• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's your choice?

• Battlefield 2042

Votes: 1,393 88.8%
  • Call of Duty: Vanguard

Votes: 175 11.2%

• Total voters

dusan

Aug 2, 2020
Looks like the old rivalry has started again with the BF42. Which game impressed you after the details given so far?

EGS_Battlefield2042_DICE_S1_2560x1440-36f16374c9c29a18a46872795b483d72

Battlefield 2042 will not have a single-player campaign. Instead, the story will be told through multiplayer gameplay. Decades of devastation caused by climate change (including the collapse of the European Union and subsequent climate refugees known as "No-Pats") come to a peak in 2040 when a Kessler syndrome event occurs, causing 70% of orbiting satellites to crash to Earth. The resulting global blackout causes tensions between the United States and Russia to skyrocket, with war breaking out by the year 2042.

call-of-duty-vanguard-box-art.jpg

This is WWII combat like never before. Witness the origins of Special Forces as you play a pivotal role and change the face of history, forming Task Force One in a gripping Campaign across four major theaters of war. Become an original Special Forces Operator in an online Multiplayer rich in innovation with 20 maps available at launch. Prepare for a franchise-first, universe-expanding Zombies crossover. Immerse yourself in a fully integrated Call of Duty: Warzone experience featuring a new and massive map. This is the most connected Call of Duty ever, all powered by the next generation Call of Duty engine introduced in Modern Warfare.

Poldino

Oct 27, 2020
Vanguard looks a lot more complete to me: full single-player campaign, Treyarch's Zombies, traditional multiplayer (with 20 maps at launch!), Warzone integration

Besides that, MW and Cold War both had an outstanding free post-launch support, so I'm assuming with Vanguard is gonna be the same

Insane value for just one game, I think I'll be sticking with COD this year too

No campaign and only 7 maps at launch are a no-go for me with BF2042, I'll probably pick it up on sale later

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Battlefield and it's as far from close as you can be

Not a fan of eating the same cereal every year with different colors like CoD has been doing, complete and utter lack of innovation, I'm good, and going BACK to the WW2 well no less

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
sledgehammer cods have the worst MP's.
the campaign is somewhat interesting but honestly I'm completely burned out on the setting.

Very little interest in Vanguard.

On the other hand, BF2042 is my most anticipated MP game in a while.

Bardeh

Jun 15, 2018
Neither, probably, unless Vanguard reviews well. I know it's using the MW19 engine so that gives me some hope it might be decent. I was going to get BF2042 but I played BFV recently when it was free with Prime and I remember that I'm just not as much a fan of Battlefield's huge maps and vehicles. Much prefer CoD's smaller scope, but WW2 setting doesn't excite me at all.

Oct 27, 2017
I go with BF, but it has a value problem.

Knowing how shitty the support for BFV was, there is a world where we are replay those 7 maps + 1 new one for the first 6 months. I am not going to pretend that I care about BF campaign or co-op modes, but since you cut those, you gotta deliver more MP content.

I was ready to shit on COD for giving us a yearly by the numbers sequel, but if they deliver SP + Zombies + MP (20 maps) + Warzone Map/Mode... Then it is packing value that makes BF look like the rushed early-acess game.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
There's a huge swell of excitement for BF2042 in my social circles and I'm damn excited about the idea of playing with a consistent group again. First time in like a decade that I can recall this many of my friends being excited about the same multiplayer game.

Comparatively, COD has been dead in my social circles since Advanced Warfare. That was the last one I ever played with any of my friends.

Deleted member 44122

i dont really play multiplayer games and i generally like the feel of cods controls a lot more, so vanguard i guess

Raigor

May 14, 2020
Knowing how shitty the support for BFV was, there is a world where we are replay those 7 maps + 1 new one for the first 6 months. I am not going to pretend that I care about BF campaign or co-op modes, but since you cut those, you gotta deliver more MP content

Battlefield 2042 has 3 different major modes. If anything it has more content than previous recent title at launch DESPITE not having a 5 hours campaign.

UnluckyKate

Oct 25, 2017
Vanguard might have a few cool set pieces in its SP.

But BF looks like its going to be a super cool half emergent gameplay so this for the long term.

