• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Last year I went to the Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan, and while the overall vacation to Hokkaido was lacking, the Snow Festival itself was absolutely boss.

Ice sculptures, snow houses, drinking fancy liquor out of a literal ice glass, good festival food, amazing gift shops (they had a Final Fantasy theme last year!), great music playing, the works. I came to Japan mostly to see this festival, and it totally delivered.

I've been to a lot since, but none have topped the Snow Festival for me.

What's your favorite festival or special event that you've been to? Why?

ZiggyPalffyLA

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Los Angeles, California
That sounds pretty awesome, OP! Reminds me of Festival Village from Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon for the N64 lol

For me it was Desert Trip, aka Oldchella 2016

Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Neil Young, Paul McCartney (w/ Rihanna), The Who, & Roger Waters in a 3-night, 6 hours each night event

What I remember of it was spectacular. The best weekend of my life, easily.

Last edited:

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Coachella, although it's hard to pick my favorite year. Maybe 2013 or 2014.

Infernostew

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Haven't been to too many festivals...
6c8b1fbb7d65702db6fc01cb96208435--music-festival-posters-lineup.jpg

Piggus

Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Coachella in 2013. It was amazing, especially with a big group, but I haven't really been to any other big festivals to compare it to.

Coachella, although it's hard to pick my favorite year. Maybe 2013 or 2014.

That dust storm tho on the third day. They say a wild pack of tents and tarps roam free to this day.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Sziget in Hungary. It's probably the biggest and most ambitious festival of this kind in Europe, and it's always a pleasure going there. Saw some excellent artists playing there and always had a lot of fun.

Tetrinski

Banned
May 17, 2018
Google San Juan A Coruña. You haven't been to anything like that. If you do go, make sure to go with locals, tourists often die otherwise.

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Expo 2000 in Hanover, Germany. So much stuff to see and experinces to partake in. My favorite were the traditional Korean drummers though... so good.