• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Batman Beyond with that city in a new futuristic look. Better boss battles/designs. No Riddler stuff. No tank stuff. Pro and X enhanced Batman game which would look crazy.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Games take a while to make and tlafter 4 in a row it may not even be a batman game they're making.

Oct 25, 2017
Games take a while to make and tlafter 4 in a row it may not even be a batman game they're making.
Not only do games take a long time to make, but also if I remember right, Schreier said they've had to cancel like two projects already. Whatever they're doing now hasn't been being worked on the entire time since Origins released.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
After the disastrous fuck up of AK, I'd be surprised if we see one in a while. It's still a janky mess on PC.

Oct 25, 2017
Upstate NY
Who knows at this point. I had a journo friend break the story to me a few years back (which I reported on months before Schreier did) when the game was going to be about Damian Wayne. The stuff I had been shown was super promising... which made the project's eventual cancelation all the more disappointing. I hope whatever is being worked on with the Batman name can be just as cool as the game that was being developed.

OP
OP
TheKeyPit

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Who knows at this point. I had a journo friend break the story to me a few years back (which I reported on months before Schreier did) when the game was going to be about Damian Wayne. The stuff I had been shown was super promising... which made the project's eventual cancelation all the more disappointing. I hope whatever is being worked on with the Batman name can be just as cool as the game that was being developed.
Basically nobody knows what Rocksteady or WB Montreal are working on?

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there a rumour it was going to me announced in March?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ru...y-to-be-released-in-2019-aims-for-goty.96409/

Probably fake.
Yeah, there are rumors about this game every few months it seems. I've basically given up on it coming any time soon.

I figure it has a chance every fall, but this series seems to have come into a lot of trouble. Still excited for whenever it gets announced. Along with Rocksteady's next title too.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
I want Court of Owls, but 4 Batman games are enough. If they're into DC, there's so much out there for them to tackle. I'm not talking about obligatory Superman, Flash and Wonder Woman game either.

There's so much possibilities outside of just Batman...

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It's my most anticipated unannounced title, definitely. Will they go for something bigger than Arkham Knight? Will they reign in the scale to bring the series back to its Metroidvania roots? The Damian Wayne Batman game that got cancelled was rumoured to use Shadow of Mordor's Nemesis system - could that be a feature? Will they be trying to top the performance capture bar set by Netherrealm Studios?

They've had two (or three?) cancelled projects after Arkham Origins, so there has got to be a lot to prove with this title.

overcast

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why you'd waste that large DC catalog on another Batman game.
Because it's a guaranteed seller. So far the Arkham games have been critical/commercial smashes for WB.

Question is why would they get rid of that? I would be pretty interested in a different take but these companies aren't as interested.

TitanicFall

Nov 12, 2017
Because it's a guaranteed seller. So far the Arkham games have been critical/commercial smashes for WB.

Question is why would they get rid of that? I would be pretty interested in a different take but these companies aren't as interested.

Franchise fatigue can happen. If they really want to do another Batman game, it can't just be Arkham Knight 2.5. That would be very disappointing if they spent 3+ years just doing a basic sequel. They need to really change it up. Something like what RE4 was to the Resident Evil series or God of War PS4 was to the God of War series.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The series feels as if its been quiet for a really long time. Im pretty surprised. Were probably only going to get the one batman game this gen

Drayco21

Oct 25, 2017
I'm disappointed that they haven't used the Arkham games as the launching point for a DC games universe. Suicide Squad had a great sounding pitch, and plenty of characters could make great games. Shame Montreal and Rocksteady have been so silent

gitrektali

Feb 22, 2018
I'm just quietly waiting for the day this studio's shuttered at this point by WB. It's been what, six years now and zero output? There's word of a number of cancelled projects too. Wouldn't surprised me if WB axes the place.

Nakadai

Jan 10, 2018
I'd love a new batman game, but it needs to take the Arkham base and evolve it further, and totally tell a new disconnected story from the other Arkham games, with a new style. I'd love something with more of a noir look, less tech-heavy than AK.

