better closing song).
Cool, thanks! I missed them when they were in Raleigh last year (on vacation) and this year I'm just getting back from vacation (Saturday) and they'll be in town Tuesday. So psyched. I hope Re-education (Through Labor) is on the set list, but that might be a pipe dream given all the new stuff they'll be playing. They're my favorite band so I'm pretty excited about seeing them live.

Edit - actually, doing a quick look at the setlists on this current tour, looks like Re-education is on there. Now gotta cross my fingers there aren't thunderstorms in Raleigh on Tues.

Skelepuzzle

Apr 17, 2018
My favorite song for a band to come out to after the crowd is chanting "One more song!"? My favorite live song of all time?

The mother fucking Odyssey.

Encore!

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Jack White / White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

RTJ - A Message to the Shareholders (and Kill Your Masters when they add that on)

I'd add NIN - Hurt but I've seen NIN so many times it's lost some impact. When they've closed with In This Twilight it was a really cool change.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I saw NIN and Bowie tour together back in 96 or so, NIN started it off. They did a duet section in the middle to end Trent's show, and ended that with a duet of Hurt. Perfection.gif.

Speaking of that, I'd say that Terrible Lie is the GOAT concert opener. He just runs out on stage singing it. Amazing.

Oct 27, 2017
Super Furry Animals have been closing their shows for years with a crazy, extended version of The Man Don't Give a Fuck, that always gets the crowd pumped:

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
First time I saw Radiohead they ended with "Idioteque" and that was a class end to the gig, just let it loop for a while after going off stage.

Muse and "Knights of Cydonia" is class too.

Deleted member 8644

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The two I've personally seen that I enjoyed the most were Push the Sky Away by Nick Cave and All My Friends by LCD Soundsystem

Faria

Jan 26, 2018
Valley of the Damned for its sweet outro. Marc lacks the charisma ZP did, but they introduce the band before going off-stage during it.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I went to a Reel Big Fish concert the night of my high school graduation. They left and came back for two separate encores. The last song they did was their cover of Take On Me. The mosh pit was probably about 200 people skanking and singing along, and it was probably the best way to end any concert. My friends and I were in the pit all night and when we got out we were all soaked in sweat. If you get a chance to go to a ska concert with a large crowd, do it.

Steb

Oct 27, 2017
Sigur RĂłs - PopplagiĂ°

Or possibly Paul McCartney closing with Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
I don't normally do corny, but when Kirsty McColl was alive the Pogues singing Fairytale of New York with her in Brixton was pretty special.

That's my favourite so far, it's a shame it wasn't snowing outside as well.

Deleted member 14887

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favorites I've seen are holy wars the punishment due and raining blood absolute bangers to end the show on a high note

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Linkin Park - One Step Closer
Can't believe it's already been a year since Chester Bennington took his life... :(

vacantseas

Oct 27, 2017
While he doesnt close the concerts with this song, this is usually the last song before a multiple song encore.

House lights on, band giving it all, fans belting out the lyrics and jumping for joy. Always a highlight...

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band - Born to Run

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
You know, the song that the band/artist/group ends with that just gets the crowd in a tizzy right before they head to the exits.

For me it has to be "Run Like Hell" ending a Pink Floyd/Brit Floyd concert.

It's Bohemian Rhapsody.

I went to RTJ a few years ago, awesome show, super excellent, everyone was hype from beginning to end. Double encore, finally time to go, lights go up, people start to head to the bar to close tabs...and the sound man does the one thing they should never do...play Bohemian Rhapsody over the PA. No one left. Everyone just started swaying and singing along. The bouncers were getting upset but no one wanted to budge. No one was going anywhere until that song was over.

It's Bohemian Rhapsody.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York

Valhalla by Blind Guardian. Last few times I've gone to one of their shows they've ended on a different song, left the stage for about three or four minutes as the lights came back on, then the lights suddenly shut off again and they all ran back out on to stage to play it as the actual final song; with the audience participation bit at the end being a bit of a competition between crowds to see which city could keep it going the longest.