• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
By trashy I mean you grabbed a bunch of crap you had at home, put it together and ate it, and the end result was mediocre or bad. Or surprisingly good.

I just got home after a long day at work today and had some leftover mango habanero ribs. Pulled the meat off the bone, put it in a flour tortilla with a Kraft single and a spoonful of crunchy peanut butter. Wrapped it up and ate it cold.

It was overwhelmingly mediocre. Wish I took a pic, but I ate it all. It was essentially just a wrap/burrito so the pic wouldn't have been all that exciting anyways.

Edit. Damn typo, may I have it fixed? "Out" to "put"

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Spaghetti, but I ran out of sauce and cheese so I put butter and crushed tortilla chips on it.

Alternately, rice with mayo and pepper.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
The other night I had some buttered toast with some instant breakfast (which is like a protein/nutrient mix you put in milk), and after that I had a spoonful of peanut butter and a cookie.

Donald Draper

Banned
Feb 2, 2019
I didnt have spaghetti sauce or well anything really bit I did have hot sauce. So I ate spaghetti drenched in hot sauce.

It was not bad tbh.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
One time I wanted a mint milkshake but didn't have mint ice cream, so I made a vanilla shake and sprayed some mint flavored Vick's chloraseptic into it.

End result was a vanilla milkshake that smelled weird and numbed my mouth.

Wood Man

Oct 30, 2017
As a kid I would boil ramen, strain all the water out, add the flavor packet, some butter and mix. For kicks I tried it again as an adult. Ugh, how did I eat that?

In college I would buy frozen meat patties $6 for 10 of them. Throw one on my George Foreman grill and eat it without bread. I called it a meat cookie.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Today my gf cooked pasta with tuna tomatoes onions garlic... so far so good. Then she decided to put lentils on it as well. Ugh. I added some corn too. It was surprisingly good.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I cut up a microwaved hot dog into a bowl of Kraft mac and cheese.

It was disgusting and I don't eat either of those things anymore as a result.

AlphaCookie

Nov 6, 2017
Washington
I once dumped every nearly empty Asian condiment I had in the fridge, soy sauce, fish sauce, oyster sauce, some left over teriyaki, chili garlic sauce, mirin, rice vinegar, sesame oil and a splash of my cheap dry sake and just hard wok'd the shit out of some chopped up beef scraps I had.

Invented something amazing. Didn't write it down. I've never been able to recreate that magic mixture of stuff that was probably out of date, at least nearly out of date, and possibly harboring the seeds to the species meant to succeed humanity.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I put a slice of American cheese on white bread with a smear of mayonnaise. I'm not sure why I decided to try this out as a kid but I think it's delicious.

ArtTeitlebaum

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
As a student I once came home at 2am in the morning to see my fridge had died at least several days before.
I was starving and only had some eggs, a bag of onions and some tomato sauce left. It was pathetic but fried onions plus scrambled eggs with pasta sauce at least gave me sleep until the shops were open again.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Spaghetti and butter with some salt and pepper. It's not trashy, but it's simple and delicious. Add an egg while the spaghetti is hot and mix it well for even more deliciousness.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
Ever? When my friend and I were living together after university, and we'd spent all our money on music festival tickets, we had to pull together a meal out of whatever we could find in the cupboards.

We sat down to the following: wholemeal wraps with dry-roasted peanuts and tomato salsa in the middle, washed down with a glass of rosé wine each that we'd had to dilute with tap water to make up the volume needed for both of us. It was bad. Really bad.

OP
OP
J-Tier

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
Ever? When my friend and I were living together after university, and we'd spent all our money on music festival tickets, we had to pull together a meal out of whatever we could find in the cupboards.

We sat down to the following: wholemeal wraps with dry-roasted peanuts and tomato salsa in the middle, washed down with a glass of rosé wine each that we'd had to dilute with tap water to make up the volume needed for both of us. It was bad. Really bad.
Damn. That diluted rosé is pretty bad.

NewDust

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Pasta+(Dutch) sambal cheese spread... It worked pretty well, but I wouldn't eat it again unless an absolute necessity, or one hell of a hangover.

Oh, and tortilla with butter and chocolate sprinkles, because I was out of bread and had some leftover tortillas. It was 'fine'.

ChaserX

Nov 1, 2017
Miami, FL
Chef Boyardee's Ravioli/Lasagna/Beefaroni with a side of either Lay's Chips or Funyuns, occasionally dipping the chips in the sauce.

Sacrilicious

Oct 30, 2017

410079.gif

shenden

Oct 27, 2017
At a young age in a festival being really hungry, we went with baked beans in tomato sauce mixed with macaroni. Not exactly trashy, but the trashiest I've eaten.

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One night I drank a bit too much and was hungry af.
I took a fridge pizza (like a frozen pizza, but well... not frozen) and put it in the microwave.
You should put it in an oven, but I didn't have one at the time.

Usually, it tastes like a cardboard with some molten cheese and salami on top, but somehow this one didn't quite cook through.
So I took a plate and put it on it, drenched it with olive oil (because in my stupid young mind, if you put oil on something it cooks better) and put it back in the microwave.

End result was a soaking wet pizza that tasted like cardboard and way too much cheap olive oil.

I puked afterwards and couldn't go to class the next day because of how sick I felt.

I think it was because of this experience that I started watching some cooking shows and wanted to learn how to cook properly.