• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's the best Switch Lite color?

• Turquoise

Votes: 381 45.8%
  • Grey

Votes: 213 25.6%
  • Yellow

Votes: 238 28.6%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about of the colors coming out at launch so not including the Pokemon one.
nintendo-switch-lite-1.jpg

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
i'll just get whatever one's available. prefer the black/gray one so it doesn't look as much like a toy in public but even to that extent i don't care that much

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I'm bummed that the current base 3 don't have some color, or even black buttons. I'm not a fan of anything so far. The Pokemon one is best even though I don't play, but it's delayed so not ideal.

Green

Oct 27, 2017
Ehhh... Grey >>> Yellow > Turquoise

I wish there were a green one, or an atomic purple.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Is the grey actually that light? Because I've seen footage that made it look almost as dark as the regular switch, and that doesn't look nearly as sleek.

Bomblord

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 11, 2018
There was no pokemon option so I had to take drastic action and choose grey.
iu

Last edited:

sleepnaught

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
All are bad, yellow is least offensive. Where the fuck is Odyssey Red and Luigi's Mansion Green?

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Tbh they are all kinda bad (and white buttons sucks). But grey is the best.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Grey. The others are hideous. And those white buttons/sticks gonna be all kinds of nasty looking in a few years

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
The launch colors all suck, which I guess is intentional. So that they can release actually nice colors later and bump sales numbers again. Welcome to capitalism. :)

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Surprised grey is winning the poll so far. It's such a boring color. Black or white, sure, but grey is such a depressing color. Why not poop brown while we're at it?

I vote turquoise, but yellow is pretty nice too.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Normally I'd go gray but the white buttons look terrible on it (it also seems a lighter gray than the joycon gray) so I bought the teal one because it matches a joycon.

javac

Oct 28, 2017
Turquoise looks real nice, if this switch docked I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
They all look terrible because of the white sticks/buttons. Pokémon version is a bit better.

The colors are a deal breaker for me. I wanted a second Switch, but I'll probably wait for nicer colors. I have a feeling the Lite will be the one with lots of colors and special editions.

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really like the look of yellow based on pics from the press (as they are shown in more natural lighting)

That's said, I'm getting a grey one as I like to stay neutral with my gadget colors

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Needs an acid orange or a more vivid purple. But for now, grey looks the best.
Grey. The others are hideous. And those white buttons/sticks gonna be all kinds of nasty looking in a few years
Yeah, they will definitely yellow with the intense use just as some white Wii U's/3ds' nowadays. They look gross and there's just not way to get rid of that yellowed tint for the buttons and sticks as far as I know.

Oct 27, 2017
When it was announced I thought blue. But after seeing them in use, Grey is far and away the best fit for that device. But the correct answer is none of the above. Pokemon version is best.

gazoinks

Jul 9, 2019
Proud to be the 30th vote on turquoise, bring the poll into perfect alignment.

Turquoise is absolutely the best.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Needs an acid orange or a more vivid purple. But for now, grey looks the best.

Yeah, they will definitely yellow with the intense use just as some white Wii U's/3ds' nowadays. They look gross and there's just not way to get rid of that yellowed tint for the buttons and sticks as far as I know.
Yeah, that yellowing happened to my wii-u. That and oils/dirt from your hands just make it look grimy after a while no matter how clean you are

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
We've had this thread and I appreciate the opportunity to reiterate that I love the Turquoise one

Chakoo

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto, Canada
When they first showed them off I thought yellow & light grey looked ok but the more I see photos of actual units I'm starting to think the normal grey is the best since it looks identical to the normal grey switch color. The other ones kind give that cheep plastic vibe to them (sad because I know Nintendo can do nice quality plastic/colors from the many 3DS units they did). I still kind of want the light grey but still not a fan of the two tone button colors. =/

-edit-
I should clear up to say that I don't mean I think the plastic is/will be cheap. Just the mat finish gives off a similar vibe in screenshots/video hands on out there. There is a good chance this will all be fine in person which is making me really antsy to see them in person before I buy one (I find my OG switch too bulky and I really want to switch over to a lite).

Last edited:

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
When they first showed them off I thought yellow & light grey looked ok but the more I see photos of actual units I'm starting to think the normal grey is the best since it looks identical to the normal grey switch color. The other ones kind give that cheep plastic vibe to them (sad because I know Nintendo can do nice quality plastic/colors from the many 3DS units they did). I still kind of want the light grey but still not a fan of the two tone button colors. =/

Wait, is there a dark grey switch lite? I thought there were just three.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
grey is easily the best.

the other 2 make it look like a cheap kids toy.

catboy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted yellow originally but the more I thought about it, while the yellow is evocative I think turquoise will result in a more serene gaming experience.

Advc

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, that yellowing happened to my wii-u. That and oils/dirt from your hands just make it look grimy after a while no matter how clean you are
That's unfortunate. Same has happened with some white Wii remotes I still have. Hope Nintendo was aware of that with the switch lite and implemented some kind of anti yellow material on their buttons and sticks.