• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
A new AAA RPG from Bethseda set in SPACE! I actually only found out about this game like a month ago. Apparently its been described as elder scrolls in space. Which I can totally get hype for.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I've heard so many damn rumors about the game that outside of it being a space game, I have no idea what it is.

Until I know something concrete, I have no emotions toward this game.

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
It's not anywhere near confirmed as a real thing. Besides, people wants the new Elder Scrolls entry.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
This thread is literally the first time hearing this game exists, that's why. Never heard of it before.

npclivesmatter

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Apr 18, 2018
no need to hype stuff for no reason. hype is cancer to the industry.

developer is supposed to create hype by showing us promising things from it. I don't remember people doing this hype crap a decade ago.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
It's a new ip meaning there is no existing fanbase that is eagerly waiting for a sequel, so we need to see the game first before getting excited. Fallout 4 was a little disappointing and felt outdated which is tampering the excitement as well.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about it.

If it's Fallout/Elder Scrolls in just a different location i'm sure it'll be huge, but right now I feel no hype.

OP
OP
Wololo

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
I figured a month before E3 there would be a 80-90 page thread on it. seems like its flying under the radar.

Parfait

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Eh

If it's another FPS RPG with mostly awful combat I'll be uninterested. Still, I'll wait and see though.

Urthor

Oct 28, 2017
Because 4chan has had fake leaks before, and will have fake leaks again. Bethesda are definitely debuting "something" because of the legitimate reports they are actually premiering something, whether that is the "leaked" rumors of procedural generation etc etc nobody knows.

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
Hard to get hyped about something that is pure speculation. No announcement, no screenshots, no footage, nothing.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
I am a believer of "where there's smoke there's fire". And last year I was certain it existed. But after E3, all rumours of it died.
So now I am not sure if it actually exists

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I mean I'm hyped but since we really don't know anything about it I don't know what I'm hyped about. Mass Effect and Fallout are my two favorite IPs of all time so anything that can merge those two things make me excited as all heck.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
I figured a month before E3 there would be a 80-90 page thread on it. seems like its flying under the radar.

It's not even flying because no one even knows if it exists. There'll be hype after they announce it and show some trailers. If they try to pull off Fallout 4 marketing tactic (first trailer just 3 months before release), they need 10/10 title to get people really hyped. It's a new franchise and it'll be lot harder to pull it off with than with Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
Where's the hype? Where's Starfield?

j51uHm1.gif

Conflict

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
It's not even flying because no one even knows if it exists. There'll be hype after they announce it and show some trailers. If they try to pull off Fallout 4 marketing tactic (first trailer just 3 months before release), they need 10/10 title to get people really hyped. It's a new franchise and it'll be lot harder to pull it off with than with Elder Scrolls or Fallout.

Fallout was a dead title before Bethesda picked it up, most of the hype comes from the fact that Bethesda is making it.

Urthor

Oct 28, 2017
Are we even 100% for sure this thing even exists?

Yeah there was a Reset era confirmed leak that 1 game named Starfield is getting 1 announce at E3 by Bethesda that's it. We also have a trademark for Starfield that applies to gaming consoles and mobile devices.

Other than that, it might be a dating sim...

silva1991

Oct 26, 2017
Eh, the gameplay trailer didn't do it for me.. oh wait it isn't even announced yet -__-

BigDes

Knows Too Much
Oct 25, 2017
Being hyped for a game we know literally nothing about seems like a poor choice of time

Rumor is that it is a space rpg but it could be another card game or an rts or anything

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
I won't be hyped for a Bethesda RPG until i see they are making an actual effort to move from their prehistoric engines and design formulas.

RZetko

Oct 27, 2017
Fallout was a dead title before Bethesda picked it up, most of the hype comes from the fact that Bethesda is making it.

That's mostly true (It was in no way mainstream success like nowadays) but Fallout 4 already had following from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Fairer comparison would be Fallout 3 and Starlight but I don't remember what the pre-release hype/situation was. We can be sure though that Bethesda will market shit out of it if it's their next big title.

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
Didn't we have a thread recently saying its probably a mobile game?

I don't see any reason for hype yet.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
It's hard to be hyped about something when you have literally zero clue what it even is or might be.

okayfrog

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll wait until the game is three days away from release and I've sworn I will not buy it but it's 20% off on GMG so I do buy it and then I'm hyped for a game I know will be a 6/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.