• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For me its Arby's. I actually didn't mind most of their food. Fries were really tasty.

Everything changed after I ate their brisket sandwich. Crippling food poisoning for a solid 24 hours. I was too weak to even throw up at points.

I fucking love their greasy ass food but will never eat there again.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Church's Chicken. Had undercooked fried chicken and their drive thru was so broken someone came out a service door to take my order after eight minutes. They also didn't have ice.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Probably Olive Garden for the same reason as you.

Outside of that I don't know if there are any restaurant chains I'd never go back to so much as specific restaurants I'd never go back to. There's a Burger King that was in the middle of a desert and was full of crickets.

Church's Chicken. Had undercooked fried chicken and their drive thru was so broken someone came out a service door to take my order after eight minutes. They also didn't have ice.
I've never been to a Church's that wasn't a rundown piece of shit but damn those biscuits are good.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
a food spot has never really made me sick enough to stop going there

some places i just think "why bother going there" because ive got a lot of choice

Mr Paptimus

Oct 26, 2017
For me its Arby's. I actually didn't mind most of their food. Fries were really tasty.

Everything changed after I ate their brisket sandwich. Crippling food poisoning for a solid 24 hours. I was too weak to even throw up at points.

I fucking love their greasy ass food but will never eat there again.
Jack in the box for most of the same reason. I ate one of their burgers well traveling and was fine for a little bit but within a few hours I was absolutely destroy by food poisoning. Vomiting and diarrhea all night. And the worst thing is I was staying at a hotel and had to leave the next day because they didn't have a room I could stay in to wait for to die down.

I had to drive for about 2 hours home. Not counting the hour I had where I pull over into a gas station parking lot in basically passed out. And when I finally got home I spent the next day in bed practically delirious.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
a food spot has never really made me sick enough to stop going there

some places i just think "why bother going there" because ive got a lot of choice

burger king exists exclusively in the "why bother" realm to me. I don't even understand how the burger kings that are joined to a popeyes even make money.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Taco Bell
burger King
Long John silvers
Sizzler (does it still exist?)
Ruby Tuesday's and every chain similar to it

Basically all the fast food and shitty chains. I have no reason to when there are a million better alternatives in the DC area, including my own cooking

Will still hit that Popeye's occasionally tho

jml

Mar 9, 2018
I might not ever eat at Subway again, not for any particular reason other than the fact that there's almost always a different/better sub place in the area. The last time I had Subway was probably like 10 years ago.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Subway. Not as long as I'm in a city where Port of Subs, Firehouse, Jersey Mikes, or Capriotti's exists.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
Checkers and Nathan's Hot Dogs. Horrible food poisoning from both, and somehow the culprits were fries.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'm never going to another Burger King again unless I happen to go there with someone else

I've never gotten sick or anything, they just suck and I haven't had a enjoyable eating experience at a Burger King since I was a child

edit: Also, basically any chain pizza place because of far superior local options, I've eaten chain pizza like one time in the past half decade and it's because some extended family ordered Domino's while I was over

Last edited:

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I didn't eat McDonald's for like 6 years after I saw Super Size Me, but then I became best friends with a kid whose dad owned like 36 McDonald's and would let me get free food all the time because I was so skinny.

Deleted member 1086

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Boise Area, Idaho
I have several places on my "avoid" list like Carls Jr. and Burger King, but I'm not sure if I'll "never" go to them again. Probably the only thing that would qualify is White Castle, both because they suck and because I live no where near one anymore.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A local sushi place that once served me a California Roll with a hair in it. And not some little strand, this fucker was like 2 feet long...

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Heaven Sent fried chicken. Delicious but they literally dismantled my order in front of me to give it to a delivery service. Even though they'd already bagged it up for me.

NervousXtian

Oct 27, 2017
Subway probably. Once a year I say fuck it and get something, and it's always disappointing even with almost zero expectations.

It's just shit quality.

