• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Gang gets ranked

• Seinfeld Tier (Top 10)

Votes: 669 87.9%
  • Friends Tier (Not top 10)

Votes: 92 12.1%

• Total voters

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I loved The League until I found out about Steve Rannazzisi faking being a 9/11 survivor. I just couldn't watch the show again after that.
That bummed me out, too, but the show's too good.

I slept on it for a few years thinking why would anyone watch a show about fantasy football. I commish my damn HS/college friends league and didn't get the appeal.

Fuck was I wrong.

Oct 27, 2017
That bummed me out, too, but the show's too good.

I slept on it for a few years thinking why would anyone watch a show about fantasy football. I commish my damn HS/college friends league and didn't get the appeal.

Fuck was I wrong.
Yeah no argument about the show itself, like I said, I was a huge fan. It's just...tainted for me now if that makes sense?

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
giphy.gif

Deleted member 46493

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
Highs are some of the highest but IMO has more lows or meh episodes than Seinfeld or Curb. Still top 10 though.

Syder

The Moyes are Back in Town
Oct 25, 2017
of the Americans sitcoms I've seen, Always Sunny is just behind Curb Your Enthusiasm.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Deleted member 9100

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Friends isn't even in the top 50.

Always Sunny is top 10 easy. Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Arrested Development, Always Sunny in Philadelphia and 30 Rock are probably my top 5.

Probably not going to be mentioned a lot, but Happy Endings and Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 deserve better. East Bound & Down is great also.

Don't Trust the B in Apartment 23 is such an underrated show. Deserved far more than 2 seasons.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Seinfeld>IT Crowd=Curb>Always Sunny>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lucky Louie>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fiends

RJeddy

Dec 4, 2017
Give me an episode to sell me on this show and I'll check it out!
Idk man, I feel like if you'd ask 100 people for their favorite episode you'd get 100 different answers. To me, you kinda just start the journey from the first episode. The show is full of call backs and each season builds on the characters (in some way.) We've literally seen these people go from the late-20s to their 40s now.

abellwillring

Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
Also, not mentioned here and criminally underrated: The League.
I thought The League fell off a cliff after a few seasons and it was barely watchable by the end. But the early stuff is very good. Anything with Zouks is worth watching, frankly.

Give me an episode to sell me on this show and I'll check it out!
I think you can't go wrong with The DENNIS system (Season 5x10). But a lot of Sunny's humor is just the build up of getting to know the characters and their weird quirks.

nachum00

Oct 26, 2017
In no order

Seinfeld
Its Always Sunny
Peep Show
Black Books
Spaced
Arrested Development
IT Crowd
The Simpsons
Louie

Last edited:

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
Ya makes total sense, and being from the tristate, that hit home for me too. I can still watch the show just fine but I understand why you can't.

His career has basically been dead since then if it's any consolation for anyone.

Everyone else on "The League" has been either doing okay or pretty well.