• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ideally I'd like to hear about experiences regarding newer games, because it must be so frustrating to still encounter this in 2019, where when you return to a game, you find it so difficult to pick up where you left off because you have no idea where to go or even how to play. Unfortunately I can only think of older examples.

The first one that comes to my mind is Ocarina of Time. It took me a long time on my first run of this game because I proceeded to complete it over the course of several months. It was difficult to remember where to go after returning to it every couple of weeks. Luckily there are some items that serve as clues for how far you've progressed, such as the temple items and weapons, but that's more useful on a second run than a first one.

Admittedly I don't remember ever utilizing Navi so I have no idea how useful it was to talk to it her. I just remember taking a long time to beat this game because I was always lost when I returned.

OP
OP

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I took a break from RDR2 and wound up just starting over because I couldn't remember shit.
Is there no objective marker or something to guide you?

Isn't this pretty much this exact thread that someone made a few minutes ago? 🤔

Lmao I definitely unconsciously scanned the page and probably saw that which inspired me to wonder what games you're more generally lost in when returning to it. Ah a redundant thread I've made.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I try not to take breaks from games, or if I do step away it's because I'm walking away from it either forever, or to restart it a later date

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
That's the reason why I never get back to Sekiro. I was maybe at 25% completion and go to vacation for 4 weeks. I can't go back and I don't want to redo everything. So I stopped.
I bought Spider Man DLC on sale at the end of last year. I redone the main game with new game plus and then done the DLC.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just get a guide and read up to where you are, it's like free real estate with the existence of faqs nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.