ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
I've only been to Texas Roadhouse once but I think it tops the list. The reason I haven't been back is because of the wait, I did the preseating thingy but we still had to wait outside for like 35 minutes and the place had trash all over the floor but the steak was really tasty and our bill was only like $100 for a family of 5 and that's with me ordering a $32.99 porterhouse.

I used to work at the cheesecake factory but that was many years ago but I'm about to take my kids there for the first time since two of them really like cheesecake.

OP
OP

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
Does Shake Shack count? If it counts - I enjoy Shake Shack (only tried it in Asia though)
I consider that fast food though maybe it's not?

I went to the Shake Shack in the Denver airport and even though you went up to order it was almost like a restaurant and there was a tip prompt and they had seating. The Shake Shack in the Atlanta airport was pretty much fast food as there was no seats in the establishment and no tip prompt.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
MV5BMTExODUwOTI5ODleQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU4MDExNTA1NTIx._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
The Texas Roadhouse near me is good quality. KPOT isn't "great" Korean BBQ/hot pot but it's reasonably solid.

jiggle

Dec 23, 2017
I love me some olive garden salad and breadstick. Their chicken and shrimp carbonara is really delicious too but I'm always too full to eat much of it

And the bacon bacon cheeseburger from cheesecake, YUM!

dedhead54

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really eat at non fast food national chains, but I recently went to Longhorn Steakhouse a couple of times and thought it was honestly kind of good.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Carrabba's is probably the best of the larger, full-service chains I've been to. The food is good quality and the prices are pretty dang reasonable compared to other restaurants. The have some of the best steak and veal that I've had. Better than Outback, which is their sister restaurant.

dphrygian

Oct 28, 2017
Texas
Texas Roadhouse is good. There's one just a couple of miles from my home but I almost never eat out these days so I haven't taken advantage of it.

Brio Italian Grille isn't a huge chain (32 locations) but it's so much better than Olive Garden, definitely worth going if you've got one around.

BJ's is like Applebee's if Applebee's were good. Huge menu but I've never been disappointed.

My one experience at Fogo de Chão was slightly underwhelming; it's extremely popular and crowded, and while they ostensibly have a dozen cuts on the churrasco menu, they sure did keep coming by with mostly picanha.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Probably Cheesecake Factory. I don't know how they have such a huge menu and yet manage to make it all tasty.

I remember when Outback first spread across the country and had 2 hour waits at the one near me. Now it's rare that I go in there and don't see just a sea of empty tables. I don't know how they stay in business.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Sometimes I think about the Cheesecake Factory and I need to take a moment alone to myself.

Avitus

Oct 25, 2017

TylerD

Oct 25, 2017
Whiskey Cake Kitchen & Bar is mine. Been to 4 different ones and have had nothing but great experiences and food everytime.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been to the US in years but back then it was always TGI Fridays but I've read it's gone down big time, so maybe Outback?

But for US chains that exist in Canada I'd say Cheesecake Factory

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
does Red Robin still exist? That one seemed great in the fabric of the United States chain restaurants pantheon.

MyDudeMango

Jul 17, 2021
Canada
A&W

It reminds me of how much better things tend to be in Canada. 😏
(I jest I jest lol)

Jokes aside... Popeyes is pretty alright? Little Caesars is a lifesaver for cheap impromptu get togethers and such. I'm realizing quickly that I don't really got to many chain restaurants anymore, American or otherwise. Shit's gotten too expensive to where I just shell out a few extra bucks and support local.

MOTHGOD

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Buttfuck Nowhere
I would say Longhorn Steakhouse or Texas Roadhouse. Only because i have never been to a Cheesecake Factory and a ton of people said Cheesecake Factory so i wanna try it.
But really i have never had a bad experience at these places and the food is good. My go to at Longhorn is the New York strip, Chili Cheese Fries with chorizo, parmesan fried asparagus and ginger peach tea.

pioneer

May 31, 2022
Cheesecake Factory is trash. My family loves it and I always have to go when I visit them. Barf

Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Honestly, it's IHOP for me.

Though I've also never been to a Waffle House or a Cracker Barrel, and I know a lot of people rave about the two of them.

Bonchon is also a very good pick, though I never ate at one; I always treat it as fast food.

beat

Oct 28, 2017
I wish I was rich enough to say Nobu. (I can't believe they have 55 restaurants. What the hell, man.)

Does Pho Hoa count? It's based in California.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
Mimi's Cafe on the strength of the french onion soup alone

I also loved Souplantation. rip in peace

Cerun

Jun 9, 2020
For me I would say Texas Roadhouse being one of the better chains and they are still expanding.

Isilia

Mar 11, 2019
US: PA
Texas Roadhouse here is good. Inexpensive compared to all the other chains around here.

It's just loud, so my migraines dislike the blaring audio

wallmeat

Oct 28, 2017
Texas Roadhouse isn't amazing but it's outstandingly consistent.

Red Robin is pretty good too.

Caeda

Oct 25, 2017
Danbury, CT
I like Red Robin a lot, their fries+garlic aioli is to die for.
The Texas Roadhouse near me is good quality. KPOT isn't "great" Korean BBQ/hot pot but it's reasonably solid.
I've been wanting to try KPOT because I don't have a hell of a lot of options in my vicinity, but I haven't gotten around to it because it's so damned expensive.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
Pleasantly surprised to see all the positive comments about Texas Roadhouse. It's not amazing, but I would rather go there than a place like Ruth's Chris.

I go to Sugarfish a lot.
Man I just went there for the first time ever in December while visiting some family in L.A. I think about the crab hand roll a lot.