• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Applebees/TGI Fridays

Why do these places even exist

Also burger King is horrible

Went to a Krystal a few months ago and it was stupendously awful, like next level gutter food

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
idk maybe Hooter's. other than the entire concept of that restaurant being gross. I went there with my older sister and her boyfriend and we guess because we weren't their typical clientele we received horrible service. worst i've ever experienced in America. literally the only way it could have been worse is if they straight up told us to get out. we never complained or even mentioned it until we were all walking back to the car. so it definitely wasn't our attitude. This was the flagship Hooter's in Clearwater, FL btw

Chibits12

Oct 27, 2017
Baltimore, MD
Subway. The place has gone downhill for a very long time. Everything about their subs feel gross and soggy like they've been dunked in a toilet bowl before wrapping and bagging them up.

oledome

Oct 25, 2017
Harvester - think the UKs version of Applebees but there's a salad bar and they really know how to overcook steak and serve warm chips
Pizza Hut - Out of the big pizza chains I think they have the worst pizza, I had an especially bad one a couple of years ago with a texture like cardboard, never again
Subway - at every level the food is 3.5/10, don't think bread selection will save the day
TGI Fridays - in the future you'll ask for the food, they'll blend it and put it in a big bowl topped with onion rings and sparklers while singing happy birthday
Burger King - I think I went to BK for the last time 2 months ago, the bread isn't soft it just breaks apart, the patties aren't tasty, the fries are sub-par. You pay more, get less and what you get is worse than Maccy Ds

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
Burger King. Our local one is so bad, it ruined them for me. Plus, you know, it's crap.

There were two local Chinese places where I got very bad food poisoning, but they have since closed down.

Oh and Jimmy Johns, because fuck that guy.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a local restaurant that was so fucking terrible in just about every aspect. Literally the worst sweet and sour chicken I've ever had (tasted like cardboard), a creepy ambience, food took forever even though we were the only ones there, and we find out later that they kind of screw over the wait staff when it comes to tips. I wish that place would just go out of business already, but their food is cheap enough that the locals keep it going.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friendly's.

I like diners. I frequent them often if I ever decide to eat out. I tried Friendly's for the first time last year and was really upset by how expensive it was for less and worse quality food as compared to the majority of diners I've eaten in.

I don't mind having fast food because that's exactly what I want - a cheap inexpensive meal in a hurry.

But if I am going to choose to dine out and not rush myself, what I do mind is going to a chain like Friendly's knowing that everything is worse and more expensive than a typical diner.

Never again.

Deleted member 18742

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
McDonald's. It made my shit black and extremely hard. As someone with colitis...not good. I don't know anyone can eat that regularly

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
There's a nearby pizza place that makes great wings and panzerotti but literally every time I order from them I throw up. It doesn't seem to be food poisoning I just invariably end up puking. Nothing else does this to me. Took ordering like 5 times before I learned my lesson.

I tried a similar nearby place last weekend and their 'garlic bread' was a fucking hot dog bun. I shit you not. It was kinda funny because I've been poor as shit and have made my share of poverty garlic bread. But c'mon now. Their wings were really bad too, which is a feat on its own. Didn't throw up but I'd probably rather deal with that instead...

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Wurst Gulash from the cafe across the road.

About 6 months ago I was staying over at the girl's flat who I just started dating. Felt rough all evening. About 1am running to the toilet, explosive diareah following by vomiting and back again for a good couple of hours. Slept on the sofa shivering and sweating the whole night. Couldnt even leave her place when she went to work. Struggled home that evening and had diareah of varying severity for the rest of the week.

Everytime I think of that fucking meal it makes me gag.

king_kerry

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Arby's - We have the diarrhea

any Darden Restaurant (Longhorn, Red Lobster, Olive Garden, etc) - friend used to work at one and pretty much 90% of food is cooked in microwave at all locations on top of the food tasting bland

mhayes86

Oct 27, 2017
Maryland
I avoid fast food in general, but specifically naming out some places:

Subway - Got really sick the first time I ever had their food.

Firehouse Subs - Roll was incredibly soggy and disgusting.

Applebees - Used to go all the time for half off appetizers with friend for the cheap, but their food and service was always awful.

Denny's - Used to there a lot with friends at the end of high school. The food had a tendency to not be fully cooked through, and the service was always garbage (at least at our location). I actually visited Denny's again for the first time (and last time) while on vacation in another state during their The Hobbit "Second Breakfast" thing back in 2012. It was better, but not great.

Khasim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a specific place, but I will never eat a kebab again. Every snigle one I tried obliterated my digestive tract.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Gourmet Burger Kitchen (specifically the Glasgow one.) Food wasn't that bad, just mediocre burgers. But god the service was so awful. We almost walked out without paying because after asking multiple times it took 20 minutes for them to bring us our bill, then we asked for a card machine to pay for it and the waitress just vanished after saying she'd get one. We waited a little but then decided to just leave and were on our way out when we passed her again and I gave them one last chance to actually let us pay for our food before we just walked out.

If you're getting burgers in Glasgow, walk the like three doors past GBK and go to Bread Meats Bread instead.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Olive Garden: Been there all of twice and all the food did was make me paint my toilet bowl brown. Haven't been back in years no intention of ever going back.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
Papa Johns- until Shaq fully takes over and it becomes Papa Shaq's
Little Caesar's- It is just the worst, I'll take Totinos over it
Chick Fila- A mediocre chicken sandwich with the special ingredient being hate
Fazolis- Fast food Italian, how did this even become a thing and how are they still in business? I never see anyone in their parking lots.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Honestly I am pretty close to Chick-fil-a. They have great food but I have been done with them for about a year with their bullshit.

