• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
I grew up in Siberia for 9 years, then lived in England for 6, then moved to the U.S and have been here a while. I have 0 Russian accent but I guess there's remnants of my British - people sometimes notice it. For the most part though I guess it's just good ol' American (but not a regional).

Blue for Sale

Sep 7, 2018
Everyone asks me if I'm from the south of Chile, since I speak in a singing manner or "cantadito".

I am from the south

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Mid-Atlantic

People from the south think I sound like a Yankee.
People from the Northeast and Northwest think I sound like a southerner.

Priapus

Oct 27, 2017
As a Frisian guy I tend to have a slight accent when talking Dutch. Though I unconsciously try to compensate by talking Hollands. So most people have no idea I'm Frisian. When talking English I have quite the accent but this tends to go away when I get more comfortable with it. I do enjoy trying to pronounce things in a proper British way.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Southern New Jersey.

I did have to train myself to pronounce the word "water" like a normal person, instead of the local pronunciation "wooder." I worked at a "wooder" utility for awhile, so I had to say it correctly, lol.

And no, I have never actually met anyone who pronounces "Jersey" as "Joisey."

Oct 28, 2017
Washington DC
I've lived around the DC area all but the first two years of my life(was born in NY.) In Europe they tell me I have an East Coast American accent - whatever that means.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
Hah, a woman come in today at work, and when I talked to her, she literally said "Oh thank God, you're British".
Sorry to disappoint, I'm a trueWiener, I've juat perfected the handful of phrases I need when talking to customers.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Portuguese, with a sharp Alentejano accent from Elvas.

I can go from a super deep accent that my parents sometimes will have a hard time understanding to almost no regional accent at all when dealing with certain people, specially on the phone.

I can also do other regional accents somewhat convincingly, like a generic northern accent or a bit of an ungodly Madeira/Azores accent mix.

Adam_Roman

Oct 25, 2017
Mine's not quite a Buffalo accent but not quite a Canadian accent. The only thing I've really been called out on accent wise is saying "about" more like "a-boat".

Sep 28, 2018
I have the British accent that American actors default too when doing a British accent. I guess the American ideal of a neutral British accent.