Nov 8, 2017
That's the PS4. It was a disaster on PC so bad they had to stop selling it for a while.

Yeah, but I'm not sure why that would have any connection with them not bringing out a sequel.

Rocksteady does have some kind of big game in the work, whether that's revealed this year or next, and WB Montreal has had very bad production setbacks and has cancelled or restarted projects twice since 2013 when they released AO.

What we're reasonably confident of is that WB Montreal is working on something directly Batman or Batfamily related (not sure exactly what) and that both Rocksteady and WB Montreal's next projects will have service elements (based on job postings).

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's the PS4. It was a disaster on PC so bad they had to stop selling it for a while.
Even back when the game released not every setting would result in "disaster". I myself played through the game on PC and quite frankly never had much issue with it, even before the extensive patching the PC version endured (which only made things even better).

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Even back when the game released not every setting would result in "disaster". I myself played through the game on PC and quite frankly never had much issue with it, even before the extensive patching the PC version endured (which only made things even better).

Glad it worked properly for you. It didn't for a vast amount of people, as noted by its steam reviews and the large amounts of YouTube videos showing the issue, and the reason why they stopped selling it.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Put Batman to sleep. Give me a good Wonder Woman and/or Flash game right now.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Glad it worked properly for you. It didn't for a vast amount of people, as noted by its steam reviews and the large amounts of YouTube videos showing the issue, and the reason why they stopped selling it.
I guess you didn't read my post, they did extensive patching to the PC version and it's been back on sale for a long time.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
No it's not, I run it 4k 60 fps np. Game still looks amazing tbh.

I guess you didn't read my post, they did extensive patching to the PC version and it's been back on sale for a long time.

I mean, you guys can keep posting your own experiences as gospel if you want, but it doesn't change the facts. Even when a 1080ti can still cause stuttering or torn frames, it's an issue, especially on a now almost 4 year old game hence my "janky mess".

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2018-return-to-arkham-knight-pc-at-4k60

Nov 8, 2017

The game still experiences frametime spikes particularly during open world traversal at high speed (gliding or driving). Even at launch I had an "ok" experience - locking the game at 30fps on a 980ti and using mostly maxed out settings @ 1080p. But it's still an imperfect experience even today.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like a ton of franchises/IPs have been somewhat mismanaged/ignored/something this generation because there are a ton of games that you think would've gotten sequels that haven't yet. The Arkham games were critical and commercial successes that are considered some of the best games of the previous generation. Yet we still don't have a follow up to Knight. Idk why they'd let the franchise stagnate for so long without a new game or announcement.

The same goes for other franchises like Bioshock, Borderlands(yes I know 3 is coming), etc.. Even stuff like mainline Fable from Microsoft. I guess game development just takes a ton of time now.

J-Tier

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Southern California
I want another DC property.

But Court of Owls would be so cool, so I'd be open to more Batman if they're the antagonists. But then it needs to have more detective work, trying to root out the corrupt amongst the Gotham Elite as you mingle with them at fancy parties as Bruce.

Oct 25, 2017
Upstate NY
But a lot of the rumors flying about right now are mostly unsubstantiated stuff that superhero loving Youtubers are bringing to the mix. They're the ones resonsible for a new 'it's finally coming' rumor most of the time. Ever since they learned a new game was in development and canceled (the Damian Wayne one), they've been looking under every rug for clues ever since... this, despite the fact video games take time to develop.

There will be another Batman game, Im sure, but it'll come when it comes.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game still experiences frametime spikes particularly during open world traversal at high speed (gliding or driving). Even at launch I had an "ok" experience - locking the game at 30fps on a 980ti and using mostly maxed out settings @ 1080p. But it's still an imperfect experience even today.
I think you need to tweak something, I have a 970 paired with an i5 2500K and I can play the game at 1080p/60FPS even on the open world, and not any noticeable or problematic hitches. I do know it's not a perfect experience, maybe it could be the SSD ironing out the data streaming issues in my case.