• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
Many expected SE to cash in on FFXIII during the 2013-2015 cross gen remaster wave. But SE surprisingly held back on porting the XIII trilogy even as XIII Sequels seemed to be unending.

I think its about time XIII hits PS4 at 4K.

I've been craving a long, beautiful, story heavy RPG with focused pacing and multiple character arcs + great boss battles ,music and combat like FFXIII. Its simply nowhere to be found!

Plus the game's art will probably look amazing on the Pro.

When ,if ever, might square finally port XIII to PS4 ?

Ghos

Oct 25, 2017
YSkNTAx.gif

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
It was looking likely earlier this year when SE France was teasing it (they have a history of teasing upcoming things) but then E3 blew past and it wasn't there.

I wouldn't mind playing XIII-2 and LR on PS4. LR especially, that was the best game out of the trilogy.

Edit:

Awful google translation:
So sorry to break your hype
1f605.png
but it was mostly to emphasize that we were March 8, the International Day of Women's Rights. And illustrate it with Lightning
1f44d.png
. But the trilogy XIII on PS4 / One would be a chic idea
1f60e.png

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping they do something closer to a Zodiac Age type remaster rather than just increasing its resolution. Where they actually go in and change some flaws of the game.

darkside

Oct 26, 2017
Loved 13 and 13-2 but never played LR. Kinda bummed they did an update for 12 instead of 13 honestly. Enjoyed my time with 13 a whole lot more

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
It's on PC and ...I dunno I feel that's good enough for them now?? 10th anni is around the corner though, they might celebrate that milestone with some fancy release.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Would love to buy the trilogy in a single game

13 will look amazing in 4K

OP
OP

DmckPower

Feb 1, 2018
I'm hoping they do something closer to a Zodiac Age type remaster rather than just increasing its resolution. Where they actually go in and change some flaws of the game.

That would be amazing.

Maybe leaving the crystarium open from the beginning. Then again the game was tightly balanced around crystarium gating.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
That would be amazing.

Maybe leaving the crystarium open from the beginning. Then again the game was tightly balanced around crystarium gating.

I think the weapon upgrading could do with some changing, it basically requires a guide the way it is. You don't know how much resources they need to level up, and you don't know what they'll turn into. That's the sort of thing i'd like to see, if they were feeling bold they could even add mini games and side quests to the game to break up the battle/cutscene/battle/cutscene nature of the game.

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
The game of the generation is probably waiting for XV's backlash to cool down. Lightning will put the franchise back in its track. Queen.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No doubt it'd look amazing - it already did. But no one wants to replay that terrible ass series of games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Not that I really care about XIII, but I can't believe they didn't do more with their 30th anniversary. Some kind of complete mainline collection seemed so obvious.

Instead we got all the noodle nonsense.

Nilou

Oct 25, 2017
It's something I've been hoping for so long, FF13 is my favorite in the series and have been wanting a PS4 rerelease for sooooo long.

2cmxeyp.jpg

Need more FF13! <3

zychi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
I'd love the whole series to be ported to either ps4 or switch. Even an offline version of 11 would be dope

Status
Not open for further replies.