• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

see title

• Great White Shark

Votes: 5 0.6%
  • Killer Whale

Votes: 10 1.2%
  • Lion

Votes: 2 0.2%
  • Spider

Votes: 17 2.1%
  • Hippo

Votes: 53 6.5%
  • Man

Votes: 665 81.9%
  • Other

Votes: 60 7.4%

• Total voters

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I voted Man, with tools nothing is a match for us, regardless of us killing the environment.

I'm sure there is some super bacteria that we're super susceptible to but unless that same disease harms other creatures I'd say overall Man is the apex predator.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Man. Wer'e so deadly we're killing the planet.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
I'd argue that viruses don't count as creatures. Man is obviously the correct answer, but it's also boring so I'm going with hippos as the correct choice for the spirit of the thread. Mosquitoes don't count either because they don't actually do the killing, they just carry disease.

Deleted member 27246

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You really ought to define 'deadliest'. If you mean number of casualties it is of course human. If you mean strongest, or most likely to be lethal for a human (other humans not included otherwise they win again) than it is a different story.

Still it is hard to compare a Killer Whale with a lion.

Also I think a tiger is even deadlier than a lion, so he should be on the list.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
This motherfucker
honeybadger.jpg

No, just kidding, obviously its Man.

Laser Man

Oct 26, 2017
Man ruined the poll... now if you had included a manhipposquito, things might look different!

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man can literally split atoms and unlock the energy of the universe to the point where the surface of the planet can be turned into a lifeless husk within an hour.

PintSizedSlasher

The Wise Ones
Oct 26, 2017
The Netherlands
I recently read somewhere that out of the 100 billion or so people that ever lived approximately 50 billion died of malaria, so the mosquito seems like the right answer.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Only one species is rapidly destroying the planet, and is an imminent threat to every other species.

PoppaBK

Oct 27, 2017
Bacteria (if viruses don't count). You could argue the protazoan parasite that causes malaria but it can't exist without hosts so it loses points. Bacteria will survive whatever humanity can throw at this planet and will be there to mop up the survivers when society eventually collapses.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, "deadliest" is a pretty general qualifier.

Are we talking about potential killing power proportional to size? Then it's the sea wasp. Are we talking physical strength? Probably hippos. Are we talking about raw numbers of casualties? Humans.

MoogleWizard

Oct 27, 2017
Man. Wer'e so deadly we're killing the planet.
Mankind has literally killed the world, so yeah.
The planet and life on it have survived far worse cataclysms than human-induced climate change. We are killing many species on it, including ourselves but not the planet. Thinking we can destroy the planet is another of mankind's delusions of grandeur. The planet will be fine, life will be fine in the long run, we just won't be. ;-)

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
Bacteria (if viruses don't count). You could argue the protazoan parasite that causes malaria but it can't exist without hosts so it loses points. Bacteria will survive whatever humanity can throw at this planet and will be there to mop up the survivers when society eventually collapses.
i mean in the context of being deadly, nothing is deadly without something to kill, thus something else has to exist, thus i feel that needing a host in order to propagate is only a natural extension of requiring other creatures be present

YA KNOW

Oct 27, 2017
The planet and life on it have survived far worse cataclysms than human-induced climate change. We are killing many species on it, including ourselves but not the planet. Thinking we can destroy the planet is another of mankind's delusions of grandeur. The planet will be fine, life will be fine in the long run, we just won't be. ;-)

Mankind: "Hold my beer"

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Man the only one who, if he wanted to, could make the earth inhabitable for any living beings in a few seconds. Hard to match that...

rusty chrome

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Mosquitos are the number 1 leading cause of human deaths every year. None of those animals in this thread are deadly like mosquitos. Mosquitos will infect anyone because that is their purpose.