• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Dad: Elvis, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Rolling Stones, Beatles, Zeppelin, Earth, Wind and Thunder and much more classic rock/60s Motown
Mom: Celine Dion, Madonna, Adele, Shania Twain

some goooood shit

I can only hope the music of my youth inspires pleasant memories in MY kids:

NeverWas

Feb 28, 2019
Driving around listening to Chicago's 104.3 Oldies station, hosted by Dick Biondi. Basically Top 40s from the 50s, 60s, and 70s.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
"The Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy" is the first thing that came to mind. My mom played this song relentlessly for years. Mary Chapin Carpenter and Tracy Chapman as well.. and then later Dave Matthews Band. Historically The Beatles as she was in a Beatles fan club as a young girl and since my mom's family wasn't that wealthy and had a lot of kids, the girls would meet up an have cheap snacks so they were nicknamed The Crackers and Water Club.

I don't really associate my dad with any specific music.. he's always just kind of had general dad tastes. Bruce Springsteen and classic rock. He's listened to talk radio primarily for at least 20-25 years (104.1 for any Orlando people). Nowadays they mostly listen to terrible radio country music and it kills me.

Eros

Oct 27, 2017
Mom: Porcupine Tree. Every person close to me likes this band, but my mother and I bonded the most over them. She keeps it pretty diverse though. She'll go from singing songs from Grease, to Avril Lavgine, to Meshuggah. I credit my interest of exploring every genre I can to her.

Dad: Early 90s west coast hip hop.

JoseJX

Oct 26, 2017
Mom: Michael McDonald and all of the bands he's been in (Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan)
Dad: Frank Zappa and Bateria music

show me your skeleton

#1 Bugsnax Fan
Oct 28, 2017
skeleton land
my mum - cliff richard (she's obsessed, goes multiple times a year, waited outside a restaurant until 3am one year to see him etc.)
my dad - the beautiful south (one of the first bands i remember hearing in the house, their best of is a great album too)

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The Beatles although I fucking learned to love the Beatles when I discovered that their later stuff was actually brilliant.... But twist and shout is nightmare fuel

TheGameshark

Oct 27, 2017
Catonsville, MD
My dad always played a bunch of 70's Jazz fusion and prog. Also a lot of the classic modal jazz stuff. But if I had to narrow it down to an artist either Weather Report of King crimson. lol it was funny to have been listening to that stuff when I was like 10-11 and none of my friends knew what the hell I was listening to.

My mom has the most vanilla taste in boomer music, lol sorry Mom. So probably some Boston.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know...what music is angry and miserable at the same time?? (This describes both of them).

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
The Beatles. I've listened to them so much growing up that I still can't hear their stuff without thinking about being carsick on some roadtrip with my family.