• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Had an interesting discussion with my pals about when we last puked from drinking.

I was last sick in Jan 2016 at an epic piss up. My tolerance is pretty high so I don't puke much plus I drink less now than in my peak period.

You lot?

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is puking the only qualifier for being sick? I would say it's not. A hangover is like the definition of being sick, and that happens pretty much anytime I have more than 4-5 drinks now at 30.

Voyager

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sick? As in nauseas? Early 20's. Sick as in hangover? Anytime I drink more than a 6 pack now.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
aint never puked

been hung over several thousands of times

UraMallas

Nov 1, 2017
United States
Is puking the only qualifier for being sick? I would say it's not. A hangover is like the definition of being sick, and that happens pretty much anytime I have more than 4-5 drinks now at 30.

I'm hungover after 2 beers at 36. So, last weekend, then.

The last time I puked? Jeez... I haven't puked in my new condo and I got that in September 2016. I did puke at some point in my last apartment and that was Feb 2015 to September 2016. There's the timeframe. Can't narrow it down.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
Sick as in vomit? Probably back in college (2008)

Sick as in hungover? Maybe law school, lol (5 years ago)

I don't drink much. I only do when I go out with friends.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Can't remember really, but it's been some time. Probably even 10 years and more. I don't really drink anymore, partly because excess drinking was a problem. Though not super often to the point of vomiting, but it has happened more than once or twice. Can't even say when I last had a proper hangover, it's also years ago.

Last edited:

Samara

Oct 25, 2017
Québec
Took antidepressants alchool and Marijuana. It would've been fine but I took my pills too soon.

Was delirious and had to be restrained. 😢

Taco_Human

Jan 6, 2018
MA
Not in awhile. I've already noticed my drinking changing and I never drank that much to begin with. Almost 27.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
It's been a while. I don't drink much, and have only gotten really hungover two or three times.

Maybe several years or more.

First time - 11 double shots of tequila in an hour and a half when I was 17
Second time - Drank beer all day while fishing with friends, then they talked me into drinking a few shots of tequila which I had sworn off, and then went back to beer
Third time - Mixing beer, champagne and gin and tonic on New Year's in Niagara Falls, playing beer pong with all three. Not fun.

I blacked out once since, but that's because I took my antidepressant and then drank, and couldn't remember anything post 9pm

Fireclad

Oct 27, 2017
The Void
I think a month or so ago. I don't recall exactly when, I was pretty fucking drunk... which reminds me I still need to deep clean the tub...

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Can't even remember but I know the one my buddy never forgets . We were at summer jam and I was blitzed like some dude I never knew had a gas mask bong and drank all day and night.
The next day I was so sick I was lying under our rental truck it was so hot and I was just dying lol.
I told my brother mix me a whisky and ginger " make it a strong one " .... 3 hours later watching snoop on stage drinking 100 proof out of the bottle.
My friend said it was the manliest thing he ever saw but you could sub stupid in there.

Fright Zone

Dec 17, 2017
London
I think the OP specifically means puking, which here in the UK we call being sick.
And what you being sick we call being ill.

I was a very heavy drinker and used to have a high tolerance, no matter how I drank I wouldn't puke, unless I was mixing drink with other things like weed or ketamine.

But in the last few years my tolerance has nosedived, I had been out drinking all night a year or so ago, and was on a train home at around 10am very much worse for wear... felt the urge to vomit so had to get off at a random stop and puke on the platform in front of several people. Not my finest hour.

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
2 years ago, but I get bad motion sickness, after a certain number of drinks I either have to lay down or take some shots to get through it... And I just didn't do either in time.

Thankfully motion sickness is super easy to rally from.

Mars

Oct 25, 2017
Last night, over did it with the wine and beer mixing. My stomach feels like its at war but my head doesn't hurt anymore... so. yep.

Xavillin

Oct 25, 2017
I've never puked from drinking and the only time I ever got drunk was when I drank beer for the very first time in April last year.

When I went to Japan, I chugged like 2-3 highballs/Asahi/etc almost every other night. Surprisingly, never got drunk.

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
my tolerance is shockingly low. Almost anytime I drink multiple cans I'm sick but I don't get hangovers.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I drink way too much, but somehow I've never thrown up from alcohol.

I actually haven't thrown up in almost 15 years for any reason.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Never. I hate the idea of going so far I would either throw up or be fucked up the next day.

TickleMeElbow

Oct 31, 2017
Drinking gave me liver disease, so technically I'm sick from drinking right now even though I quit drinking in 2013 lol.

AstronaughtE

Nov 26, 2017
Probably the summer before last. I drank a couple shots too many before one of my drunken walks. Usually, I stick to a set number of drinks. But this particular evening I let the booze get the best me when I saw I was near the bottom of the bottle.

PrimeBeef

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never. Never even been hungover. I normally don't drink much and am a total lightweight. But I have consumed large amounts of alcohol in short settings in college and a few nights recently with the wife and friends. Not once got sick, hungover, nor employed tricks like loading up on starch.

Summer

Oct 27, 2017
London
Last time I threw up on a night out was August last year, I'd just lost my job and went on a mad one at a house party. Last time I was hungover (but no throwing up) was today. :)

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
Starting like 5 years ago, I haven't been able to drink too much strong alcohol too quickly without getting stomach sick before I get drunk. I don't get easily drunk off shots, I just get pain. My stomach is just too sensitive. I can't do shots and pure liquor haphazardly like others anymore. Beer and wine and cocktails need to be smooth and done at a good pace otherwise I literally get pain. I've had an endoscopy and my stomach is fine, it's just very sensitive to the alcohol other people punch down effortlessly.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
It's amazing to me how many people don't know how to avoid hangovers.

The hangover is due to dehydration caused by the alcohol. Just drink a shitload of water before you go to sleep. Like 2 liters or more. You'll wake up fairly fresh with no ill effects apart from a very full bladder.

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Christmas eve, just a hangover from drinking with fam.

Haven't been super blackout drunk in years. Just not bout that life anymore

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017

The hangover is due to dehydration caused by the alcohol. Just drink a shitload of water before you go to sleep. Like 2 liters or more. You'll wake up fairly fresh with no ill effects apart from a very full bladder.

Yeah, or even better is some Gatorade or pedialyte diluted in water. Electrolytes and water. It will severely reduce the strength of a hangover.

If you put some pedialyte in your cocktails, you can keep drinking without dehydrating at all lmao

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
I've never been sick from drinking. Even when I drink a lot. I've never blacked out either (even after doing eight jagerbombs in under a minute). My body is very efficient with alcohol I guess.

Edit: I also hydrate myself before drinking.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

How old are you? I drink insane amounts of water. Doesn't matter. Even 2 years ago I could handle a ton of booze on 6 hours of sleep. Now I just want to die.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
October 31, 2009. Halloween party; I remember the year because they had game 3 of the Phillies/Yankees World Series on the TV.

...I drank FAR too much tequila, as well as assorted other drinks.

Oct 27, 2017
I think the last time that happened I was 15. So 19-years ago. Haha 👴.

It's kind of hillarious how low my tolerance for alcohol has gotten, I can get a buzz going from five beers now.

Edit: I get hungover really easily, if I have three or four beers I'm going to feel it.

I went to the local october fest and got hammered, that was the most recent time I got really hungover.

sora87

Oct 27, 2017
New years day just gone, drank nearly a full bottle of J.D and a few beers on NYE and was ill for like 3 days

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
New Years Day.

Got so drunk NYE there's video of me singing karaoke... SINGING KARAOKE, PEOPLE!!! ... ON TAPE