• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
I've had Kingdom Hearts 3 preordered on Amazon for 3 years yet I'm not expected to get the game until February 8.
I did get it for only $40 so I'm not complaining too much.
Does Amazon not deliver on Release Day anymore or am I just unlucky.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
As with anything to do with shipping, it's a crap shoot. They usually try to deliver day of, but ultimately there's no way to be consistent with it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't they do this with another game late last year? The people that had lower preorder prices mysteriously had their shipping date after release date, while folks who paid in full were on schedule

I get a couple of days after release, but February 8th? Goddamn

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Amazon has a stranglehold on online sales now, so they can slack as much as they want.

I've just been Walmart swapping the stuff I want day one.

Shifty1897

Oct 28, 2017
Depends on where you live. When I lived in rural Alabama I only got it on release day maybe 30% of the time. In Portland I get it every time on release day.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I always get my games from them on launch day. Right now on the pre-order page for KH3, it says I'll get it release day.

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't bought anything online for ages for this reason, it's not just Amazon. Even of the game does come on release day, the post round here is so late there's no point.

Mitsurugi

Alt-account
Dec 11, 2018
I fully went digital in the past 2 and half years. The only pre-order I'll make is for a CE I'm interested in but definitely gotta have a digital version first

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
I'd say just order from Best Buy, but they've burned me a few times. Usually they're better than Amazon though in my experiences, just a couple bad incidents I had with them.

Jun 1, 2018
Im not sure what you mean. I have amazon prime and marios bros was supposed to release on 11th january. however i got it on the 10th. thats pretty awesome. im only preordering on amazon now.

etta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First they decreased the discount from 20% off for pre-orders to 10%, then they killed the 10% discount, then they killed the release-date delivery for the majority of games.
They can be scums because there's no competition, so Amazon for me now is only for games that are released and on sale.

Alent

Oct 28, 2017
Why i stopped using them years ago, and they're more expensive too (UK)

edit: LOL post above me with different UK experience

leder

Oct 25, 2017
I order all my games on Best Buy. They do orders of magnitude better at shipping than Amazon, and I'm even in Amazon's hometown so you'd expect them to be able to handle it there.

MikeE21286

Oct 27, 2017
I always get them on Reese day. I have that same pre-order. Order Jan 5, 2015 actually. So 4 years, and I'm getting on release day

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I've only had one game not get to me on release date from Amazon, and that was Advanced Warfare. Everything else has been fine, knock on wood.

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
i got this email for the $40 preorder

We have good news! One of your pre-ordered items is now eligible for release date delivery and has been upgraded at no additional charge. Your new delivery estimate is:

"Kingdom Hearts III - PlayStation 4"
Estimated arrival date: January 29, 2019

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
In the U.K. I find I'm more likely to get a game on release day from Amazon if I don't use Prime shipping because they ship it earlier that way rather than waiting until the day before and fucking it up 🤷‍♀️

Oct 25, 2017
I'm always on edge because of these stories, but I've never had an issue. Guess it's just where you live.

I remember with my Smash steelbook, I was sitting at home expecting it to get canceled or at 8pm if I was lucky, but nope, got it by 11am release day.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
I used to buy exclusively through Amazon when they had the $20 off Prime deal and sometimes I got the games on the day of release. When I didn't, I was patient and figured it was still worth it since I saved money.

Now though? There is no point.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon has never missed a release day for me (UK).
Yup. Never missed a delivery even if they start shipping the day before and hand it over to royal mail.

Got worried a few times it wouldn't come but they've always been here on delivery date morning with the post man. Zero complaints from me.

And if you order stuff normally it generally always comes quite quick aswell. Sometimes I've ordered stuff with free delivery (5-7 days delivery) and had it come the next day. Can't complain at all personally.

Feb 4, 2018
Weird. I'm a Prime member, preordered it yesterday and it's expected on release day. Not sure if it's because of Prime or because I paid full price.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Whats the point in pre ordering period? Obviously with shipping services comes the potential of delays for any sort of reason. Want to make sure you get it on release day? Pick it up yourself from one of many brick and mortar retailers that carry video games. Or buy digital.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Reason I go with Bestbuy for day 1s even before I got the discount. After Gamer's Club goes away I'll still get it from them with the exception of some collectors since I'll just preorder from my local Gamestop.

Last edited:

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered January 25, 2015 and it's still getting yo me release day. Not sure what is up with that delivery time for your copy

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've had Kingdom Hearts 3 preordered on Amazon for 3 years yet I'm not expected to get the game until February 8.
I did get it for only $40 so I'm not complaining too much.
Does Amazon not deliver on Release Day anymore or am I just unlucky.

You can still complain to Amazon and they might give you a ÂŁ10 code, that's what I did when I complained about two games arriving late.

predalien27

Nov 18, 2017
I also have the $40 preorder from January 25th 2015 and they sent me a message that I won't get it until the 4th. It's pretty bull if you ask me.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
C3aTgu6WYAAWggE.jpg

Amazon keeps getting worse. It was great for 8 years but they fucked RDR2 and I had to get it from walmart.

My KH3 order is scheduled for RDD tho.

DyByHands

Jul 16, 2018
The last few games I preordered from amazon were crazy late. I just figured it was because Im not a prime member. Ive since stopped using them for preorders.

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
Best Buy has been 50/50 for shipping whereas Amazon I've gotten it on day 1 90% of the time. Battlefield 5 arrived like 8 days late and Smash Ultimate arrived like 3 days late when they were both slated for release date delivery on Best Buy, so they definitely couldn't keep up with that during holiday shipping with their couriers, somehow Amazon does with the same couriers. Shipping at an appropriate early time it seems.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume most people preorder because they want the limited special edition that there's only 5000 of or they want preorder bonuses like one of those stupid metal game boxes to put their disc into for whatever reason.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Release date pre-order delivery is a completely new thing for me, now that Amazon is in Australia. Would typically wait 4-5 days with anything else I ordered from.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Thats the danger of ordering something online that needs to be shipped to you there is no guarantee, there really is no point in using Amazon. I have never had a problem with them to be honest always get everything day 1 when I come home from work. That said if you want to play a game on day 1 nothing beats Preload + Digital