• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 1, 2018
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

Mar 15, 2019
Brazil
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existential catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 😂

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 😎

tbh wasn't expecting this to be the first post but congrats

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a fan, but I'm so busy nowadays I rarely get hyped for shit. I'll be watching it and commenting on the OT when we get it.

Get schwifty baby

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
It reached peak saturation and now no one cares. Way to renew it for 10 seasons or whatever Adult Swim lol.

I am looking forward to it coming out there but unlike S2 into S3, there's no mystery.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Yeah, the internet needs more Rick and Morty hype. More, somehow.

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
In before the sanctimonious lectures about how this series is super overrated and really sucks, actually.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think a combination of the lackluster 3rd season and the antics of both the fandom and Justin Roiland have kinda taken the shine off this series.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
I'm excited but I found season 3 rather uneven so I'm not as hyped as I would otherwise be. Season 3 had two of the best episodes yet but the rest was rather forgettable. I am hella excited that Harmon is going to have a more major role this season, plus Rob Schrab is in the writer's room now, so I'm definitely looking forward to future eps.

And I'm also more fixated on Harmontown ending than Rick and Morty returning. As much as I enjoy Rick and Morty, I'd quickly kill it so that Harmontown could live.

I'm bummed out that Harmontown is ending soon.

It has been running for 7 years but I'm not ready to say goodbye. :(

(even if the quality of the podcast has waned since the first hundred or so episodes)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like Rick and Morty and I didn't even know it was coming back lol

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Because this place hates Ricky and Morty fanbase and therefore many people refuse to let be known they enjoy the show.

I, on the other hand, love the show and can't wait for the new season to start.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Inbetwen the crazyiness of the fanbase and the gap between season, what do you expect?

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea a new season was coming out.

Season 3 seemed to take forever to come out so I didn't keep up with anything after I finished it, i assumed it would be another year or two.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm gonna watch for sure, and it's a good show, but it's also a really depressing show so it's hard to get hyped lol

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
People are ashamed to say they like Rick and Morty because memes

I don't care, just bring it!

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The way that people use this series as something that only intellectuals could appreciate really soured me on the whole thing

That and the overkill of the pickle rick joke, I will probably still watch this series day 1, but honestly I don't looking forward to it like Bojack for example

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
All my interest in watching the show died when one of the show's creators defended jontron's racist statements.

EDIT: More info here.
EDIT2: I did not know that it was a coproduction until now. Updated post to reflect that fact.

Last edited:

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I'm looking forward to watching it but at this point I dont want to talk to people about Rick and Morty, its crossed a point where I hate Rick and morty fans haha

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
What did Roiland do?

Do you mean Harmon?

Harmon has definitely been controversial throughout the years but I think his apology in the wake of #metoo and his constant criticism of Trump has endeared him to progressives.

Probably referring to this, which is something Roiland did, not Harmon:
All my interest in watching the show died when the show's creator defended jontron's racist statements.

Quiksaver

Oct 26, 2017
I'm right here

And there is so much good shit coming out next month that I'll lower my expectations and just enjoy the winter programming

Ciao

Jun 14, 2018
Fanbase disgust me so much the show is tainted. I'll watch the new seasons in 10 years, I ain't in a hurry.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
I'm hyped, didnt like the last season that much, but its still a Dan Harmon show, so you know you'll get some amazing and creative episodes.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017

Sounds like something Jerry would say.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I watched the first series when it first came out and enjoyed it mostly but never got around to watching anything else since. The whole thing kinda passed me by.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
I love R&M the most, but R&M fans became the worst people ever, so I don't really go around talking about it much anymore. Definitely stoked for next season, tho.

Oct 27, 2017
Sure I'm excited to see the next season, just as I am excited to see other stuff like Star Wars, etc. But the internet fanbases for most of these things tend to be a little out there, so I don't get involved.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I was hyped for the first couple of seasons, but the third one was very hit-and-miss, and Justin Roiland's bullshit has killed pretty much any interest I had in the show. The more vocal parts of the fanbase don't help either.

Oct 27, 2017
There will be hype when it actually comes out. On HBO Max. As an exclusive.

The meltdowns would be pretty incredible.