• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
September 2018. I went to visit our sister school in Taiwan, and the teachers took us out to dinner one night. In Taiwan, apparently whenever someone comes up to you at your table to talk or introduce themselves, you have to down an entire small glass. We were drinking Heineken so I thought I'd be able to handle it. I was wrong. I had a bunch of people come up to me two or three or four times and pretend like it was the first time we met. There was also karaoke involved. I was puking until 5am the next morning, slept for a couple hours, then got up to get ready for the students' science presentations.

ctj

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Bay Area, California
In June 2017. Haven't had a drink since November 2017, since I can't drink anymore for medical reasons. I don't really miss it anyway, I like weed much better plus that helps my medical conditions.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
About six months ago. Company party with open bar, I had a great time and didn't realize how much I drank. Felt a little woozy on the streetcar/subway home, and then, as soon as I got home...it was hell, man. Up for a couple of hours, thought I had it all out of my system and went to sleep, then I woke up and got busy again. Fucking horrible feeling. Managed to eat a normal-ish lunch later in the day and survived the night, and I was good.

I'm over 30 and have never been sick from drinking before, so...yeah, that was unpleasant. That was the first and, I promised myself, the last time.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
2010, when I was almost 30. It was definitely the last time I'd drink that much. Just can't tolerate it anymore.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
Never thrown up before, but I've been basically dead for an entire day afterward. One of the worst feelings in the world.

Last time it happened...? Not feeling so hot right now, actually.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I've only puked twice from drinking and the second time was most likely alcohol poisoning. It was almost a decade ago at this point.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
New Years Night. I puked filling up my bathroom sink and fell asleep. Woke up the next day and i realized it was still clogged up. Cleaning up that bloody mary mess was gross. :0

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Literally in cold sweats as I type. (I'm going to rehab on Monday)

I'm a hardcore alcoholic though so I think some of you would be shocked just how much I drank and how inappropriately I drank. Trying to explain a drinking problem to a non-alcoholic doesn't work which is why AA is so popular - you get a sense of community that identifies with your story.

Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
September 2018. Had a good run of not overdoing it going but drank a bunch of rum and pbr strong then started the morning with a coffee and cigarette. One bad decision too many.

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm a hardcore alcoholic though so I think some of you would be shocked just how much I drank and how inappropriately I drank. Trying to explain a drinking problem to a non-alcoholic doesn't work which is why AA is so popular - you get a sense of community that identifies with your story.

Good on you, stick with it.

Biggersmaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Minneapolis
35. I used to puke regularly from drinking through my 20s. Now maaaaayyybe once a year. Usually because an old friend talks me into one more shot than I should have.

I just don't drink much anymore. Unless it's a special get together with old friends. Having a few kids will do that.

zoozilla

Avenger
Jun 9, 2018
Japan
Last time was last year, haha. It's weird for me - up to my limit I feel pretty much fine and not even that drunk, but one drink too many and it's a disaster.

Good luck and stay strong!

Soma

Oct 27, 2017
San Francisco
The day after my 30th birthday

Holy shit.

Didn't puke but maaaaaaaaaaaaaan I felt miserable the entire day until I finally felt ready to have food in my system.

Jakten

Oct 25, 2017
Devil World, Toronto
Think it was 2015 at E3. I can handle alcohol but I don't usually drink and my boss knew that but he tries to force people to drink because they are easier for him to manipulate. He lied to me about what alcohol he poured me and it was apparently way more than I thought because I passed out. I woke up awhile later and he was instructing people to slap and punch one of the other employees, who'd also passed out, in the face. After we got them out of there I spent the rest of the night in the hotel room barfing. Was the only time I've been sick from drinking.

Deleted member 2109

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Couple days ago. Me and a couple buddies took a train, hit the bar and then shared a bottle of jack with the dudes in the seats across from us had. The motion from the train got to me but luckily I was able to hold back the puke until we got to our destination and hotel.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
used to be a regular weekend thing but by my 30s my body was like "cut this shit out". helps that i made morning workouts part of my routine, you plan around not being incapacitated for half a day

do get some creep-up hangovers from time to time. recent christmas and thanksgiving i could feel i went a bit overboard

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
Never drank enough to either get sick or get a hangover. What gets me is the lack of sleep.

Oct 27, 2017
Never drank myself "sick" but I've been almost uncomfortably drunk... Almost. I don't think I've ever gotten a really bad hangover either, nothing a good breakfast couldn't fix. Been drinking for about 5 years now, fairly responsible I guess ... Not a big fan of drinking out at bars, I like chillin at home, safe.

Oct 30, 2017
December '18. First time throwing up from dinking. Threw up four more times after that, thrice in the train ride home.

Could barely eat anything the next day.

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Probably three or four years ago.

I just hit six months without drinking though and that is probably going to continue (I can't drink because of some unrelated meds I take), so God knows if it will ever happen again.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Summer of 2017. I forgot how much I drank but I remember wanting to die the next day. I was dry heaving all day.

Before that, probably 2016. I went out for a few drinks and I don't remember what happened but I only had like, 6 pints of cider and I got really sick and blacked out.

Only two instances of me ever being sick drinking.

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
About 25 years ago. It was terrifying and nothing I ever wanted to happen again.

Got drunk after this incident, but never crossed this line again.

Jul 20, 2018
When I was seventeen, so about eleven years ago. I've only been drunk two or three times in my life, all when I was seventeen.

Cokie Bear

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Back in June in the women's bathroom if a random pub in Prague.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Alcohol? Never. Water? October 31st, 2018. Drank way too much after surgery on an empty stomach.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
New Year's Day 2018. I made it my resolution not to drink til I puked for the rest of the year.

missionaccomplished.jpg

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
Couple of years ago. I'd been out drinking then came home and rolled a big spliff, which is what tipped me over the edge. Mixing a skinful of booze with a joint is always risky.

I've not been sick from alcohol alone for a long time. I can tell when things are about to go south and know when to call it a night.