• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Troublematic

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Dark Messiah ice puddle is the funniest for sure, but I also enjoy any ice spells that let me shatter enemies with a combo. As for enemies, Souls series has Priscilla and Sister Friede that have some awesome looking ice/snow spell effects.

SupremeWu

Banned
Dec 19, 2017
xVGlxEY.gif

Dragon Dogmas spells are all so amazing

E - btw for context on how powerful the high level spells are, each of those purple dots at the top represents a full health bar

Last edited:

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Anthem's ice looks pretty nice so far, though it could use more lingering chunks, I'd say:

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
SĂŁo Paulo - Brazil
Freeze ammo in Mass Effect 2. Simply yet extremely satisfying.

I was extremely disappointed with how they changed it in Mass Effect 3. Not only the ammo worked differently but the effects were worse as well. It didn't look like ice anymore.

Claww

Nov 7, 2017
Dota 2 - Ancient Apparition's ultimate Ice Blast. Powerful, unique mechanics and very fun to use.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Dota 2 - Ancient Apparition's ultimate Ice Blast. Powerful, unique mechanics and very fun to use.
I was going to post this! It's an awesome skill shot that can really demoralize the other team when you land it from across the map. For those unfamiliar:
Launches a tracer towards any location of the battlefield, which must be triggered again to mark the area to be blasted by a damaging explosion of hail. The further the tracer travels, the larger the explosion will be. Enemies caught in the explosion, or who touched the icy ball of hail as it travels, are frostbitten, taking damage and prevented from regenerating or healing. If a frostbitten unit's health drops below a certain percentage, they will instantly shatter.

If you have vision of an enemy team from the other end of the map and can time the tracer correctly, it is completely devastating.

OwOtacon

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 18, 2018
I have definitely laboriously crossed lengthy rivers by painstakingly laying a leapfrog of Cryonis bridge blocks down. Nothing is going to get in my way!
Climbing up waterfalls with Cryonis was a fun thing to learn I could do. Also - got to Eventide Island by that method.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
D2 Frozen Orb (before cooldown nerf)

Absolutely this for overall usefulness.

This for being extremely useful against specific enemies, and because the feedback with it is pretty much peerless. God damn Capcom needs to release another game that has a similar tactile feedback system. Nothing has come close to that since, although the Souls games are pretty good feedback wise in general. For spells though in particular, nothing has been able to touch Dragon's Dogma. Nothing. From what I have seen of Devil May Cry 5 though, it might get pretty close, if not equal it.

edit: I can't even tell by that gif what that enemy is even supposed to be. Looks like a glitched out horse.

Last edited:

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
I don't think I'll ever forget the sound effect of single target ice 3 in FFVII

Edit: it's at 1:51 and apparently I can't figure out how to do t=111 because I'm old.

spad3

Oct 30, 2017
California
PesCZHIOVeczmsheqwenLlIdOhlITAUaenMpR1Eeqojh4BfFnqOoGftT9on3G4Lxp1JQRTLRr3C79R1QiQa6TLq1xQS1xNshaMzt3aesO76WlMxeCrKmo3WmHagDGjDX0MdJtZZy

Ionic Freeze - Cole MacGrath in Infamous 2

MRgqHcl.gif

All things Ice Klone - Sub Zero in Mortal Kombat/Injustice

12sp5dzsoyt01.gif

Glaive Storm - Kratos in God of War

x-men-legends-2-iceman-in-game.jpg

Ice Beam/Ice Slide - Iceman in X-Men Legends 2