• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 9932

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sanctuary should be a great anime (the west would love the shit out of it) instead of a shitty ass ova

HNJgrLV.jpg

Yakuza's fucking each other over power. Goddamn this manga is electrifying. I would even love a live-action tv show.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017

Slam Dunk bar none.

The best sport series has such a terrible anime.

+1 on these.

For Negima, it's painful that we'll never get an adaptation of the Festival Arc. They adapted a bit of the Magic World Arc, and even beyond them cutiing a ton, they stopped right before the Rakan fight! The fact that the sequel whose name I keep blanking on apparently also got a shit adaptation is maddening.

Slam Dunk's final game is one of the best anime/manga sports matches ever, and it's a shame we didn't see it in motion. Captain Tsubasa has an anime adapting the manga from the start airing right now, so there might be some hope for Slam Dunk.

Nov 2, 2017
Like others are saying Soul Eater or Toriko would be cool. They both had some crazy imagery towards the end of their runs. Would be interesting to see if it could be replicated in anime form.

Mortemis

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still felt good about the anime during Water 7. I think Impel Down was when it got really bad.

Still, what I want is a total remake. I want amazing budgets for the Alabasta fights.

And, yeah. 2040 at the least :(

That's when the pacing started to get longer, but I haven't watched it in like 8 years so I'm not sure.

But yeah I'd love a full remake.

Horo

Banned
Nov 17, 2017
NEEDLESS. The anime barely covered the first arc before they went off the rails.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
There are two endings? I read the one where tjey all are friends in the end.
I just know it had the rushed ending when shonen jump cancelled it in 2004. Shueisha republished the entire run in 2008 while adding a proper ending. It sounds like you read the real ending because the first was just a cliffhanger.

But my perspective on the ending was
Hao basically won but he agreed to give Yoh a couple of years to try and make the world a better place rather than just destroy it outright.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
D.Gray-Man --- too bad they decided to make a budget continuation instead, complete with an artstyle makeover.

Problem with D. Gray Man is that even the manga seems to be meandering. They introduced more than two dozen antagonists at once at one point. Shit is ridiculous. I couldn't tell you what's going on anymore since it got so confusing.

Also, my pick goes to Trigun as well. The anime we got is great, but the manga goes in a very different direction in the ending. I think it would be cool to see it brought back.

Aside from that, I still hope for a Bambino! anime but that'll never happen it seems.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Trigun.

I love the anime, but the manga gets so batshit insane and I want to see Fused Plant Knives Orbital Platform raining death from the stratosphere in anime form.

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Soul Eater for sure. I remember being very confused with the direction the anime took and completely baffled with the bizarre and rushed ending. Then I realized it had veered off from the manga. Would love to see a faithful rendition. Same for Claymore. And yes, a lean and fast paced Naruto remake with better animation and music would be ace.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
1. Berserk. It's insane that it's the best fantasy manga around and we've basically yet got to see a really solid adaptation that actually goes from the very start all the way to at least the end of the millennium arc. Needs something like Netflix.
2. Really enjoyed Claymore and would be great to see a complete adaptation.
Pandora Hearts desperately needs one. The manga was a million times better than the anime.
Love Pandora Hearts and would be up for it.
Problem with D. Gray Man is that even the manga seems to be meandering. They introduced more than two dozen antagonists at once at one point. Shit is ridiculous. I couldn't tell you what's going on anymore since it got so confusing.
I remember when the manga came back from hiatus, I honestly was surprised what I was reading. The art had changed, the designs went fully wack and the whole plot became like one giant rabbit hole and lost a huge amount of coherency.

Pretty much all of Ken Akamatsu's manga's haven't had any quality adaptations which is really strange despite some being incredibly popular to my knowledge.

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
Has Soul Eater been mention yet? Because it's Soul Eater.

The Anime got dumber when it branched out.

