• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
J-Tier

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
I think it was because of this experience that I started watching some cooking shows and wanted to learn how to cook properly.
I really enjoy cooking and quite frankly, I still have moments where laziness takes over and and create an absolute abomination. Particularly after a long day of work. But in general I cook and eat well, and it all stems from me as a kid combining random things in the kitchen.

Last edited:

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
What I call the "Inside Out Sandwich". Take a breadstick, wrap it in the deli meat of your choice, and then wrap that with a flexible sliced cheese of your choice. When bread meat bread is too much work.

Taste is good, though it's dry as you'd expect.

Not affiliated with Pixar or Disney in any way.

OP
OP
J-Tier

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
What I call the "Inside Out Sandwich". Take a breadstick, wrap it in the deli meat of your choice, and then wrap that with a flexible sliced cheese of your choice. When bread meat bread is too much work.

Taste is good, though it's dry as you'd expect.

Not affiliated with Pixar or Disney in any way.
Sounds good. I bet if you baked it for a bit, the breadstick would regain moisture and you'd have a nice gooey "enchilada". Though I guess baking it defeats the purpose of having a quick and easy meal.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am notorious for improvising and even when I don't need to, I always like to. I hate making the same recipe over and over without change, where as my girlfriend truly hates deviating from what she knows works. I prefer to try new ingredients or spices every time I make a particular dish.

In any case, one day years ago when I was really struggling to find something to eat when I got home, I fried myself some eggs and sauerkraut and topped it with green olives. Was fantastic.

Edit:

Oh, seems people are mentioning a hot dog in tortilla, something I've also done. It wasn't corn, but flour. I fried the hot dog first, then rolled the hot dog with a slice of American cheese inside the tortilla and then fried it all together until it crisped.

CyrilFiggis

Nov 3, 2017
Pennsylvania
Hmmm recently I was in the mood for spicy mac 'n cheese but was also feeling devastatingly lazy so I made a cup of Easy Mac and then added leftover Taco Bell fire sauce packets to it. No bueno, would not recommend.

Camstun187

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
China
Coincidentally enough, I just recently listened to JR talk about Yokozuna's diet, with a big asterisk next to him telling Yoko "You just can't eat deep fried turkey tails covered in mayonnaise and expect something good to come of it!".

So, the worst, most "trashy" thing I ever made was at my mates rundown home in Baltimore. It was a spring afternoon, I had arrived with wrestling to watch and a bottle of booze. We were ready, but wait, what could we eat?

(Note: this, my friends home in 2010 was just not savory. The front door didn't technically close because it was off the hinges, the kitchen stoves and fridge were from the 60's/70's, and it looked like rats frequented the quarters during the times of day he wasn't in there. Today, he still lives there.)

So, being the master of making shit to eat that i am, we scoured the kitchen, amassing a collection consisting of a 3/4-full can of sour cream and onion pringles, 3 to 5 slices of store brand cheese slices, store brand caesar dressing, store brand parmesan cheese, and various spices (pepper, garlic powder, salt).

I took everythint with the exception of the pringles and put them into a bowl, microwaved them, stirring every 3 seconds, until the bowl was just filled with a cheese dipping sauce with about a half inch later of orange oil resting on top of it all. My friend was outraged, yet strangely curious.

We dipped those pringles into it and had the best afternoon ever.

Other terrible things I have made:

-a block of pepperjack cheese, American, cheddar, parmesan, mozzarella, and various dressings from the fridge microwaved together and then dipping jalapeno cheetos into it.
-leftover crab dip, fried chicken, and various other football game foods piled onto a plate, having mayo and cheese poured on top of it all, and then eaten, probably being dipped in blue cheese or ranch.
-Philly cheesesteak pizza from wal-mart, topped with an extra pound of cheese, pepperoni, and other shit.
-15 dollars worth of taco bell at 2AM, including crunchwraps, meximelts, cheesy gordita crunches, grilled stuft burritos, nachos..etc

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
Idk what "mango habanero ribs" is, but the other day I ordered a pizza, cut it up and mixed it with cooked macaroni, shredded cheese, mashed potatoes, vegan butter, and fried red peppers and put it in the oven. I'd consider that trashy. I ate part of it then passed out drunk and left the oven on

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
My wife once took a bunch of noodles and added pesto, Parmesan cheese, and broccoli - served warm. I was actually shocked - it wasn't half bad.

I realize this isn't really trashy but it was just made from leftover ingredients and it was just an odd dish to put together.

Drowner

Banned
May 20, 2019
What do people who think 'pasta and butter', 'rice and hot sauce', or 'pizza and olive oil' are trashy normally eat?

OP
OP
J-Tier

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Idk what "mango habanero ribs" is, but the other day I ordered a pizza, cut it up and mixed it with cooked macaroni, shredded cheese, mashed potatoes, vegan butter, and fried red peppers and put it in the oven. I'd consider that trashy. I ate part of it then passed out drunk and left the oven on
That's pretty trashy lol. The mango habanero ribs are just these ready-to-eat pork spare ribs I buy at the local super which tends to have a flavor-of-the-week situation. Pretty mediocre.
What do people who think 'pasta and butter', 'rice and hot sauce', or 'pizza and olive oil' are trashy normally eat?
I'm sure it's either the sloppy execution or the cheap/processed ingredients.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Saltine crackers and Frank's Red Hot. Surprisingly good considering.

Not sure if this counts really, but as a kid I would make oatmeal on the weekends. In it, I would have 2-3 standard servings of oats, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and marshmallow fluff (if we had some) all mixed together. It was delicious.

EarlGreyHot

Oct 27, 2017
I once witnessed a friend putting pesto on rye bread with a baked egg in top

Can't remember if I ever did something like that

OP
OP
J-Tier

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Saltine crackers and Frank's Red Hot. Surprisingly good considering.

Not sure if this counts really, but as a kid I would make oatmeal on the weekends. In it, I would have 2-3 standard servings of oats, milk, sugar, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and marshmallow fluff (if we had some) all mixed together. It was delicious.
That sounds like straight up dessert in a bowl lol.
I once witnessed a friend putting pesto on rye bread with a baked egg in top

Can't remember if I ever did something like that
This sounds delicious.