• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
I was recently watching a movie at the theatre and this kid got abducted and tied down. Ok, the camera will cut away and we'll hear his screams, I thought. Nope. They went to town on this little boy who was anywhere between 10-12 years old.Dude was getting stabbed, and screaming his bloodied lil face off. I was so shocked and kinda disgusted? Like, I wasn't disgusted because someone was dying, but rather because I'm not used to seeing a kid die like that in a movie. When did this start happening?

My bad. I forgot I could spoiler the movie title. It was
Doctor Sleep

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
I love horror movies too but I draw the line at seeing kids get hurt, unless it's pivotal to the story, like Pet Cemetery or Hereditary.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
The Netflix movie The King has a kid carrying another kid's head into an army's camp.

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
I remember seeing The Blob (remake) when it came out, so I was around 8 or 9, and seeing the kid die fucked me up. Same with the animation segment with the Venus fly traps in Creepshow 2.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The 1988 version of the Blob has a nasty kid kill.

Also, I'd run over a Little Leaguer with a steamroller for an uncut version of Maximum Overdrive.

PinaColada

Oct 27, 2017
DyaHfgGX4AA8Prt.jpg

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
From reading this thread, my impression is that most on-screen child deaths are done to shock the viewer. Though this is not always the case, in the vast majority of cases the child/baby character is disposable.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I must be fucked. I dont mind seeing adults, kids, whatever being hurt or killed. Animals, such as dogs, kind of annoy me though. Lol