• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the best Switch Online game?

• Smash Ultimate

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • Splatoon 2

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • Mario Kart 8

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • Diablo III

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 8.3%

• Total voters

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mario Kart 8. Extremely fun, high player base, and also far more full featured than Smash or Splatoon.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Splatoon works pretty well with the Switch Online, despite it being a very bad service. Smash is horrible online.

But I think this is all Nintendo's fault.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I would say Mario Kart 8, but you're not wrong if you say Splatoon 2, either.

Both games are fun, accessible, and don't lag a lot.

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Splatoon by far, even with its issues nothing else comes close

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
I've sold Smash because you can't play two people online on the same console, like you could in Brawl and 4.

So, absolutely not that.

Wander_

Banned
Feb 26, 2018
Yes.
Can you tell me how this is false? How can I join a Turf Wars game and ensure me and my friend are on my same team? Please let me know how I am lying, thanks.

1) you CAN do private lobbies and choose the team comps for turf wars and other game modes

2) you can do League battles (splat zones, rain Maker, claim blitz and Tower control) with 1 or 3 friends and play with them in vs. you need to be B Rank to unlock this

3) you can also play salmon run with friends

Deleted member 249

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1) you CAN do private lobbies and choose the team comps for turf wars and other game modes

2) you can do League battles (splat zones, rain Maker, claim blitz and Tower control) with 1 or 3 friends and play with them in vs. you need to be B Rank to unlock this

3) you can also play salmon run with friends
1) I'm not asking in a private lobby
2) I'm not asking for ranked play
3) I'm not asking for Salmon Run

The game lacks extremely basic features that are a mainstay of EVERY other online game. It lacks playlists for maps. It lacks mode selection for ranked play. It doesn't pair me and my friend together in online games. It lacks basic Invite features. It took the game almost a year to add loadout changes between games without having to quit and reset the lobbies. Even for things it does well, like Splatfests, it often geolocks them, so if I have a friend in the UK I want to play a Splatfest with, I can't!

As I said, the game has a whole number of baffling shortcomings people have just learned to overlook. In terms of the most basic functionality, it is in fact far behind Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which lets me pick my mode, lets me pick my track, lets me have private or public lobbies, lets multiple players go online from one console, and has full fledged tournaments and stuff you can set by yourself.