• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Logos

User requested ban
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
There is a few everyday.

Oh no...

Am I also part of the problem?

What have I done.....

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
As one who recently dove head first into DBZ after getting FighterZ, there can't be enough. Ensconce me.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly am thinking about starting a thread where ever new Friday a new discussion topic for dragonball comes up. It was suggested as a Friday Nightly Comfy DB thread in one of the many topics started lately.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
there can never be enough. in fact every thread should be a dragon ball thread or OP ban

Jojo Leir

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I should make a thread about how the Buu saga is the best one, but most of the fandom just doesn't get it.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
who isn't watching super right now? i think this is the most mainstream anime has been since the og show

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
At least we all agree Gohan is the best right? Right. If there's only one thing all fans agree on. Glad we all agree.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
It's reached a power beyond the Gods.

The first half of the Buu saga until Super Buu was just as good as any other saga.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
I should make a thread about how the Buu saga is the best one, but most of the fandom just doesn't get it.

21st Budokai, 22nd Budokai, King Piccolo, Saiyan and Namek are all better imo.

Probably others too but those are the ones that stand out. I do appreciate the return to a little wackiness in the Buu saga, but I wouldn't put that high.

At least we all agree Gohan is the best right? Right. If there's only one thing all fans agree on. Glad we all agree.

Funny way to spell Piccolo. But Gohan's up there, at least until then end of Great Saiyaman. After that he *really* starts to get misused.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I ask myself this every day as well. But last time I said something about a thread I was warned with "thread whining" cause my opinion is not good enough

lmcfigs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's reached a power beyond the Gods.

The first half of the Buu saga until Super Buu was just as good as any other saga.
I think it gets good from when Fat Buu is revealed. Everything before that feels so stretched out. But I haven't seen Kai of that saga yet, so maybe a lot of what felt stretched out was actual filler.

Side note: my favorite part of the Buu saga was definitely building up Gotenks. Including the part when Piccolo has to walk Super Buu to the hyperbolic time chamber where every minute he stalls is like a week for them (or whatever). That's such clever writing.

Harken Raiser

Oct 25, 2017
Because we about that life

b335qu4t.gif

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
And as for the OP question

-it's the most popular anime in the west ever
-it has a new series currently out
-it's a tournament arc
-it's almost over
-it's been contentious

That's why there's a lot of threads.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
21st Budokai, 22nd Budokai, King Piccolo, Saiyan and Namek are all better imo.

Probably others too but those are the ones that stand out. I do appreciate the return to a little wackiness in the Buu saga, but I wouldn't put that high.

Funny way to spell Piccolo. But Gohan's up there, at least until then end of Great Saiyaman. After that he *really* starts to get misused.
Piccolo is boss. I'm currently at the tournament where Goku shows back up and Gohan is in his goofy super suit. I already know he gets sidelined. Through regular DBZ, he was the best for me, though.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball is eternal, you cannot escape it.
Even if you leave it for a while it comes back like a boomerang to you.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't like all these threads be glad it's ending.

Personally I like seeing all the discussion about DB, but I'm not against a break.

Turin

Oct 27, 2017
The road back started with Abridged, then Super which eventually started ratcheting up on the fanservice and now FighterZ.

I like it.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
It's a combination of FighterZ coming out recently and Super ending very soon. Should calm down in a bit. Hopefully.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Giant Bomb has gotten WAY into Dragonball all of a sudden after Dragonball Z Fighters.
I mean, Dan Ryckert and Jeff 'Anime is for Jerks' Gerstmann have made their own spin-off DBZ podcast together.

And in turn, I am watching DBZ Kai along with them. Shit's rad.

tumblr_n8k996khsm1qbsv7pik.gif

Deleted member 18360

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know. I don't know the material itself to warrant much thought, let alone as much as it seems to get here.

KDReyes92

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys do you think if Gohan was able to go SSJ on Namek would he have been able to beat frieza and escape like Goku did?

If Goku and ChiChi got a divorce who would keep the kids????

This brief snippet from a radio interview from 1999 and one panel from the manga confirms Krillen is in a abusive relationship with android 18.

Why Yamcha is secretly the best character in DBZ!!

.........I swear this place is actually just a Dragonball Z fan forum

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
What we clearly need is for Jojo Part 5 to come out, so that we can spam the forum with Jojo threads instead.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know. I don't know the material itself to warrant much thought, let alone as much as it seems to get here.
It really doesn't. 99% of the content of the arguments is "wow that power up looks stupid" or "character x is better than character y".

Dragon Ball is at its very best good and I don't ever think ventures into being great. Its a shiw about who can have a higher punch number and never really ventures beyond that or tries out new ideas.

I'm convinced most of its reverence is born from nostalgia, because as someone who didn't watch that show until I was an adult, so many anime have done what Dragon Ball did far better.

Status
Not open for further replies.