Curious about possible Warzone additions with Vanguard. New weapons sure, but new map ? Gadgets ? Mecanics ? Vehicules ?

amnesties

Nov 17, 2017
not even a contest. DICE's A team vs the worst of the three CoD developers

modern/near-future vs. more world war ii nazis 🥱

Shiz Padoo

Oct 13, 2018
Battlefield, until I read on and saw that the story is told in MP. That wasn't a good idea in Titanfall and it's still not a good idea.

Now it's CoD.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Neither at the moment. I'll be watching the cheater situation on BF2042 and if it doesn't improve I'm not getting it. Even then I'd only play BF Portal. Literally the first BF game I won't own at launch and I bought the Mobile Port of Battlefield Bad Company 2 FFS.

Reddaye

Mar 24, 2018
New Brunswick, Canada
I've supported COD for a long time, but after Cold War I'm done. I've hated the last two entries, and haven't loved one since 2012. I'm just tired of the franchise, it's publisher, and developers.

BF is my preference, but I'm not commiting to anything until I see more gameplay, hear impressions, and try out the trial on GPU.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I've always enjoyed Battlefield multiplayer much more than CoD, so easy choice. And especially with CoD being WW2 again ...

Oct 25, 2017
Warzone has killed any desire for mainline COD's for me tbh- if I need that itch scratched why not just boot up the F2P option?

It's been enough of a break from BF to me that 2042 seems novel enough- but the alpha footage wasn't super convincing, and since my friends are on last gen it'll suck to not play with them, even through I think DICE is right to push the tech forward. I'll try the open beta, see how it launches, and maybe see if we get a Christmas sale so that don't have to spend £70

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Neither at launch.
CoD first, second hand.
Battlefield after like 6 months once I know what I'm getting into.

LordZap

Oct 27, 2017
Battlefield. Portal mode is everything I've wanted in a shooter. You can straight up run the game as a ww2 shooter if you preferred. If Dice can deliver on what they've shown, there is no way this years cod matches it in quality.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Most likely neither but if I had to choose, Battlefield.

BF has always been more of my jam. COD is what I play if I feel like dying over and over again, BF at least I feel I could have a chance.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I've always been a Battlefieldhead and never particularly cared for Call of Duty. I'll take the worst beef over the best cod
This is WWII combat like never before.
Prove it. The reveal trailer could've been cinematics from any other WW2 shooter made in the past two decades.

walken_yawn-324x198.gif

Vimto

Oct 29, 2017
Both.

Can't wait to see my country in a battlefield map.

And Zombies are very cool, can't miss that.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
easiest poll of my life. They need to take a break from cod, atleast a year but they never will because people still buying these yearly releases and this cod will be another best seller...sadly

SirDante

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 20, 2020
Battlefield..hands down. WWII setting after CODWW2, BF1 and BF5? ... no thanks. Wouldn't buy COD this year at all. And I've bought every other release since 2013.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Really have been dissapointed with everything gameplay related with Battlefield. But I still have hope.

Oct 27, 2017
sledgehammer cods have the worst MP's.
the campaign is somewhat interesting but honestly I'm completely burned out on the setting.

Very little interest in Vanguard.

On the other hand, BF2042 is my most anticipated MP game in a while.
sledgehammer cods have the worst everything, all of them are shit, WWII is just played out sorry to say... and its not even based on real life and its a fictional WW2 game, about Hitler's next..... on top of SH making it...

ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZ
IW is the only cod dev worth a damn.

i think cod has better and easier shooting... but 2042 looks legit good... still shouldnt be full price for just PVP though, and i hate i have to use Origins, but im give BF my time this year... and halo pvp because it s free... i see this being cods worst year in a long time.

VaanXSnake

Banned
Jul 18, 2018
Era will probably be BF all the way but in reality, COD will murder BF as always.

Game wise, Vanguard seems to be a more complete game than BF but I'm real tired of WW2, I guess I'll play HAlo.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pre-ordered both.

Battlefield will be the "internet gamer" favourite, Vanguard will win the mainstream.

Which will be more fun, and which will i enjoy more? Probably Vanguard. That's just a guess based on past experiences with COD and BF, COD has a slightly higher hit rate.

If BF5 didn't stink so hard maybe I would be more optimistic about BF.

Gvon

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think I'll buy either at full price. It's more than likely I won't buy either full stop. I think it's hard not to give it to COD if it's a full package as per with the series. With all the modes, SP, MP and whatever else is included it's hard for a MP only game to compete.