Oct 25, 2017
The Cyclone State
I feel like someone has gotten food poisoning from literally every restaurant.

The only places I don't go back to are specific locations of restaurants if that location has poor service or cleanliness. I don't usually rule out entire chains.

Stoof

Oct 25, 2017
Wahlburgers

Overpriced, okay food when there's like 4 places within walking distance that taste better and cost less.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
KFC.

I've eaten there precisely once in my lifetime and disliked it immensely (I *love* Chicken) and have never been back.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
Applebee's, how can you ruin steak?

Burger King, quality drop since being bought by the Brazilian conglomerate that dial back costs affecting quality

Seirith

Oct 25, 2017
5 Guys- My husband didn't like his cheeseburger and my grilled cheese was like rubber, ate there years ago and have never gone back.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really eat at any of these fast food places anymore. However, when I did, I would never go to the KFC where I grew up. A friend's dad repaired restaurant equipment and said he regularly went there and saw things that he was far from okay with. This guy saw the dark corners of restaurants all around the area and this was the only place that bothered him enough to not want anyone to eat there.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Not to a brand but a specific location that consisted of a Taco Bell and KFC in the same building

Lady at the counter was rude as hell to me and my wife on taking the order

Messed up our order and I ended up wasting money on something I ordered but never got in the end

Never going back there - my wife wants to eat KFC but wants to go to a location further from home compared to where the bad experience happened which is closer to our home 😂

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Subway. First day of my vacation to Magfest 2016 I grabbed a tuna sub for a quick dinner. I was struck sick with food poisoning by night-time. I spent the next three days holed up my hotel room barely holding it together. I forced myself to get down to the convention near the end because I didn't want to miss the entire convention. That sub ruined my once a year vacation.

GodofWine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Subway - Applebees (or any national off turnpike chain).

Frankly, I trust fast food from busy locations, and HIGH end restaurants, anything in the middle, I can and will cook at home. If its not a "I have no time I'll grab a burger" moment, or a "Lets go treat ourselves to some fancy food", I don't eat out.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
This is more "order coffee from" and not eat at, but Tim Hortons. I genuinely do not see why Canadians hype it up so much. I tried a vanilla latte and a caramel latte (separate occasions) and they both tasted like they were literally the type of power mix you'd buy at like a Walmart. Like it's not actually espresso + milk, just hot water + powder. Like wtf Canada how can this be your national obsession...

The only way I can see it is if they don't actually get coffee from there and only get the donuts because Timbits are genuinely good.

Deleted member 8561

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't eat at national chains where the food is literally just re-heated trash.

Subway is also horrible, it's basically edible cardboard.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
This one BBQ place that had a wine bar. I got food poisoning from either the sausage or brisket.

Hardvlade

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hungry Howie's Pizza. Never thought a chain like HH would have pizza that tastes like 7-11-pizza

Wraith

Jun 28, 2018
Oh, damn, good choice. This is mean, but I'll say it anyway: everything about this place is gross, including the customers.
In my experience, they (Golden Corral) have a problem keeping their food at proper temperature. The one nearest me has been closed a few years now, but that was after I got sick from eating there.

I do enjoy a good buffet experience (not at GC), there just aren't any around these days.

Deleted member 11008

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Burger King.

There is a local near a theater and once they bring us the food very late. I hate that. And beside, the food is not that good.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Cooper's Hawk, got sick off the Lobster Bisque there once and I just can't go back. My wife still loves that place and goes all the time with friends for wine but now when I see it I just think of how sick I got.

Also and it doesn't exist anymore thankfully but Chi-Chi's as I got sick there twice, thankfully I didn't die like other people though.

Little Caesar's, how anyone can eat this cardboard tasting ass pizza is beyond me.

Places like Applebee's, Friday's etc. Shit is gross.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Applebee's

I hadn't been to one in ages but always heard about how shitty it was. My work sent me a gift card for it for some reason, so my wife and I were like "Sure, why not, it's free, how bad can it be?" It was terrible, and not only the food. About to minutes after we got our food the waiter was asking if we were ready for our check, when our plates were still clearly about 80% full.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
I got food poisoning from Burger King about 23 years ago and haven't been back since. Had that shit for 3 days, the worst I've ever had, felt like I was gonna die. I will never go back.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
In defense of applebees, there normal entrees are overpriced garbage but the late night apps for half off are pretty good. Can get a beer and a couple apps for like $8.

CrocodileGrin

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
KFC - Salty and greasy as hell. I can barely taste the chicken.

Five Guys - I ate there maybe a total of 4 or 5 times during my last semester of college. I wasn't impressed any of the times I went but kept giving them second and third chances to see if my opinion would flip to positive . The final time I ate their stuff was when I was trying to meet a deadline on a paper, bought their food, and came home to complete the paper. However, I was so focused on finishing the research assignment that I only ate the sandwich and forgot to eat the fries that were in the bag. Within an hour, just the fries alone in the bag made a giant wet grease stain at the bottom of the bag. The grease went through the bag and ruined the table cloth on our family's dining room table. I found it disgusting and I dumped it in the trash. I left them alone after that.

CookOut - The food is okay if you want something cheap to eat. That's about it. All the burgers, no matter the topping, all taste the same to me.

Denny's - The closest one near home never get my side orders right and the silverware is always dirty.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So many...

Shitty politics:
Chik-fil-A
Papa John's

Shitty food:
Chipotle
McDonald's
Panera
Subway

Most chains are low on my list but I'll eat there in a pinch. The places I listed are all no-go.

I've seen you post this before and it's hilarious every time I read it. I've always wanted to try them out because Ezel's is pretty good and I am curious about whet he did with Heaven Sent and if there's any noticeable difference.

They're identical