• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Araujo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
So, after playing 5 certain things are made clear... the world is still going, Nero has a fucked family full of Goobers and Dorks... Lady and Trish are both in their 40's looking badass and still taking Jobs with morrison and Nero acquired a Devil Trigger that essentialy turns him into Samanosuke Akechi from the ending of Onimusha Warlords.

So... DMC 6 comes along next gen in a few years.

What do you want? What do you expect to see?

Where the series should go now?

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
FluidDelayedLangur-size_restricted.gif

Azoor

Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
Soft reboot, the previous games still happened, but we would focus on new characters. If not, then maybe even have us focus on Nero and Virgil's relationship because oh boy I'm we have some gold here.

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Dante's daughter and Nero
level based with more open levels and more varied locations
Old ass Dante and Vergil should be dead
Mundus son is the main villain.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed a lot of DMCV but the series is really showing its age. Just the level design but visually and mechanically was really lacking through out large parts of the game. Branching off of that the platforming that was present often felt rather lackluster and more than a little undercooked compared to the combat. I feel like traversing through the levels in a game like this should feel as fun and nuanced as the combat and the fact its nowhere close is kind of glaring in DMCV considering the quality of so many other aspects.

Team_Feisar

Jan 16, 2018
Gothic horror-styled Metroidvania with more actual level design and less combat arenas. I miss the atmosphere and pacing of the first game, even though 5 is probably my GotY.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
I'd say Dante's story is pretty much done at this point. In 5 he already doesn't have much to add apart from getting more powerful, so I think it would be well enough for future games to focus more on Nero and potentially new characters. Hell, having a game that's about both Nero and Vergil (as Vergil still obviously has issues) going on some sort of road trip adventure would be really really cool in my book, as both have a lot in common. And could be fun to bring back a bit more gothic-style environments Ă  la Mallet island to balance out 5

And heck yeah bring back Lucia, she cool

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Spin-off or spiritual successor.

They've done all they can with Dante already so future games should move away from him. But people are not going to accept a mainline DMC game without Dante so the best thing for everyone is a Spin-off or Spiritual Successor.

Set in the same world but a completely different cast of characters, preferably as far away from Sparda as possible.

Old characters making cameos are fine, but let the new blood stand on their own.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Gothic horror-styled Metroidvania with more actual level design and less combat arenas. I miss the atmosphere and pacing of the first game, even though 5 is probably my GotY.
Overall more metroid-like level design: sure
Less combat arenas in a series entirely focused on said combat though?: nah

If you mean "as much combat, but that can occur outside of cordoned off areas, then I'd be more inclined to agree. More possible interaction with the environment during combat, and world design that serves that combat would be congruous with the series, but just straight up moving away from that seems like a mistake.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
- Dante & Vergil as playable characters and cut down on the side-characters. Most of them felt totally pointless in DMCV (Trish, Lady and that Cop(?) dude)
- (Way) better level-design with more variation in both playstyle and visuals
- Better story and villain.
- More boss fights

Basically take DMC3 Special Edition and make a sequel to that one.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
A wiser and less angsty Nero as the main character. Don't take that as an insult against the character -- I think he had good demonstrable growth in 5 compared to 4 (and generally I liked him character-wise compared to 4, where I kinda loathed his personality), but I want him back in 6 as the central character again, but feeling older and a bit more mellow, bit more of a leader rather than cocky young'n living in Dante's shadow.

Trish and Lady as playable characters in the main narrative.

Playable Dante and Vergil... But probably not in the main narrative. I wouldn't mind them making an appearance in the narrative, but the Sons of Sparda don't need spotlighting anymore, IMO. Reserve their appearance mostly as honor to the series legacy, but not really as the focal point any longer.

V's playstyle as a Style Switch for Vergil.

A series of events spanning multiple locales that are feeding into a larger plot. There's been a good amount of variety in DMC's environments but they tend to exist within one cohesive region -- I kinda want the characters to sort of globetrot around the fictional world of DMC to completely distinct locales as the story progresses, with the events of each locale feeding into a larger premise. If there is one thing that kinda felt weak in DMC5, it was that everything with the Qliphoth felt a bit samesy, and a lot of the game took place there. To Capcom's credit, it was NOT as egregious as DMC4 where the game kinda folds back onto itself -- the levels were indeed all distinctive with their own pathing and secrets and whatnot, but the visual aesthetic was a bit too samesy. Very minor complaint, but one that I think could be addressed just by a change of the scope of the premise. That's one last thing I want borrowed from DmC -- come up with any excuse to vary up the visuals of the environments vastly. I think a globetrotting adventure could keep the aesthetics feeling a bit more gothic and grounded while having the variety on display from DmC's sort of abstract, otherworldly setup. I wouldn't even mind if some of those locales were revisits to older environments from previous games.

Oct 27, 2017
tbh I have been expecting them to do something with angels given how much time the series has spent with demons. For them it would be an easy way to do a soft reboot, introduce new characters and enemy types and new story stuff.

Maybe they have decided to step in after seeing how strong Dante / Vergil have become etc etc as a preventative thing.
Maybe they link it into why Sparda disappeared etc, maybe they have come kind of angel/demon war idk - there are a lot of paths they can take if they want to use it.

They could re-use some of DmC's premise and have new characters who are part angel / part demon and so narratively are trapped in the middle and don't really want to pick a side (or maybe one picks a side and other is neutral or they pick opposing sides etc etc) - like I said, lots of pats they could take.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I want to see everyday life Dante taking missions. Perhaps using the Devil May Cry office as some kind of hub. Give us more level variety and environmental destruction. I also wouldn't be opposed to DMC x DmC crossover.

