• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 8118

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't care if you're from the top of the Earth or from the edge of the universe. What's your favorite local snack?

When I'm home I can't help but pick up a bag of these.

Where are these from? Read the bag!
71Tz2noB4zL._SY355_.jpg

Hot, sweet, corny, these are the fucking best with a beer or unbelievably stoned.

Gaardus

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, shit, I came into this thread fully prepared to talk about Red Hot Riplets. Never had the corn chips, but I might try them soon.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edinburgh, Scotland. " sauce" which is a thin tart blend of brown sauce (think thick fruitier steak sauce) and malt brown vinegar. On anything from the (Fish and ) "Chip shop" but especially deep fried haggis.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8118

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, shit, I came into this thread fully prepared to talk about Red Hot Riplets. Never had the corn chips, but I might try them soon.
Yes! They're a bit sweeter, but that only makes them better.
Edinburgh, Scotland. " sauce" which is a thin tart blend of brown sauce (think thick fruitier steak sauce) and malt brown vinegar. On anything from the (Fish and ) "Chip shop" but especially deep fried haggis.
That sounds amazing.
Chimney cake in Romania. Have tried to make it myself but cant get it right.
I've never seen this and my first reaction to seeing it was "woah".

I need to try it some day.

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
large_3cbba961-c1af-48c8-a8c8-9e95e2e1550d.jpg

Tomoe brand Yakko Kakimochi. Sure there are theoretically "rice crackers" available on the mainland, but other brands don't have the right blend of sweet and savory, and none of them have the specific texture of the Yakko variety

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
As a Southern Californian this is tricky as most local food (i.e. In-n-Out, Moscow mule, French dip, Cobb salad) has expanded to other states and worldwide. I'll go with the California Burrito since it's barely expanded outside of even SD.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
I don't know where you live but I used to loved going to PA because I used to know specific gas stations that stocked these. I'd always buy at least two bags for later, and one for right then and there.
im always sad when i take vacations visiting family in Georgia and Florida and none of the gas stations have them

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
I'm from Seattle, WA so I'd say Tim's Cascade Sour Cream and Onion potato chips.

My wife is from Nebraska. She'd say Runza and Valentino's Pizza.

Chimney cake in Romania. Have tried to make it myself but cant get it right.

There's a stand are the University District Farmers Market in Seattle that does legit chimney cakes.

Lonewolf

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oregon
Grew up in Ohio, these were common there. Miss them now I live in Oregon.
Herrs-Red-Hot-Potato-Chips.jpg

GUEST_fccfaf67-c6bd-40aa-b908-c3ab1fc3a1c6

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
All the Portuguese bakery items in Massachusetts. Nothing like an egg and cheese on a Portuguese muffin

Also, I deeply missed new England Greek style pizza when I lived outside the area
19-reg-styles-new-england-greek.jpg

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

These fucking things are UNREAL. I was lucky enough to get a couple bags from my girlfriend's dad (he has family in Singapore) and oh. my. lord.

Tried to order online but they are like 15 bucks a bag. Which I honestly consider to be.... kind of worth it, for how amazing they are. I mean it's insane that a snack exists that is so good I think it's worth double digit prices per bag...

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
When in Belgium:

148110-Bicky-Beef-RGB_HR_508x306_508x306_acf_cropped-1.png

A Bicky Burger from a Frietkot (fries place), with fries ofcourse. It's a very simple hamburger, with fried meat, dried onions and pickled cucumber and three types of sauces, of which 'yellow bicky sauce' is the secret ingredient. It's as trash as food can get, but fuck me if it doesn't taste amazing.

When in Portugal:

Amanteigaria.jpg

Pasteis de Nata from Manteigaria. You can technically get a pastel everywhere in the world now, but nowhere are they as good as here imo. (Yes, I prefer them to the original from Belém)

Last edited:

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Southside of Chicago is a place where it's all about the sauce.

348s.jpg

Middle left - Mild sauce is great on anything but especially fried foods. Think the perfect mix between ketchup and bbq sauce leaning towards a more sweet taste with a hint of vinegar.

Upper left - This orange sauce is known as Heine's hot sauce, it's the best sauce ever made (fight me) and is the perfect blend of spicy, mustardy, vinegar and all things good in the world.

You can order the hot sauce on Amazon but it's pricey.
https://www.amazon.com/Hienies-Hot-Sauce/dp/B01DJLXQ8E

For $10, I can ship you a gallon and it'll last you quite a bit of time.

Banderdash

Chicken Chaser
Nov 16, 2017
Australia

Had deep fried haggis pizza from some hole in the wall place just down from the uni, whilst trollied in Edinburgh... at 3am it was amazing.

South Australia does a couple of things...

Frog cakes.
They're great... but very sweet.

There's also the Pie Floater:
th

A beef mince pie, with pea soup.
It's actually pretty good.

And our local chocolate company (Robern Menz) makes several chocolate bars and snacks.

Venture

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, nice timing. These just recently came out here and they're amazing! So damn addicting.

512oivv8rlllak7k.jpg

There were some BBQ Cheetos a couple of years ago but only for a limited time it seems. Those were really good but I think these are even better.

Deleted member 17402

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lou Malnati's. Technically they have branched out a little bit, but it's basically Illinois.
category_468_6540.jpg
Went to Lou Malnati's when I visited Chicago in December. Truly some of the most disappointing pizza I've ever had. Fresh-as-hell ingredients, mind you, but ultimately a very heavy crust and cheese that made me feel sick to my stomach. Was the only time I ever had pizza and felt nauseous for hours after. Absolutely hated it.

Unfortunately Lou Malnati's was the only pizza I had an opportunity to try when I was there.

The best food I had in Chicago was donuts from Do-Rite Donuts & Coffee. Amazing stuff. I still crave them to this day.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
These fucking things are UNREAL. I was lucky enough to get a couple bags from my girlfriend's dad (he has family in Singapore) and oh. my. lord.

Tried to order online but they are like 15 bucks a bag. Which I honestly consider to be.... kind of worth it, for how amazing they are. I mean it's insane that a snack exists that is so good I think it's worth double digit prices per bag...

Yup, these are basically legal crack. Once you started, it's impossible to stop.

GeminiX7

Feb 6, 2019
Fried Goat Meat

Puff-Puff (a type of Nigerian doughnut. Fried and decently sweet on it's own, sometimes coated with sugar)

Chin-chin(a hard, bite-sized cookie/biscuit version of the puff-puff dough, great bar snack)

Suya (Street vendor chicken/beef skewers coated with spices and paired with cooked or raw sweet onions)

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Cheerwine always plays hard to get with me and my local kroger/publix stores in North Atlanta.
My folks live in NC, so I usually load up whenever I visit them.

Yeah, it's really hyper local, which is why I posted it. It's one of the few truly unique snacks we have here.

Best part of NC is getting Cheerwine in restaurants from the fountain. So good.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
chifrijo.jpg

Chifrijo: Toasted pork rinds, beans, avocado, onions, cilantro and lime.

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Its a drink. Its call a "shaft". Its got Kahlua, Bailey's, Vodka and something else in it. Every bar and pub here serves them. Its more of a shot that you chug through a straw but some wimps like to sip on them.

honest_ry

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Good choice.

A Gold munchy box is a Scottish delicacy. (even though its ye know.....indian food)
Roll on square sausage with tattie scone....yum.