Oct 29, 2017
Florida
Subway because why would I wanna get one of their AT BEST hella mediocre subs when I got a Publix right up the street and can get a Pub sub instead?

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
There's a fish tacos place that I was all excited about trying, and I saw a big ol rat in the parking lot as I was taking my food to my car. Kinda killed the place for me, or at least the tacos weren't good enough to make up for that.

Sirhc

Hasn't made a thread yet. Shame me.
Oct 27, 2017
Local place absurdly named "Best Burger Ever" more like most mediocre burger ever, worst mid range burger joint I've been to and there are tons of better options within 4 blocks.

Weston

Oct 29, 2017
Applebee's. Food is overpriced trash. Service has been terrible every time I've eaten there. Cheap drinks though. I'll give them that.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Chick Fil-A. Their food is gross and so is the company.

Also Denny's but that's just because the one near me sucks.

AntoneM

Oct 25, 2017
This right here. I've eaten there twice and both times the burgers have been sitting in a literal pool of grease. The only thing good about the place is their onion rings and those are available frozen so I can cook them at home.

Also, fuck Applebee's. Everything about Applebee's sucks.

But that honey mustard sauce though.

There is a local place called The Porch that opened not long ago so the wife and I decided to check it out. It's your basic modern, loud, sit down restaurant and bar excpet there is a huge patio (porch). Anyway, the food we got was no better than mediocre and near the time we were going to leave some little blonde girl walks up to our table and dumps a candy wrapper on it. Not only did her parents laugh, so did one of the staff that witnessed it. Left a yelp review about it and will never go back there again.

Last edited:

Deleted member 58401

Banned
Jul 7, 2019
There are a lot on my list, but the one I'll mention is Taco Bell. I have no idea why anyone eats that shit. But the Internet, including this place, seems to love it. My brain is too small to understand.

Oh, and Applebee's. Because fuck them.

taro

Oct 25, 2017
I liked Church's before but the food poisoning I experienced had me swear off them for life.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
Del Taco. Inconsistent service.

Subway used to be my favorite subway. But eating at Jersey Mike's has really made me realize how much Subway sucks.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Nowhere yet, thankfully I never had a clear connection with food poisoning and a restaurant but like others here that would definitely make me stop going there.

The closest I can think of wasn't even the restaurant's fault. 2 days after I had a pork & rice bowl from this ramen place I got the stomach flu from my roomate, and the last thing I thought of that helped me throw up was that bowl.

Felt immediately better afterwards but I'll never get that bowl ever again, just the thought of it makes me nauseous and it wasn't even its fault lol. Either way you definitely go for their ramen.

The mind is a crazy thing.

TheAndyMan

Banned
Feb 11, 2019
Utah
There are a lot on my list, but the one I'll mention is Taco Bell. I have no idea why anyone eats that shit. But the Internet, including this place, seems to love it. My brain is too small to understand.

Oh, and Applebee's. Because fuck them.
Being near several Mexican restaurants(not very Americanized) that serve better food at similar prices really changes your mind on things.

Difference between quality and mediocre.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
is quiznos still a thing?

i remember their big hook was "hey look, we toast our subs"

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Chick Fil A. Original reason being that their sandwiches always made me need to shit.

Man, all the talk about Subways in here makes me morbidly curious about them. Haven't had them in a looooooong time and I can't remember what I thought of them. Maybe just decent? Last sub place I went to that was around me and not Subways was awful so maybe I'll try an alternative that people are mentioning here

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
subway, had a job where subway was the closest eatery and I was going through a fitness phase, so I ate there everyday.

I think I didn't have a sub for like 3 yeas after I quit.
ocassionally I've gone back, like 1 or 2 a year.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
Going on for almost a decade and 1/2. Pretty much all fast food joints, although I may tempt Taco Bell a couple times a year if its late enough.

Also no casual chains either. Ruby Tuesday, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc.

No Chick Fila.