• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
That's the amazing thing about it. It doesn't seem like it should work, but it totally does. It kind of tastes like a mix of Coke and lemonade, and doesn't even taste boozy.

It's kind of like the Mr. Burns disease picture, all the ingredients end up canceling each other out.

YkaF5cQ.gif

Underrated: Negroni. I don't see these pushes many places, and the bitterness makes it really standout.
Overrated: Ever since Sex and the City... Cosmos

Move it, chowda head.

Quazar

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know about overrated. To each their own. But underrated would be Bloody Mary.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
That's the amazing thing about it. It doesn't seem like it should work, but it totally does. It kind of tastes like a mix of Coke and lemonade, and doesn't even taste boozy.

It's kind of like the Mr. Burns disease picture, all the ingredients end up canceling each other out.

YkaF5cQ.gif

Underrated: Negroni. I don't see these pushes many places, and the bitterness makes it really standout.
Overrated: Ever since Sex and the City... Cosmos

Negroni is absolutely amazing. I started drinking it about 5 years ago after having been on a Gin Rickey kick. Recently discovered its bourbon cousin the Boulevardier. You should try it.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
I can't speak for overrated as i believe every drink has its place. I dont think enough people order the Tom Collins for my taste.( Bluecoat if you're wondering )

Next week I'm introducing a new drink at my bar.

Capitan's Orders.
2oz Captain Morgan Canon Ball
2oz House blend Limoncello
Sparkling lemonade
Highball glass with ice

what you guys think?

I would definitely drink that

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Should I try the Aviation? Seems underrated.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Rum and Coke sounds pointless as fuck.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
I like Martini's, simple and fresh. They're probably overrated though, pop-cultured stuff etc...

Rum and Coke sounds pointless as fuck.

Rum, coke, twist of lime is actually a pretty nice staple party drink. I'd never choose it on a cocktail night, but if I wanted a long cool glass of something easy it would be on my list.

chuseph14

Oct 26, 2017
Underrated: most IBA cocktails

I, like most people, probably spent way too much time and money at shitty trendy bars when I was younger. None of them ever make a proper drink unless its from tap or mixed with coke.

Crumb

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Overrated: gin and tonic
I just don't like gin honestly.
Underrated: dirty martini
Holy fuck olive juice is so good

Advance_Alarm

Banned
Dec 4, 2017
I LOVE cosmopolitans, but I always get called gay when I order them. Then I tried to switch between ordering beers and cosmos at the bar and I got even more shit. Let me drink in peace ya'll

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Underrated: shochu highballs. I drank so many of these in Japan. I like them with oolong tea or yuzu juice the best.

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
Overrated: Martinis, Margaritas, Bloody Marys
Properly rated: Mimosas, they rock.
Underrated: Amaretto Sours. I could drink them all day.

blizzink

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking as a bartender just getting home from a shift...
Overrated: anything complicated
Underrated: simple stuff

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Amaretto and coke tastes more like Dr Pepper than actual Dr Pepper does since they changed the recipe here in the UK. As old-style Dr Pepper was my favourite soft drink, and I still tend to like soft drinks more than booze... Yeah, that's going in the 'underrated' pile.

Oh, and Gin and Tonic is fantastic, reliable, and ubiquitous--the perfect standby cocktail. It's sheer ubiquity makes it quite underrated, I think--kinda one of those, 'you'll only realise how much you'll miss it once it's gone' sorta things.

As for overrated... For me, it's gotta be basically anything with rum. I can't stand the taste of rum. Like, the only rum-based beverages I even slightly enjoy are the ones that don't taste like rum at all.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Daiquiris are underrated as fuck because most people have only had the shitty blended kind. The real thing is beautiful.

Too few people drink non-Campari amaros and it's a shame. Aperol is fucking delicious.

OP
OP

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
Rum rules. Fucking pirate drink.

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
Not that this is mainstream but I just have a hard time believing how someone could like Fernet Branca in any situation.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Most drinks are quite good with quality alcohol .

Gin and tonic ? No . Tanguary and tonic ? Yes
Screwdriver? No. Grey goose and anything? Sure.
Tequila shots ? Hell no. Quality tequila? Sure.
Rye and ginger? No. Crown and ginger ? Not bad.

dark494

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Seattle
Somewhat underrated: Piña Colada

I don't know, I have a love for all things coconut, and anything with coconut rum I just adore. Also black spiced rum is the best. You want an amazing shot, just do equal parts black and coconut rum. Heavenly~

Overrated: Bloody Mary. Seriously what do you people see in this junk!?

On the topic of cocktails in general, me and my friends have taken to just trying various creations on Drunken Moogle and I gotta say, I have yet to be disappointed by anything I've tried from there.