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
I know so many people will hate it but a Devil May Cry without a playable Dante would be real interesting.
They could prob just add him for like a non story thing like a bloody palace or potential DLC, i think people would be fine with that. Usually people would care more about his moveset if anything, instead of his story involvement so I think it would be a good concession

Malek

Feb 15, 2018
reboot it, the game mechanics and old game design just does not work anymore in this day and age

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
They could prob just add him for like a non story thing like a bloody palace or potential DLC, i think people would be fine with that. Usually people would care more about his moveset if anything, instead of his story involvement so I think it would be a good concession.
That's a good idea. In that case I don't think people would mind if he is literally just DMC5 Dante with all the same weapons and skills. It would allow the devs to focus their attention on Nero and whoever else is playable alongside him. DMC5 Dante is pretty much perfect anyway.

FiXalaS

Oct 27, 2017
Kuwait.
You can't do more with Dante anymore as a major character honestly. Have him available maybe for some side modes.

DMC5 did some fantastic development for our boy Nero, I don't mind if the next game is about Nero and Vergil, but Vergil's in hell. Maybe also have Mundus come back because no villain is good enough to fight Dante.

Trish and Lady are beloved but really.. they are as done as Dante right now.

So my take is for playable characters, Nero and an entirely new character Vs Mundus the villain coming back. They also have to save Dante and Vergil. That's a game.

Also please evolve Nero in that he can finally equip different weapons.

Rest is up to Itsuno <3

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like to see a prequel starring Sparda and it chronicles his war against demon-kind. He journeys through the circles of hell to recover Eva, who has been abducted to lure Sparda back to hell to face Mundus and his legions. The style switching system and devil bringer are removed and instead, Sparda has weapons and skills that largely share those abilities. Levels and demons are designed to reflect the layer of Hell Sparda is journeying through. Levels are also interconnected and have forgone the mission system.

Enemies are Bloodborne, Ninja Gaiden aggressive and won't simply allow you to kill them or display your combat skills. Weapons are highly variable compared to prior DMC games. Green stars return along with items like holy water.

Mar 29, 2018
Was thinking about this earlier.

The only dead cert is it should take place in one holistic, nicely designed location like the first game or a Resident Evil game.

Model it on God of War in terms of level design - holistic world with traversing around/back and forth on it with mixed up encounters

Heck, go full Resident Evil 1/2 with choosable character at the start and you do full "playthroughs" as each character

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see a prequel starring Sparda and it chronicles his war against demon-kind. He journeys through the circles of hell to recover Eva, who has been abducted to lure Sparda back to hell to face Mundus and his legions. The style switching system and devil bringer are removed and instead, Sparda has weapons and skills that largely share those abilities. Levels and demons are designed to reflect the layer of Hell Sparda is journeying through. Levels are also interconnected and have forgone the mission system.

Enemies are Bloodborne, Ninja Gaiden aggressive and won't simply allow you to kill them or display your combat skills. Weapons are highly variable compared to prior DMC games. Green stars return along with items like holy water.
Thats not character action, youre asking to switch genre

DMC is a combo system first and foremost

Hoot

Nov 12, 2017
Honestly, Nero & Vergil (And a potential third char like one of the ladies) Vs Mundus writes itself. It gives a great opportunity for Nero and Vergil to come to terms with their own remaining faults and their respective struggle with power and loss, it gives Vergil a great revenge plot against Mundus for his time as Nelo Angelo and gives Nero a grand story to truely step into Dante's shoes by beating the first big bad of the series and cementing his place as the new leader of Devil May Cry (both the series and the establishment). And it also gives potential for Mundus to be the big villain he deserves to be. The third character could easily be the representation of humans and be the foil or moderator for both Nero and Vergil and their respective obsessions too (and you could also have like Nico still being there as she's a great support character).

Make this as like a road trip through various locales for some great story potential and beating the kind of "sameyness" of 5's environment

Jul 5, 2018
With how 5 ended, I'd say 6 should be two separate parallel stories: Nero, Lady, Trish, and Nico in the human world continuing the DMC business while Dante and Vergil are in the demon world trying to get out. I haven't thought much on the details but maybe Dante and Vergil come across Mundus and have to defeat him to escape, and in the human world they come across a new villain.

Even though Nero's my favorite DMC character, I strongly disagree that Dante should be absent from the game. He should always have a part in every DMC game.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats not character action, youre asking to switch genre

DMC is a combo system first and foremost
Why can't it still be about combo's? The enemies in DMC1 were much more aggressive than any other DMC game but that was still character action, I want DMC6 to be more akin that one. Even if I was advocating for DMC to change genres, there's nothing inherently wrong with changing the formula and evolving the series. The gameplay will largely remain the same with some alterations.

Natels

Oct 26, 2017
Into my veins.

Would be cool Nero and Kyrie fighting together. And no more Dante.

Or a Nero and Virgil father son thing

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
into space!
- Dante & Vergil as playable characters and cut down on the side-characters. Most of them felt totally pointless in DMCV (Trish, Lady and that Cop(?) dude)
- (Way) better level-design with more variation in both playstyle and visuals
- Better story and villain.
- More boss fights

Basically take DMC3 Special Edition and make a sequel to that one.
But the villain DMC III and V is the same o.O

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
  • Better level design
  • Salvage one of the female V designs as a means of keeping V's fighting style around
  • Focus more on Nero & Co. holding down the DMC fort in the human world, with Dante & Vergil trying to get out of Hell while they bond more as brothers
  • Playable Trish & Lady (plus maybe Lucia)
reboot it, the game mechanics and old game design just does not work anymore in this day and age
They rebooted DMC once before, it didn't end so well. I understand improving the level design, but the combat system is timeless.

Last edited: