• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 3815

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just because it hasn't been mentioned doesn't mean it's not canon. As far as I know nothing has been shown to refute that either. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

Alright then, I believe that Mario and Luigi were born in China by the stork corporation and sent to Italy, at a young age where they spent most of their childhood, after losing his parents in a terrible car accident he and Luigi were sent to live with their Uncle in Japan, where they were relentlessly bullied by their cousin Wario, and just as the brothers were about to enter high school Lakitu delivered them an invitation to the Royal school of Plumbing a boarding school based in the Mushroom kingdom...Wario didn't get a letter because he lacked the skill set.

The brothers learnt tons of plumbing skills even defeating the evil that must not be named in the great Mushroom kingdom war. After graduation Mario moved to New Donk city and started dating Pauline when suddenly her ex-boyfriend Donkey Kong came and kidnapped her. Mario did save her but he was a changed man and raged war against the Kongs leaving to the great ape wars where hundred of Kongs died in the hands of Mario.

Luigi had to snap Mario out of it where they duel it out in New Donk sewers, after realising what he had become Mario was stricken with remorse and begged forgiveness, so he and Luigi moved to the Mushroom Kingdom and got their first gig fixing Peach's clogged pipes when suddenly Bowser came and kidnapped her, Mario wanting to prove to himself that he is a good man set out to save her.

And you can't say it isn't cannon just because it hasn't been mention as nothing refute that. ;p

Seriously though I don't really care where Mario is from or care about the "Mario canon".

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Mario is a half Metro Kingdom Human, Half Toad. He comes from the same place as all babies, the Stork. He was raised in the mushroom kingdom by toads after Yoshi saved him and Luigi. He worked in the Metro Kingdom as a young adult where he dated future mayor Pauline and rescued her from Donkey Kong, later due to a misunderstanding was attacked by Donkey Kong Jr while trying to return DK safely to his home, and ended up moving back to the Mushroom Kingdom where he rescued Princess Peach from Bowser and ended up being essentially a royal guard on retainer.

Who are his biological parents? Toads reproduce asexually through the S.T.O.R.K. system and indeed have no gender other than their preference. So how could one produce a child with a human? This was a genetic experiment by Mario's biological father, Professor E. Gadd.

Once they became adults and became famous Gadd immediately recognized them for what they were and sought to connect with them. He invented devices for Mario and Luigi, a time machine so he could see what they were like as babies, and kept orchestrating excuses for them to come spend time with him in his haunted neighborhood.

E Gadd is the primary DNA donor, but in truth he inserted DNA from as many creatures around the world as he could to try and create the ultimate child, giving Mario and Luigi a near elastic DNA that can change on a whim, which is why they can undergo so many transformations.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Alright then, I believe that Mario and Luigi were born in China by the stork corporation and sent to Italy, at a young age where they spent most of their childhood, after losing his parents in a terrible car accident he and Luigi were sent to live with their Uncle in Japan, where they were relentlessly bullied by their cousin Wario, and just as the brothers were about to enter high school Lakitu delivered them an invitation to the Royal school of Plumbing a boarding school based in the Mushroom kingdom...Wario didn't get a letter because he lacked the skill set.

The brothers learnt tons of plumbing skills even defeating the evil that must not be named in the great Mushroom kingdom war. After graduation Mario moved to New Donk city and started dating Pauline when suddenly her ex-boyfriend Donkey Kong came and kidnapped her. Mario did save her but he was a changed man and raged war against the Kongs leaving to the great ape wars where hundred of Kongs died in the hands of Mario.

Luigi had to snap Mario out of it where they duel it out in New Donk sewers, after realising what he had become Mario was stricken with remorse and begged forgiveness, so he and Luigi moved to the Mushroom Kingdom and got their first gig fixing Peach's clogged pipes when suddenly Bowser came and kidnapped her, Mario wanting to prove to himself that he is a good man set out to save her.

And you can't say it isn't cannon just because it hasn't been mention as nothing refute that. ;p

Seriously though I don't really care where Mario is from or care about the "Mario canon".
Well I meant it was already established by Nintendo in what little lore there is that Mario is from Brooklyn. Was it not? Maybe I'm wrong. And nothing since in any Mario game I can think of has dictated otherwise. I usually take what the developers establish as lore or any extended works as developer-approved lore, as what it is. Outside of that, all I know is that all the games are "plays", at least according to Miyamoto. But if we're talking fan-created stuff, things can get interesting and even more creative.

Deleted member 13859

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Born in the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario was sent through a warp pipe to Brooklyn for his own safety. There he was adopted by a loving family who had a young son named Luigi. As Mario grew older he learned of his true heritage and returned to the Mushroom Kingdom along with Luigi.
Maybe , yeah I like that explanation

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
he was born on the mushroom kingdom, but probably picked that accent from his italian instructor when he was learning the plumbing business in brooklyn.