• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Luxorek

Oct 25, 2017
Poland
Hard choice as it's been a while since I last watched the Wire. Like seven years while.

I remember Season 1 blew my mind back then. It opened my eyes to the inner workings of police and city politics, but also to the life of gangs and people who get caught in between. Season 2 was a slight dissapointment since it moved away from that and featured more of criminal aspects of Baltimore port terminal. Then again I'm Polish so it will always gets props from me for showing the life of Polish-Americans. I grew to respect Pryzbylewski, symphatize with Sobotka and loathe Valczek.

Season 3 and 4 I barely remember. Was it the Hamsterdam and Marlo stuff? Never watched the fifth season.

I sincerely hope Baltimore is nothing like it was shown in that show now though. Because it seemed like a genuinely awful place.

Yasuke

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Season 4 is a work of art - every damn episode killed me.

wire-season-4-image.jpg

Deleted member 13037

Probably 4 since it was my introduction to the show. Had no idea what I was missing (literally) but it turned out to be a good entry point.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every annual rewatch for me it jumps between 3 and 4. 3 has the conclusion of characters and a way of life we've followed since season one.
4 is just a masterpiece.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished watching the show for the first time a few weeks ago.

My feelings on ranks:

4 = 2 > 1 > 5 > 3