• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
For many years fans have been asking for a remake of this game. When we finally believed it was going to be shown when Shinji Hashimoto took the stage at Sony's 2014 PSX keynote, we were trolled so damn hard.
sEaV85N.jpg
7c6.gif

Then dreams finally came true with that incredible 2015 Sony E3 conference when they revealed that the remake was indeed real. It had fans going crazy in excitement and even crying.
tumblr_nq1ir9nyqq1t01wl5o2_250.gif

The next update for the game came later that same year with the first gameplay reveal which looked amazing and the music is so good.

It is 2018 and this game has gone silent ever since the gameplay reveal. I thought maybe we might see something at E3 this year, but we didn't. I don't even know if we'll get any news later this year or the next. So, I'm asking where is this game? What's the status? Any updates lately? Do you all still think this game is coming this gen?

mob21

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can this thread stop being a thing every two weeks? Idk how any of this is surprising to anyone anymore. It'll show when it shows.

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It was announced way too early.

But development is going well, acording to lastest news.

Oct 25, 2017
It was essentially rebooted by a different developer and probably for a different console. It'll be awhile till it comes out. They might show it too early again sooner, but that seems unwise

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
They rebooted development and it is seemingly mismanaged.

Not sure what you really expect from it. Rebooted development doesn't mean you just start off from where you were.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
This game was always 2020, and it most likely will not be the game you wanted.

Last I remember, the point we were concretely at was, FF7 remake is an episodic 3rd person action game.

Ms.Galaxy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It was clearly shown and announced way too early. Wait a few months after Kingdom Hearts 3 is released, they'll likely talk more about it then. Hopefully, at least.

Zukkoyaki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just assume AAA Square games from their Japanese branch are 5+ years away upon announcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.