• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i went to a Ruby Tuesdays a few months ago

its been a while since ive been but they had a really nice salad bar

waaaay better then sommit like Shoneys

Oct 25, 2017
Eating Quiznos when I went to the US was the biggest "why bother" experience. give me some cold cuts and a roll from the supermarket and I could beat it

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
oh, you know what, I probably would choose to avoid places like Golden Corral

I don't trust all the other people at a big buffet

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
Subway. It was just the most mediocre sun place I've ever been to, then I discovered there's a Jimmy John's and Quiznos near my work place to save me from.

There's a local pho place I used to hit up for lunch, but they started treating me like shit after some out-of-town clients took my group out to lunch there and apparently didn't tip them. So I guess that meant to them that I was to be harassed about it.

Waffle House. Only been twice. Both times made me sick and had some of the rudest waitresses ever.

Pizza Hut. I find their pizza to be absolutely gross. In fact, the only chain pizza I'll pay for is Jet's and maybe Domino's.

KFC and Church's Chicken. I find both of them to be gross.

Golden Corral. I get nauseous even thinking about it.

Most chain restaurants aside from Texas Roadhouse, IHOP, and Red Lobster. I would rather support local restaurants instead. Apparently, that's how most people in my area are. Local places are always full at dinner time, but the Applebee's and Chili's are always nearly empty.

TheAggroCraig

One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
Probably Arbys, I didn't get sick from it I just thought the majority of the food tasted gross.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Chik Fil A - for the obvious reasons and its overpriced for what is
Golden Corral - last two times I've eaten there made me vomit, never again.
IHOP - dry ass, overpriced pancakes
Papa Johns - shit company and founder that also makes shit pizza

Last edited:

Deleted member 58401

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 7, 2019
Oh, damn, good choice. This is mean, but I'll say it anyway: everything about this place is gross, including the customers.

Being near several Mexican restaurants(not very Americanized) that serve better food at similar prices really changes your mind on things.

Yeah, this. I can get amazing al pastor tacos for as much money, so why would I ever eat beef paste in a Dorito?

Scheris

Oct 27, 2017
Steak & Shake. One opened up near us back when the chain was opening tons of new stores.

They managed to screw up my parents & I's meals so badly twice that we jokingly ordered a grilled cheese sandwich because there was absolutely no way they couldn't screw up that. Sandwich was edible, but wasn't great either.

Got the meal comped, and funny enough that location shuttered in like a month. It took like 10 years before a new joint opened up in that location.

Subway also after they kept messing up my orders. Positive to that is I found a local joint that's 10x better.

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
burger king exists exclusively in the "why bother" realm to me. I don't even understand how the burger kings that are joined to a popeyes even make money.
Yeah this. BK is easily the worst fast food except maybe DQ but you're already in DQ sometimes for other shit lol .

Arbys I had at an airport and I don't get it at all OP. Food sickness or not I found it garbo tier sandwich wise

Also for those quoting food poisoning like 80 percent of food poisoning is actually good old GI like norovirus and almost never what people think

Oct 27, 2017
Jack in the Box: everything is so greasy
Arby's: so damn expensive for what it is even with a coupon
KFC: same as Arby's
Subway: tasteless overpriced crap no matter what ingredients are added. I don't even know how that's possible.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
McDonalds. Haven't eaten there in decades, I was traumatized as a kid.

Subway, if I can help it. Can't stand it. Sometimes I'm in a group/road trip and they all want to go there though 😩

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Kamakura Pasta. It was average at best and there are just other pasta places I'd rather eat. Plus the one close by replaced a restaurant I liked better so I'm still mad at it for that.

OP
OP

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I forgot about subway man. My mom used to work there and bring sandwiches back. The only problem is she'd often bring tuna despite me telling her not to, and the sandwich would always be a sogging mess by the time it was home. The image of those disgusting, dripping sandwiches has permanently ruined Subway for me.

EraldoCoil

Oct 28, 2017
Cali
I fuck with most places. But I once tried a chinese place across the street where I live that had like 2.5 stars. I was desperate as all the other chinese places were closed and I was fiending for chinese. I figured I'd order the safest option of orange chicken, with fried rice, and noodles.

Took a couple of bites and had to spit it out. The chicken was disgusting, the rice was all mushy, and the noodles tasted like soap.

