• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

When are you expecting Persona 6 to release?

Votes: 96 29.1%

Votes: 167 50.6%
  • 2026 and beyond

Votes: 67 20.3%

• Total voters

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
So we have word that Persona 6 has been delayed internally.

Absolute zero chance 6 releases this year. It was delayed internally just yesterday and there is a rough timeframe but can't share, sorry.

Could be to release remake first or the other game but I'm not privy to that info. If the teaser is at Sony's next show, I'll know beforehand and confirm.
I'm not involved in any way with the other two games, I just see stuff here and there. My bet is 6 comes after them so there could be something this year, I can't really comment on that confidently.

This has me wondering when the game could possible come out. It has been 7 years since Persona originally released and 4 years since Royal.
This year seemed didn't seem that unreasonable but with these new rumors, I wonder if even 2024 is possible now.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully long enough y that they can sit back on the drawing board and bring something new to the table tired of the same high school setting with kids protagonists.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
FF isn't a JRPG tho :P
Superior game then

cloud-strife-final-fantasy7.gif

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Announced in 2024 only for it to come out in 2026

Their other project will come out before it in 2023/2024

Lunatious

Dec 18, 2018
I'm gonna say 2025. P3 Remake definitely feels like it's coming relatively soon, and who knows what's up with Re:Fantasy.

I wonder if we'll get any other Persona spinoffs in the meantime. A "P5-3" seemed like a certainty after Strikers and Royal, but it's been so long I wonder if they've decided to move on.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
This is the one thing I think sega will drop actually.
They've been doing a very good job about Worldwide Launches as of late and have even gotten Atlus to jump on that.
Yeah I would expect at this point for something like Persona they would have a simultaneous worldwide release. They did it for both mainline SMT and Soul hackers 2.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
2026+

RE:Fantasy is gonna be the new hotness for a while and Persona has a bad habit of continually sliding.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
QQ that is kinda on topic

Why do you think there hasn't been a "P5A"?

I know the devs who made P4A have been busy with supporting their other games the last few years, GG, DBFZ etc but surely a P5A could've been a big deal with the success of P5 & P5R putting more eyes on the series.

Did P4A not do well? Devs too busy so no opportunity to make it?

OP
OP
Son of Sparda

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I expect 2025 personally. After the message we got post the anniversary thing I was a bit hopeful that we might see something from it soon, but if they've just delayed it internally then I don't expect it anytime soon.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
Regardless of how it goes, I assure you I won't have learned my lesson to wait for the FES/Golden/Royal version, and feign surprise when they do it AGAIN.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
I'm seeing late 2024 to early 2025. Might be a good idea to put space between it and FFVII Rebirth IMO, but it feels like they're trying not to jump to announcing things too early.

Ashes of Dreams

Unshakable Resolve
May 22, 2020
Assuming all of the rumors are true (which I'm not saying I do, but for the sake of the thread...)
Persona 3 Remake - 2024
Persona 6 - 2026

I think the time between P3R's reveal and release will only be like 6 months but I think P6 is gonna have a year, maybe two, between. They're gonna want to market the hell out of that. Part of it does also depend on if Re:Fantasy is actually a thing that is happening, I doubt they'll want to step on their own toes.

Homura

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Aug 20, 2019
Persona 6 - Q1 2025
Persona 6 FES/Golden/Royal - Q4 2027

KoroEunectes

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

I know the devs who made P4A have been busy with supporting their other games the last few years, GG, DBFZ etc but surely a P5A could've been a big deal with the success of P5 & P5R putting more eyes on the series.

The re-release last year did pretty poorly from what I remember.
Some of the staff at Arc System that made P4A also don't work there anymore.
Persona also doesn't have the popularity of DBZ.
Arc System probably gets better offers from other companies that want a fighting game for their IP.
Not saying that P5A (or P6A at this point) is never happening, but I can see why it isn't a priority for both companies.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Never
Persona is over. Atlus got mad not enough people bought persona 5 candles and cancelled the series

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Ive never listened to insiders. I am still sticking to my date of April this year.

Willin

Oct 28, 2017
Announced for 2024, released in Japan in 2025 and released in the West in 2026.

LinkStrikesBack

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

A combination of the Devs being pretty busy and the fighting game genre being one of the tougher ones to get in to for casuals. I think the collaboration to make a musou spin sequel instead was probably a good one (and the sales seem to have been by far the strongest of any persona spin off, so it paid off).

Last edited: