What's your go to peanut butter?

Horp

Nov 16, 2017
Skippy. Tried a whole bunch of organic and whatnot but man... skippy is the best.

ChryZ

Oct 26, 2017
99% peanut with as little processing as possible. I don't mind working it a bit before use.

Apeach

Oct 27, 2017
I just make mine at home. It’s really not that hard and you know you’re not getting the trans fat. I’ve never had to stir it either.

I never knew Skippy was so popular. To me it was always a knock off of Jif.

Oct 27, 2017
Netherlands
Calve dutch peanut butter.
Peanut butter kinda is our trademark food lol and why ppl think dutch ppl are so tall.

Never worked out for me maybe it did help with the good lookin part tho 🤔

Macnair

Oct 27, 2017
Lily's peanut butter. I used to devour a half bottle when I was a kid. Now I have gout so switched to cookie butter or Nutella.

O-Zips

Oct 28, 2017
Which of these are available in typical grocery stores in Canada?

I don't remember seeing any except the big brands like Kraft. Maybe because I don't normally look for it.

AutoMard

Feb 21, 2018
I'm brand-agnostic when it comes to PB. Love every and all types of Peanut Butter.

Tried Jif for the first time recently and it was all right. Bought Peter Pan this time around. Crown is fine as well.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
There is only one:

Except you guys call it peanut cheese
Yeah that's a weird (like.. completely dumb) name for you guys (and for us as well). But calling it butter isn't really great either. "Blended Peanuts with Oil" would be better. It's 85% peanuts, i believe. It used to be 93%.

The Dutch are at least part peanut-butter.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
For me, it's Skippy creamy. FOr my wife though, it's GIF Creamy.

But, we buy the all natural no sugar added $8 oil-settles-in-the-crevices-so-you-have-to-stir-it-up peanut butter crap now. PB&J's went from like $0.20 to $1.40 because "We shouldn't add any more sugar than they already have!"

Oct 31, 2017
Peter Pan and Skippy, both Creamy. I don't really like JIF.

I DO like getting organic from time to time and enjoying the different texture/taste.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
Smuckers Natural Creamy or Chunky
MaraNatha Creamy Peanut Butter or Almond Butter
Wild Harvest Creamy and Chunky
Nuts 'N More Toffee Crunch

Thornton Reed

Oct 30, 2017

this stuff is the best peanut butter i've ever had. No palm oil, no sugar, just peanuts. If you care about the environment STOP buying food products with palm oil in them

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
Usually store brand organic creamy no stir version. I don't know why they even bother with PB that you have to stir.

Joco

Oct 29, 2017
Jif. I can't decide between creamy or chunky, both are too good.

Also Jif>Skippy.

TheIlliterati

Oct 28, 2017
More than ten years ago there was this brand of peanut butter my mom would get from Whole Foods that tasted almost exactly like Reese's filling, except the ingredients said no added sugar. Now I swear they must've been lying because that shit was the most delicious stuff ever. I wish I knew what it was. I don't know if it was a local Michigan brand or if its even made now. I just want to know if they were lying! Since I can remember no details I guess its useless.

Tence

Oct 30, 2017
There is only one:

Yeah that's a weird (like.. completely dumb) name for you guys (and for us as well). But calling it butter isn't really great either. "Blended Peanuts with Oil" would be better. It's 85% peanuts, i believe. It used to be 93%.

The Dutch are at least part peanut-butter.
All hail the king!

It is not called peanut-butter in the Netherlands because you could only call 'real butter' butter back when it was introduced in the Netherlands (the name butter was protected), so they went with cheese.