From that point on I dont mess with anything less than 3.5 stars lol

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I never really liked it much but these days it's definitely IHOP.

Normally I have a gut of steel and can eat pretty much anything (within reason) and not feel bad. But the last two times I had IHOP I felt disgusting all day and these were also separate locations. Never again.

Oct 26, 2017
Went to Smokey Bones, a barbeque chain, sometime ago. Wasn't the first time I had gone.

They were out of beef brisket even though it was only around 1:30. I got the pulled pork instead and it was dry and had a weird as fuck taste.

Probably will avoid that place in the future.

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Subway, McDonalds (except maybe breakfast if I can't find anything else), Burger King, Long John Silvers, Taco Cabana, IHOP.

Guts Of Thor

Oct 25, 2017
Taco Bell - I can handle my share of spicy food but there is something about taco Bell that gives me the shits every single time I've eaten there.

Chipotle - With everything that's happened there, how could I ever eat there again?

Firehouse subs - I had a brisket sandwich there and a few hours later I was throwing up and shitting for two days straight. I was supposed to go on a date with this girl and ended up having to cancel because of those fuck nuts. Will never set foot in that place ever again.

Kasai

Jan 24, 2018
Taco Bell, Subway, and oddly enough, Five Guys. I've worked at all 3 and I've just grown tired of the food to the point where I refuse to spend money at those places.

Oct 27, 2017
Memphis, TN
When I was in college in Ohio in 2008 a few friends and I drove to Toronto on a whim and I had a slice of mushroom pizza from the food court of a mall that was in a former subway tunnel. It made me so sick I still can't eat mushrooms. I'm also not convinced it was real. It sounds fake, but I'm like 80 percent sure it really happened.

Nida

Aug 31, 2019
Everett, Washington
I've never gotten food poisoning thankfully.

There's nowhere I'd refuse to eat, except maybe Cici's Pizza. Oh and Papa Murphy's. If I get pizza I want it cooked.

Jul 26, 2018
I have to say Burger King. Haven't been there, but last time ice went there, I wasn't a fan of their chicken sandwiches. Part of me wants to go back there since I always recieve their coupons from the mail.

2 chicke sandwiches with 2 fries for $6. Good deal ehhh?

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
Chipotle
Subway
Red Robin
Bob Evans

All garbage food with garbage service, and one of them poisoned the nation multiple times over.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
So many...

Shitty politics:
Chik-fil-A
Papa John's

Shitty food:
Chipotle
McDonald's
Panera
Subway

Most chains are low on my list but I'll eat there in a pinch. The places I listed are all no-go.

Heaven Sent fried chicken. Delicious but they literally dismantled my order in front of me to give it to a delivery service. Even though they'd already bagged it up for me.
I've seen you post this before and it's hilarious every time I read it. I've always wanted to try them out because Ezel's is pretty good and I am curious about whet he did with Heaven Sent and if there's any noticeable difference.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Olive Garden - If I wanted to ingest a bowl of molten fat, I'd just microwave a tub of butter, thanks.
McDonalds - Burgers are just a pile of mush.
Hardees - Same as McDonalds except more expensive.
KFC - Chicken is mush.

My never-again list used to be longer but I've forgotten the other places. I'm cool with Arbys because of their "Market Fresh" sandwiches. Their roast-beef is mush, though.

Chipotle - With everything that's happened there, how could I ever eat there again?
What's wrong with Chipotle?

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
A local sushi place that once served me a California Roll with a hair in it. And not some little strand, this fucker was like 2 feet long...
Oh my god. That is the nastiest thing in the world to me. I cannot stand hair in food. I would be more inclined to eat food that had an insect than a meal with hair. God dayum that be nasty.

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
There's this local taco place that got me sick 100% of the time no matter what I order (asada fries, tortas, tacos, etc.) but that's pretty much the only place I would never step inside again.

Last edited:

Corran Horn

Oct 25, 2017
It's not usually a company I'll avoid but certain locations. I do internet installs for businesses sometimes so I'll go to restaurants and see dirty ass kitchens and be like I'm never eating here.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
The Popeyes near my work served me some nice, pink chicken strips yesterday, and my co-worker some pink chicken.

Yeah they're blacklisted now. I was gagging through the rest of my shift.

Militaratus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Abu Dhabi Airport, their bacon tasted horrible. It was nothing like the tasty pig I eat back home.