• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
No, I am quite miffed you have your head up your ass lol. You not liking thing doesn't make it bad. I agree there are sexist elements to this character and Takahashi games but that doesn't mean people don't like the character (do you post this in 2B and nier threads?)

Calling something weeb anime garbage is so low effort and unoriginal, mean, and overtly condescending. considering this is a thread about jrpg characters.
Head up my ass huh? And yet you just admitted the character is a sexist design? OK then, speaking with you further serves no purpose. Buh bye now.

Nov 23, 2017
Head up my ass huh? And yet you just admitted the character is a sexist design? OK then, speaking with you further serves no purpose. Buh bye now.
Ok, so no retort at all besides more substanceless snark.

It's almost as if a lot of people like anime, Takahashi games and the xeno franchise, BUT can also call out and criticize those things and sexist stuff in them without needing to be extremely dismissive of an entire cultures art form. I am one of those people. Btw her outfit is really toned down in xb2.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
She's Mary Magdalene's soul reincarnated into a lingerie-clad robot girl. Meanwhile, Mary Magdalene's actual body was exhumed and revived as an evil lingerie-clad robot girl, who shoots plasma balls from her tits.

I'm not making this up.
Sweet Jesus lol. I feel like I either need a beer or a cup of coffee to understand what I just read :P.

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Blank+_2073e92e0399e709e09952f928b5a00a.jpg

The industry need more characters that don't sound and look like they came straight out of a generic anime.

Lmao "kos-mos"

Xenosaga isn't generic

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
That is a generic, awful, throw away, typical anime trash weeb waifu designed explicitly for the male gaze right there OP. Here's hoping she's in a junkyard where she belongs, along with all other outdated character designs that present men as people first and women as things first, people second.

I'm a gay man so

And I think she's beautiful and badass and I definitely think you're overthinking it. And she's a fucking android of course she isn't treated as a human lol

OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
OP, I love Xenosaga as much as anyone, but even I can see it's time to move on.

The Xenosaga games have some significant flaws so it's hard to recommend people play the trilogy, even if it was rereleased; especially #2. There's no easy way to save the flaws in that game.

I recently re-played all 3 games and IMO Episode I is easily the worst one (though I still like it). The only time battles were lengthy in Ep II was in the final dungeon, I had a blast with the combat otherwise. Loved the character designs, soundtrack, etc. I just wish it was longer

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Xenosaga Episode 1 is still my favourite JRPG ever. The space opera, the story and characters, a bad ass robot, London Symphony orchestra soundtrack, and most importantly, my favourite turn based combat.

I wish this series would be revived.

It really sucks what they did after Episode 1 though.

Gotta pretend the rest of it never happened and yet then it's all so incomplete.

Mesoian

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
She's Mary Magdalene's soul reincarnated into a lingerie-clad robot girl. Meanwhile, Mary Magdalene's actual body was exhumed and revived as an evil lingerie-clad robot girl, who shoots plasma balls from her tits.

I'm not making this up.

Man, Xenosaga got dumb.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Namco not doing anything with the series in all these years is just sorta weird in an age where publishers love to rehash stuff

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
It's OK, Xenosaga Ep. IV is coming out at one point and she will appear in it for sure.

Eeeeeeh she isnt even that good

I'd like a character much more similar to Shion's Xenosaga one appearance

Like before they completely butchered her character
If anything they made her interesting and unique.

Oct 26, 2017
She needs the Revengeance treatment.

Character action game developed by Platinum Games starring her with other characters as supporting cast featuring amazing gameplay and soundtrack complete with an infamous final boss.

jdstorm

Jan 6, 2018
Ugh. Xenosaga IV has the potential to be one of the greatest stories ever. My version, stolen from another post I wrote a while back.

A damaged, hibernating KOS-MOS gets discovered by another civilization and becomes their robotic savior in war times.

That's literally the plot of Xenoblade 2 it's just the damaged hibernating robot saviour is called Pyra
actually it's Pneuma
Now.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Namco not doing anything with the series in all these years is just sorta weird in an age where publishers love to rehash stuff

I imagine the reason it hasn't happened is that they have the conflicting desires to release it on PS4 and have Monolithsoft work on it.

