• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
This is simply unacceptable no port or word of anything.

The only reason I dont own a switch is because Smash isnt out yet saddens me

Dom6

Oct 26, 2017
Unacceptable? It's their console and IP. It hasn't even been a full year yet either.

LightEntite

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
don't worry

they'll be announcing Smash For WiiU : Deluxe Switch Remastered Edition sometime later this year

probably December

Casual

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being worked on, presumably. As long as they don't hit us with a remaster, that's fine.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
E3 my guess is they are straight skipping the port at this point

Deleted member 9971

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe this year otherwise 2019 for sure i doubt they would wait longer.

If 2019 i could see it being Smash V, if this year enhanced IV deluxe probs.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I assume they wanted to give last year's multiplayer games room to breath.

They want to give these early 2018 single player games some room too.

NinjaCoachZ

Oct 26, 2017
Best-case scenario: April Direct

More likely: E3 for September/October release alongside paid online

Buffum

Nov 17, 2017
Why do so many people expect Smash Bros to be a year one title for the Switch?
iirc only Melee came out the first year in its console's life.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Patience my good friend. Patience. Let them brew a fresh new orange soda and pick out the weeds, and a daisy will bloom and you will get a fully featured Smash game.

PshycoNinja

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles
Every game, except VOEZ, I've played on the Switch has disappointed me.

So yeah. I regret buying my Switch at launch. I regret buying into the Zelda hype. My Switch hasn't been touched in over a month.Smash would go a long way to make me a happier purchaser of the Switch.

Though, I will probably never buy another Nintendo console at launch ever again.

And it's disappointing that Nintendo is dragging its feet on this.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We're probably not even gonna see anything until 2019 imo. They're skipping the port at this point but development of a brand new game isn't too far in because they've been waiting for Sakurai to recover. That's what I'm guessing at least.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
Dude, the console has been out for like 10 months. Give it a time, my dude. Smash didn't come out until the 2nd year of Wii U / 3rd year of 3DS / 2nd year of Wii. It's pretty absurd to think it had to be released already.

its_Ditz

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do so many people expect Smash Bros to be a year one title for the Switch?
iirc only Melee came out the first year in its console's life.

Because all people actually want is "just" Smash 4 on Switch which shouldn´t take as long as it does. Probably that.

It´s the never ending debate whether or not it´s a port. If it is, then it´s most likely already finished and Nintendo are sitting on it. And if that´s the case I´d rather get the game sooner then later too.

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
This thread OP is what happens when people convince themselves games have to release or be announced by a certain date to fill their headcanon lineup despite there being no evidence for it and people like me repeatedly pleading to manage expectations.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not every question needs a thread. There's a Switch hangout that could better answer this.

Status
Not open for further replies.