• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Test of Faith in the original Mirror's Edge. It requires you to complete the game without shooting anyone. It's one of those things that I never would've thought of doing if it weren't for the trophy. But I thought it made the whole experience a lot more enjoyable.

Oct 27, 2017
"To live Forever" No mans sky.
Reaching the center of the galaxy in permadeath mode (which is auto-set to survival difficulty) .01 percent completion on PSN.

This bastard trophy legit took me ~70 hours to complete without dying. Each move was an incredible rush. Survival mode in this game is no joke to make it through without dying. I've read they added portals in a patch which may have made this trophy easier but I trekked through this slowly and methodically. The permadeath aspect and how long it takes to obtain this makes it my favorite trophy to this day

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I think one only regret for me is not having a flawless run in Destiny 2. I soloed the shattered throne and was pretty proud of it too.

Last Wish is tough, but so much fun. I never thought I could do it, and now, all I have to wait for is the last, really annoying challenge (shuro chi), and I'll have Rivensbane. That title is never coming off unless I get something like Unbroken.

Crown of Sorrow is a lot easier and loads of fun if you can get a group. I don't even know if I'd say it's the hardest part of getting the Shadow title. The flawless Hive boss in Menagarie is not easy, especially given you cannot physically be above 750 and the power level is 770. The two Vex bosses are very doable though. I'm going to have to find more time to try the Ogre again this next week.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
The Platinum trophy in Dragon Quest XI. It's the only Plat I ever got, and I've played a lot of games on PS3/4 since trophies were introduced.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Guardian Lord in Destiny. I'm also proud of my Grimoire score, which is just 20 points shy of max (missing some Doubles and Rumble wins).

GKSilKamina

Oct 25, 2017
Festering Swamp, USA
Bloodborne's platinum trophy. It was one of the most miserable experiences of my gaming career but that satisfaction I got after taking out the final chalice dungeon boss... phew.

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Problem Solved, Series Over from Metal Gear Solid 3 HD.

(Kill Young Ocelot and cause a Time Paradox when given a chance).

OP
OP
sxiebonjour

sxiebonjour

Oct 25, 2017
Last Wish is tough, but so much fun. I never thought I could do it, and now, all I have to wait for is the last, really annoying challenge (shuro chi), and I'll have Rivensbane. That title is never coming off unless I get something like Unbroken.

Crown of Sorrow is a lot easier and loads of fun if you can get a group. I don't even know if I'd say it's the hardest part of getting the Shadow title. The flawless Hive boss in Menagarie is not easy, especially given you cannot physically be above 750 and the power level is 770. The two Vex bosses are very doable though. I'm going to have to find more time to try the Ogre again this next week.
I think my team was really close to a flawless last wish when I had to quite the game. Things have changed a lot in real life so that I couldn't regularly play destiny. But luckily I think before long I should be able to come back. Really miss my squad and the discord community. I've been seeing you around there quite a lot, just didn't get chance to play with you.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I think my team was really close to a flawless last wish when I had to quite the game. Things have changed a lot in real life so that I couldn't regularly play destiny. But luckily I think before long I should be able to come back. Really miss my squad and the discord community. I've been seeing you around there quite a lot, just didn't get chance to play with you.

Hey I totally understand. Destiny can take up a ton of time. Bunch of games I've been wanting to play but dammit Destiny is so good.

I was thinking I would be too busy this fall to play much Destiny, but life is kinda moving around, so I'm not sure how things will go.

Will always be Black Pearl Poohbah from Helix for X360

Oh man I completely forgot about that game. I only ever got 10/12 achievements from. That particular one sounds insane.

Luxuria

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Miami, FL
For me it would have to be that Michael Jackson achievement in GH: World Tour. Singing in that game was fucking awful, especially when compared to Rock Band. After getting that achievement, I never touched the mic again, at least in a GH game.

I'll have to look through my game list to remember anything else.

RCSI

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Dishonored, By My Hand Alone, I felt satisfied finally achieving the feat It alone helped me refine how I approach whether to get all of a game's achievements.

Magni

Hard to pick just one. But relatively recently, I felt good about 100%ing Super Mega Baseball, dont remember the name of the achievements, but winning a season at Ego 80+and a game at Ego 99 was a fun challenge. Nowhere close to 100% SMB2 though.

Will always be Black Pearl Poohbah from Helix for X360

I still play a game every once in a while trying to get it. I can pretty easily get to 3 or 4 pearls, but 6 (and properly aligned) is a different story. I know I need to use the grid or whatever, but I'm too lazy to set that up šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Just got the platinum for Superhot VR and I'm feeling pretty proud.

Impressive, not only did you get a shiny platinum but you probably lost 5 lbs in the process! Which challenge would you say was the hardest? Those real-time challenges looked painful

"To live Forever" No mans sky.
Reaching the center of the galaxy in permadeath mode (which is auto-set to survival difficulty) .01 percent completion on PSN.

This bastard trophy legit took me ~70 hours to complete without dying. Each move was an incredible rush. Survival mode in this game is no joke to make it through without dying. I've read they added portals in a patch which may have made this trophy easier but I trekked through this slowly and methodically. The permadeath aspect and how long it takes to obtain this makes it my favorite trophy to this day

As much as I love NMS, I was very happy to find a gentleman that was already at the center on Permadeath after Next launched, so I was able to spawn, load up my preorder ship, matchmake into his game and fly right to the center lol

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably go with this one from Stardew Valley:

FvIY0IB.png

Beating that minigame without dying is hard, man.
Hats off to you. I tried that for hours before giving up. It's crazy hard but I also think it's a terrible trophy in an otherwise relaxing game, it just doesn't fit.

y2kyle89

Mar 16, 2018
Mass
ULCRlvm.png

Gaucamelee Gold Edition all three unlocked on the Last Boss. Maybe not the most impressive thing but I'm stupidly proud of it.

Giz 76

Jul 9, 2019
Getting the Challenge trophy to complete my Platinum on The Witness.

The Challenge was becoming my nemesis after 3 evenings of trying and failing, and then I got through it with a really messy and panicky run that I completed in the very last moment possible... Relief and a sense of a achievement lol

SabinFigaro

Oct 27, 2017
3jS95mA.jpg

This is probably my favorite trophy, but not necessarily for the reasons many would think.

Yes, it's the most challenging difficulty of 3D Dot Game Heroes, where you die in one hit. And you must technically beat the game twice to unlock it. To be honest, I think the FROM difficulty mode was actually harder.

The reason it's my favorite is that it epitomizes how trophies can reward but also entice subsequent playthroughs. I originally beat 3DDGH in 2010, the year of its release and quite enjoyed it. Seven years later, I was watching a video retrospective featuring the game and decided to play FROM mode, and two years after that got the itch to play Spelunker mode. So, it took just over 8 years to get the Platinum trophy.

It's a neat little personal reward for continuing to play the game in different ways, and I think its to the benefit of trophies/achievements when they encourage that type of behavior.

thezboson

Oct 27, 2017
I basically never go for platinum (or trophies in general) but when I scrolled through the list for plat in Bloodborne (to see how bad it was), I realized I had already done most of them by just playing the game. At the time I was doing, and enjoying, the Chalice dungeons, so I decided to finish them. I think I had to beat the last boss one last time too, I don't recall.

Either way, I don't take much pride in gaming accomplishments, but having the bragging rights it is kind of fun. :P I think my only two platinum trophies are Bloodborne and No Man's Sky.

Last_colossi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
They're not my rarest but I'd have to tie Crash Bandicoot and Bloodbornes platinums.

I'd never played a FROM game before bloodborne and was way in over my head but I stuck to it until I finished the game and found myself in love with it, I then finished the game another couple of times to get all the alternative endings then said fuck it I might as well platinum it.

I heard this music for way too long before muting the game, I spent an entire weekend and over 12 hours on these fucking levels, I'm proud I finished it and finally platinumed the game but I couldn't even look at any of the other Crash Bandicoot games for months after this.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I basically never go for platinum (or trophies in general) but when I scrolled through the list for plat in Bloodborne (to see how bad it was), I realized I had already done most of them by just playing the game. At the time I was doing, and enjoying, the Chalice dungeons, so I decided to finish them. I think I had to beat the last boss one last time too, I don't recall.

Either way, I don't take much pride in gaming accomplishments, but having the bragging rights it is kind of fun. :P I think my only two platinum trophies are Bloodborne and No Man's Sky.

Man I loved going through the Chalice dungeons. They were so stressful and lots of fun. And that final boss is incredible. One of my favorite.

I guess it feels like people expected hand crafted levels, and idk. I've played randomly generated levels before and it was exactly what I expected? So I wasn't disappointed at all and had a lot of fun.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Flawless raider was a lot of fun and I felt extremely accomplished for getting the Sombra achievement for hacking like 15 people in one life, way before she was buffed.

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I just got the Requiem for a Killer trophy and I'm so happy šŸ˜Š. I've been trying for days to get it. I got over 900,000 3 times for my combo to get broken but finally I got over the one million point hump. That was so satisfying šŸ˜Ž. Now 1 of the 2 hardest trophies in the game is done. I doubt I'll be able to get the other hardest one which is curtain falls but I'll see how well I do. Never give up my friends