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine the reason it hasn't happened is that they have the conflicting desires to release it on PS4 and have Monolithsoft work on it.
Thats one thing I figured yea, but I'm guessing its also wondering if they want to capatalize on it since the people who madd it arent even there anymore

ubercheez

Oct 27, 2017
The world definitely needs more KOS-MOS. But I think the most we can expect is a random cameo here and there.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Thanks for reminding me how bad Xenosaga dub was. And the games too. And Xenosaga is dead, it was just Xenogears remaining ideas from Takahashi, she's basically Morrigan level now, making appearances in other people games.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Best character in the universe? Needs a new game? Cameo appearances elsewhere? I didn't know KOS-MOS was what the "K." in "King K. Rool" stood for.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Xenosaga and Xenoblade are nothing alike beyond Takahashi reusing some themes.

Takahashi himself said all Xeno games are like part of the same franchise, even though they all have differences with the style and the gameplay (but that is also true for Xenoblade games for instance)

It makes me a bit annoyed sometimes cause i've read people loving Xenogears-Xenosaga but not bothering the Xenoblade games, unaware of the fact that especially the latest one carries those vibes from gears. So the easiest answer for those who want a new game from those series is to play Xenoblade.

The problem with Xenosaga is that development was a bit messy, commercially was a flop, the trilogy released is half-baked, and unfortunately there was no happy ending as Monolith got some backlash for Episode II and especially for Episode III. It would be very hard to remake including all those unused ideas, and it would also be hard to remaster if you plan to fix the voice acting.

Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I agree, OP. You can never have enough KOS-MOS. I will always hold out hope for a Xenosaga HD collection and her in Super Smash Bros.

I swear this isn't a bragging post, just a cool shot.

t5hEcMn.jpg

zT4Hqxv.gif

That is a generic, awful, throw away, typical anime trash weeb waifu designed explicitly for the male gaze right there OP. Here's hoping she's in a junkyard where she belongs, along with all other outdated character designs that present men as people first and women as things first, people second.

She does not belong in the trash.

eOUa44J.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
pleaseinsertdisctwo
Oct 31, 2017
Thanks for reminding me how bad Xenosaga dub was. And the games too. And Xenosaga is dead, it was just Xenogears remaining ideas from Takahashi, she's basically Morrigan level now, making appearances in other people games.

huh? The dub is great, only iffy voice I can think of is chaos in Episode I, and while KOS-MOS' voice in Episode II wasn't bad I thought it didn't match her

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You clearly didnt play the series. I would have zero problems with her visual design being less fetishistic. She'd work equally well in a staid suit. But the character does have depth.

duckroll

Oct 25, 2017
Singapore
Bandai Namco should just partner Monolithsoft with Platinum and produce a high speed Xenosaga action shooter. Celshaded, Xenosaga Ep1 style designs, 60fps, think of the possibilities. Story, art, cutscenes by Monolithsoft, gameplay, level design, programming by Platinum, bring Mitsuda back for the music.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do I mis-remember or was the series originally slated to have six games in it? That would have been fucking bonkers (in a good way).

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
Do I mis-remember or was the series originally slated to have six games in it? That would have been fucking bonkers (in a good way).
6 games, 3 story arcs. Things pretty much changed after Ep. 1's release since they couldn't even finish Ep. 1 "properly" (Ep. 2 was originally part of it).

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
She's one of my least favorite characters in Saga, and her popularity is super puzzling. I'd want to die if they crapped out some Bayonetta esque game with a character from Xenosaga.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll always maintain that Xenosaga Episode 3 is one of the greatest RPg's on PS2. It was so damn good.

The music was outstanding... listen to this man.

I'd give anything for one more Xenosaga game where we get to lost jerusalem.

Taruranto

Oct 26, 2017
8:14 of the first video is soooo good, the OST and the CS/Story moment really come together so well.

Mariaaaaaaa