• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
As a 3d platformer launch title for the Xbox One X, I thought there would be more hype. If this sells well, it could encourage MS to invest in more SP games. I think this game could be pretty solid tbh.
Theres the issue. Hard to get hype for a system that is unlikely to gain any support. Hell I own and X1 and its a coaster at this point. All I use it for is Killer Instinct and thats on PC.

X1 lost so hard that it left a crater in the ground when it hit bottom. Anything announced for it thats not some AAA sequel exclusive just gets ignored and zero hype at this point. Sad, but true. Sorry. Cuphead is the only exception and I am betting you most folks play it PC.

Dre3001

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not interested in it but glad to see Microsoft still funding these type of games. Hopefully it does well for them and they can build on it as a potential new franchise for them.

Oct 28, 2017
Because it's a single player 3D platformer, not something MS makes a lot. This doing well could show them that there is a market for these games on Xbox/

Hmm. Well I hope the game does well because I love the resurgence of platforms, in a red ocean of FPS and open world games. That said, I really wouldn't bet on this game to somehow make MS more interested in SP games then QB, Rome or any other high quality SP game could have. If anything, they'll start looking into how to make platformers a GaaS product.

Forestar

Oct 28, 2017
Theres the issue. Hard to get hype for a system that is unlikely to gain any support. Hell I own and X1 and its a coaster at this point. All I use it for is Killer Instinct and thats on PC.

X1 lost so hard that it left a crater in the ground when it hit bottom. Anything announced for it thats not some AAA sequel exclusive just gets ignored and zero hype at this point. Sad, but true. Sorry. Cuphead is the only exception and I am betting you most folks play it PC.

It's in a rough place but this post right here is sheer delusion.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Cuphead is beating Wolfenstein II, South Park, and Shadows of War on Xbox. Microsoft doesn't need a lot of convincing to support small indie platformers.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty hyped. Played a little at the fan expo and instantly liked it better then yooka-laylee

Scaught

Oct 30, 2017
The Frozen North
Really without the iconic developers like Yookah had and the cute designs of A Hat in Time, Super Lucky's Tale got overshadowed. The original was good, but it was good for a very specific reason. It brought N64, PSX era platforming to VR. They're trying to expand on a series that was developed specifically for a hardware gimmick which always means the series will initially struggle.

New Fang

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that Lucky's Tale is launching a week after Odyssey could not be timed any worse. Every reviewer is going to have a direct comparison in their mind, and I suspect Lucky's Tale will not fare well in that comparison.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'll be buying it when it launches, but I'm not "visibly hyped."

I actually really liked the first game a lot, it was just too short. It sounded like they were expanding a lot on the sequel.

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
It's a 3D platformer that doesn't have Mario in it. They don't exactly get a lot of interest these days.

AfterTheFall

Oct 27, 2017
There might be hype when the reviews come in. I'm interested to see how it scores. It's cheap and looks cheerful, but I have Mario.

Black Mantis

Oct 30, 2017
I'll be buying it, mainly because it's a family-friendly game that I can play with my eldest. Also, it's launching at a budget price, so could do well with impulse buyers.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
I'm sure Blinx killed off most interest Microsoft may have had in publishing 3D platformers. If anything this'll be the nail in the coffin.
While this is demonstrably true (Microsoft dropped most of their announced 3d platformers out of their slate that all eventually got released by other publishers), it also happened 15 years ago. I really dont think any current decisions are being made based on Blinx's performance. I dont know how well Recore and the Voodoo Vince remaster did (im gonna guess not well) but Id think those results have a bigger impact on Microsoft going forward with 3D platformers

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more than likely going to buy it because I love 3d platformers. I know it's not going to be anywhere the same standard as Odyssey, and that's OK, I'm not expecting it to be.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Any other platformer this year instantly died with the release of Odyssey. Knack 2 had a fighting chance but it died after about a week and since Odyssey launched I haven't seen anything about A Hat in Time online.

Yes a mediocre PlayStation game with half of the enjoyment of a LEGO game had a fighting chance with Mario

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
First I've heard of it.

Looked at a video and... what's to get hyped about, really? Doesn't look like anything special.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I find the whole thing kind of bizarre that this is a non-VR sequel to a VR tech-demo game. Like I want to know what kind of process led to SLT being what it is and why. And as far as I can recall, Lucky's Tale doesn't really have much of a following behind it, so it doesn't seem like much of a "Get!" for Microsoft.

Also the name being intrinsically linked to Palmer Luckey makes me uncomfortable about supporting this.

The Traveller

Oct 31, 2017
I'm cautiously optimistic, I've only seen a little bit but I really want it to be good. I'll wait for impressions before jumping in.

TheMadMan007

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really enjoyed it on Oculus, but I think it's going to loose a lot of its charm transitioning to a TV. Moving the camera around with your head was such a small but immediately noticeable change.

knuckles

Oct 29, 2017
I know that it's shallow and almost certainly due to the projects budget but the graphics seem kind of bland/uninteresting even next to something like sonic forces which Is x enhanced too. Might be a good pack in for the Minecraft bundle.

mark1982

Oct 31, 2017
I'm hoping it does well, since it's slightly on my radar for upcoming games. But yeah, barely any marketing, I think I only saw one gameplay video during E3 and not much mentions after. Mario is King.

cakely

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
As a 3d platformer launch title for the Xbox One X, I thought there would be more hype. If this sells well, it could encourage MS to invest in more SP games. I think this game could be pretty solid tbh.

Super Lucky's Tale is a very, very basic 3D platformer releasing against another 3D platformer that's probably destined to Game of the Year and platformer of the generation. SLT was a competent proof of concept when it was a VR game but now it just doesn't have anything going for it.

Sorry, but there's absolutely no hype for it.

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
It looks a bit soulless. I'd be a little more interested if it didn't seem so generic. But after Yooka, I'm cautious about which 3D platformers I'm give a shot. Oddssey has also spoiled me on what a great collect a thon should be.

DongBeetle

Oct 25, 2017
Super Lucky's Tale is a very, very basic 3D platformer releasing against another 3D platformer that's probably destined to Game of the Year and platformer of the generation. SLT was a competent proof of concept when it was a VR game but now it just doesn't have anything going for it.

Yeah honestly I'd have more hype if it was a vr game still

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
A lot of you are implying that this game is the same as the Oculus VR one.

I was under the impression that this is a new sequel.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Also, it looks nice, but it's probably not the first thing X owners are looking for to test their new machine. Especially when Forza and Assassin's Creed are still new.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia

It's releasing alongside a meme game.(Bubsy) and a garbage Sonic game

It'll be alright

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
If SLT can beam struggle at Yooka Laylee's power level, I'll be OK with it.

If it feels like Super Magnetic Neo on the Dreamcast, I'll just growl under my breath and pack up the Xbox until 2018.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
You'd have to be pretty silly to think there's any platformer that can compete with Mario
They most definitely can't compete at $60.

Funny, I thought it looked lifeless as a VR game. Now that the sequel (Or reboot or whatever) is on Xbox it feels like a complete game.

Hoo-doo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Was the first game even good? I certainly don't remember people raving about it, so i'm uncertain why this is pushed forward as something people should be foaming at the mouth for.

Oh, and Mario Odyssey stealing all the platforming thunder this year certainly won't help.

Kage Maru

Oct 27, 2017
The most hype for this game was during E3 where everyone for a few seconds thought it was Conker.

Yup, they definitely fooled me. Whoever decided to reveal the game that way had to be intentionally trolling.

So they just added Super to the name? Hm. Bad decision, I believe. Thought it was just a port.

Yeah the fact that you had to ask shows how poorly they've been marketing this game.