• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
wierd is this a leak? Or a bug?
I didn't vote btw it just showed up like this

Screenshot_20211124-040058_Opera.jpg

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
real talk though if this is a glitch it's likely just the peoples choice tally causing it, which wouldn't surprise me as to R&C getting the most votes (but audience vote only 10% of the overall weight)

Mancha

alt account
Banned
Oct 23, 2021
Huh. It was one of the best games I've played this year despite my personal GOTY being a toss between Guardians of the Galaxy and Hitman 3, but good on Insomniac. Congrats for the GOTY award and lol at the leak.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
Lmao that would be hilarious if they fucked up that bad. It doesn't show a "winner" for any other category when I checked.

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
Absolutely no dig intended here as I really enjoyed Ratchet & Clank but that would be the most disappointing winner of the lot. (Maybe along with Village)

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
ofc it's a bug, but it would be hilarious if Rachet actually wins this.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
Hope its a bug because I found the game really average. Pretty, but average.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Hopefully this is a bug. Even putting aside the Insomniac controversy, Rift Apart is easily the weakest game of the lot.

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
Probably won the fan voted part.

But even then, I would have expected Village to win the fan vote.

CabooseMSG

Jun 27, 2020
Its better than Village, and I never played It Takes Two, but it's miles behind the other three. All style, no substance

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna be funny if they have to scramble so Ratchet isn't the winner in the end.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Québec, Canada
IIRC, this is only fan votes, which won't count for that much for the actual award.

Basically, Rift Apart only won the popularity contest.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Could be wrong but I doubt all of the outlets have voted yet, nominations were just like a week ago.

Also fan voting only closes on December 8:

Winners are determined by a blended vote between the voting jury (90%) and public fan voting (10%). Fans can vote for their favorite games on TheGameAwards.com and also via social media platforms in select categories. In China fans can vote on the winners via Bilibili. Fan voting closes on Wednesday, December 8 at 6 pm PT.
thegameawards.com

FAQ | The Game Awards

Celebrate the best in video games and see what's next - Live from the Peacock Theater in Los Angeles.

BaconHat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While i loved most ratchet games ive played over the years, having it win over it takes two and psychonauts 2 would be pretty dang sad.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
Game was an absolute bore. Paled in comparison to Miles Morales, which is more worthy of a GOTY award

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I don't know how fan voting works, like if it's seperate from the normal voting? because IIRC fan votes are part of the weightage of the overall winner (4% me thinks)

Unknownlight

One Winged Slayer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm surprised it won the popular vote considering that Village just won the fan-voted Golden Joystick GotY award.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
I've played all of them and Rachet and It Takes Two were my fave. If Rift Apart wins that's cool in my book. Amazing game.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Rift Apart is another run of the mill Ratchet game since the PS3 era. All it really has going for it is that it's pretty to look at.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
The only way it wins I would think is that because there is not one strong candidate, votes are just massively split and it happened to get the most by a minor amount.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Outlets already submitted their balots, that's why we even have nominees.
Nominees and winners are picked through different processes. Per the website, nominees are picked in the following way:
Each voting outlet completes a confidential, unranked ballot based on the collective and diverse opinion of its entire editorial staff, listing out its top five choices in each category.

Ballots are tabulated, and the five games that appear on the most ballots are put forth as nominees. In the event of a tie, six (or more) nominees will be announced in a category.
Source: https://thegameawards.com/faq
You can't use the ballots used to pick the nominees to also pick the winner because they're unranked, and you also can't have outlets submit both at the same time because there's a chance teir picked winner isn't even be nominated.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's nothing even remotely close to an obvious winner this year, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.