• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Gang gets ranked

• Seinfeld Tier (Top 10)

Votes: 669 87.9%
  • Friends Tier (Not top 10)

Votes: 92 12.1%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
one of the best character arcs in history:
uQzvbox.jpg

i forgot this is what cricket used to look like lol
I legit didn't even recognize him in Rob's new show.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Like, I consider The Dick Van Dyke show to be great, but that's about it.

There were plenty of sitcoms from the 60's and 70's I thought were amusing watching on Nick at Night as a child. Looking back though... Sitcoms from that era were all like a loaf of white bread. Some with lots of potential, but still just a loaf of white bread.

Cheers was the first to really make me notice and then Seinfeld happened.

HomokHarcos

Jul 11, 2018
Canada
Television existed back then?
giphy.gif

top 5 easily. possibly 2 or 3.
Not enough Life alert commercials?
Like, I consider The Dick Van Dyke show to be great, but that's about it.

Has to be up there for best intro

Bewitched or I Dream of Jeanie?

I Love Lucy, The Honeymooners, The Dick van Dyke Show and Our Miss Brooks are my favorites. I'm not much of a TV person, so there are only around 10 shows I'm really into.
Bewitched does sound kind of interesting, though.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
admittedly i haven't watched a huge amount of sitcoms, but Always Sunny is one of my favourite comedy shows of all time. so many incredible episodes.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's certainly better than Friends. But it doesn't touch Frasier or Arrested Development and things like that.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
It's probably my favourite? Unfortnately it's not on German Netflix though so haven'd had the chance to watch more of it in a while.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
It's always sunny and Curb are the two greatest sitcoms ever.

I don't get the appeal of Jerry Seinfeld at all, Seinfeld is nowhere near a top 10 sitcom for me.

1000 Needles

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah this, Hero or Hate Crime, Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs, or just start from the beginning of season 2 and watch the first few. They're all amazing.

I don't think I'd recommend Hero or Hate Crime for a first time viewer. It's a fantastic episode, but the payoff of
Mac coming out
wouldn't be earned for them

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I'd recommend Hero or Hate Crime for a first time viewer. It's a fantastic episode, but the payoff of
Mac coming out
wouldn't be earned for them
You know what? Fair point. You're absolutely right. I was just mostly using Hero or Hate Crime and Mac & Dennis Move to the Suburbs as some of the best two ends of dialogue-driven comedy and situation-driven comedy that the series can do.

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Pre Netflix Arrested Development is unfuckwithable for me, but Sunny is right after. Then there is probably a pretty big gap before anything else.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
Just a raw on the spot top 10:

1. Scrubs
  2. The Office
  3. Parks and Recreation
  4. Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
  5. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
  6. Seinfeld
  7. Everybody Hates Chris
  8. The Wayans Brothers
  9. Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  10. Arrested Development

Last edited:

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
fair enough, jerry is probably the weakest character in the show.
No disagreements, I just find Seinfeld ok as a sitcom. I can't stand Seinfeld, Jason Alexander and Michael Richards were amusing but I found it to be a middling sitcom. Curb takes everything that was funny about Seinfeld and delivers it in a way more consistent fashion.

It was good for the time compared to the other crap that was on television like Friends but it's never a show that I go back to rewatch. I could watch Curb or IASIP on repeat.

Baneros

Aug 22, 2018

And yes, the ending to The Gang Gets Trapped it the GOAT.
-The vaas!
*whips*
-Shit!"
Followed by Dee bowing and saying "thank you" on her way out.

SasaBassa

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it is very much top ten and hosts the five star man.

SSS Tier

Simpsons (Classic)

S Tier

Parks and Recreation
30 Rock
Sunny
Curb

A Tier

VEEP
Seinfeld
Arrested
Fresh Prince of Bel-Air
Community
Happy Endings
Extras (as number 11)

Hon Mention: New Girl, Scrubs, Futurama, Peep Show

Left B99 and Good Place off because they're still running. Not including classics like Sanders.

Last edited:

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Easy top 5 for me. What's most impressive to me is that while it's not as consistent as it used to be it's still able to put out some all time classic episodes here and there.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Is Community a sitcom? I put IASIP, Community, 30 Rock, Parks and Rec and Arrested Development as my favourites at the moment and Psych if it counts fucking love Psych.