• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TissueBox

Oct 25, 2017
Urinated States of America
"Ah, the old trio, Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft."

*laugh* "So they were STILL arguing about which was the best Zelda game!"

"These graphics look like my niece's cheap Saturday holo-set cartoons. *referring to Uncharted 4*"

"I didn't know Star Citizen has been in development for THAT long.."

What else has the tides of time revealed to you, fellow person-suddenly-bestowed-with-foreseeing-insight?

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
"VR failed twice? They actually prefered playing with their hands? That's like a childrens toy!

Last edited:

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
There will be someone or a group, somewhere who will say "God of War was not as good as everyone said it was back in the day"

Deleted member 4413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I laughed at the Star Citizen one.

It's hard to say. With the emergence of AI and cybernetics, it is almost impossible to say what the far future of entertainment could look like. Hopefully fully immersive virtual reality Matrix style is possible and people will wonder how we ever played something on a flat TV screen.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"They used to laugh at Knack? Wow, I guess this was before the game cartridge became sentient and developed an army of Knacks which she used to take over the world and forced us to send Astrobot back in time to save Crash Bandicoot, our last hope for gamers. Rise up"

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
"Who Knew Coca Cola would get in the console business" - biggest whaaaaat, people of 2043

"Oh Boy that Cola Console didn't last that long" - People of 2044

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
"Imagine having to take up space in your house with a dedicated, physical 'screen'. How inconvenient!"

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Did people seriously think VR wouldn't work out? Ya'll a bunch of idiots real talk"

clickKunst

Dec 18, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
"Ah yes, Rare's dark ages. Little did anyone know that the company would come back with a vengeance after Amazon bought out Microsoft but just before the merger with Disney-Nintendo - going on to completely revive the British economy after the nation's departure from the EU. However, it was sad when Miyamoto smuggled a gun into an Osaka Gamestop; taking the store hostage to protest his paranoid belief that gamers will accept mediocre gameplay if the graphics were good."

Oct 25, 2017
"'Fuckonami'? Why they talking about a pachinko company on a video game forum?"

"The new Zelda looks too kiddy. It doesn't have anything like the graphical charm of the Link's Awakening remake,"

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
Maybe it'll be post apocalyptic and they'll say "oh man I'd kill to have an Atari even".

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
tenor.gif

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
"What do you mean, SEGA doesn't make consoles anymore?"

I had this talk with my daughter recently. She is 12.

Something like:
You know Sonic? Yes
You know Sega? Yes
Sega used to make consoles like Nintendo and Sony! "Whaaaat???"
:|

Edit: Also, to contribute for the thread:

"What do you mean, games were not streamed but downloaded??"

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
"Death Stranding was announced as a VIDEOGAME???"

"I can't believe Halo and Gears started out as console exclusives, they're fucking everywhere! I play on my cooking robot while I wait for my soylent soup."

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they'd honestly give a crap about archived video game chat logs from a message board. Gamers, to a fault, are always about moving on to the latest and greatest new thing. It's our own hubris and desire to want to be remembered that makes us think it'll happen. How many of you go back to GAF and read threads from the good ol' days, or archived geocities websites? I think I went to the Space Jam page once for nostalgia's sake and I haven't been back since. They won't care, and if they are interested in anything it'll be heading to those sites or places where they have access to the archived media itself...at least the stuff that works without an Internet connection or are functional without servers.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
"This is what they were doing while the planet was dying?"

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
"Wow, I can't believe how negative the reception was for the first Ride to Hell: Retribution game. I guess even some of the juggernauts can start off on the wrong foot."

iag

Oct 27, 2017
"Why were they arguing in a forum when they could be playing a game?"

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Man even in games it's still the Goku show, isn't it time they just let Vegeta XIV and Gohan XV a shot for once.

Sir Hound

Oct 28, 2017
When I was a kid and I first heard about the PlayStation I thought it was doomed to fail because the console industry was Sega and Nintendo (and "PlayStation" sounded too much like a toy).

So I'm totally prepared to look back on the last fifteen or so years the same way.

Resiverence

Jan 30, 2019
"Sony? Hard to believe it was once part of the big three and even harder to believe amazon and google weren't!"

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
"You had to buy a big, physical box to play games? Wait, what? If wanted to play everything, I had to buy three, separate boxes? Man, they got ripped off."