Black Star ate a fucking laser

Superking

Oct 25, 2017
Since I'm the first one to mention this, I'm probably also the only one to actually have read/watched it:

Samurai Deeper Kyo

The manga was great, and one of my absolute favorite action/adventure series (well, at least until the final portions of the Mibu arc), but for whatever reason, the anime decided to go off in a completely different direction. Storywise it was utter trash, but it did have great animation, fantastic voice acting and a killer soundtrack, so it wasn't all bad. But it would have been better if you had all those qualities plus the manga's story progression.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed with the Trigun and Shaman King votes. GTO was mentioned already but that would be my number one wish to get the Brotherhood treatment and actually follow the manga.

PhazonBlonde

User requested ban
Banned
May 18, 2018
Somewhere deep in space

Also, my pick goes to Trigun as well. The anime we got is great, but the manga goes in a very different direction in the ending. I think it would be cool to see it brought back.

Aside from that, I still hope for a Bambino! anime but that'll never happen it seems.
My partner told me the D. Grayman author has some chronic illness, which is why the mangas kind of fallen apart.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
One Piece.

So much bad filler when they've gotten to close to the manga. Enies Lobby was particularly bad.

Keep Loguetown/G8 stuff though

Feb 13, 2018
Japan
Neuro desperately needs one. There were a few questionable parts but it was interesting and had a crazy, dark final arc. While I admit I didn't see it, from what I heard the anime was mostly original (terrible) content.

As for the Kai treatment they should do that with One Piece at some point. The manga is amazing but the anime adaptation is horrendous.

Also nth-ing Soul Eater.

SigmasonicX

Oct 25, 2017
Neuro desperately needs one. There were a few questionable parts but it was interesting and had a crazy, dark final arc. While I admit I didn't see it, from what I heard the anime was mostly original (terrible) content.
Neuro definitely needs a good adaptation! The anime was pretty bad.

Just as a general concept, I love the idea that Neuro starts out super OP, but him staying in the human world constantly weakens him, so he has to use bigger and bigger attacks not just because his foes are stronger, but because he's weaker.

Kisaya

Oct 25, 2017
Happy to see all the Claymore responses. Please ping me once they make a proper adaptation

petran79

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
A proper adaptation of the tennis manga Aim for the Top. 70s series by Dezaki/Sugino covered only the first volumes and went a different route than the manga. Same with the second series. The 2 OVA series in the early 90s do adapt some stuff from the manga story but without reading the manga it is hard to grasp the overall plot and missing characters.
Only the SNES video game follows the manga more faithfully.

Same with Violinist of Hamelin. A series closer to the humor of the movie instead of the dramatic tone of the TV series. With the same investment in classical music and much better animation this time. Even basic animation would suffice.

My vote goes to Bastard!

On hiatus unfortunately

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I'd say Love Hina, but then I remember how it simultaneously codified the accidental pervert beating trope and ran it into the ground within a single volume, I'd rather they do a Devilman Crybaby-style remake. Mostly keep it to one episode and replace the accidental pervert gags with something, SOMETHING more substantial.

And let Mutusmi or Motoko win this time.

Perzeval

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Having not seen many animes I must name one of the few I've seen, and that would be Silver Fang.

Cantaim

Oct 25, 2017
The Stussining
One Piece, the anime would be far superior to the manga if it was better animated and had enough material to actually fill out a 24 Minute anime. Though I don't think it will ever get down to a non intensifying episode count. Manga is at 900+ chapters now and even if they could cram 3 chapters of material into every episode. We'd still be looking at a 300 episode series.

Oct 27, 2017
Trigun

As it is, it's outstanding, but was an abridged adaptation before the manga finished I believe, so a chance at adapting the entire manga run would be amazing.

Also sort of related, but I would love to see a full adaptation of Akira, but only if it had the level of production the original film did, which wouldn't happen, so nevermind just forget that.

Not

Oct 25, 2017
US
Sanctuary should be a great anime (the west would love the shit out of it) instead of a shitty ass ova

HNJgrLV.jpg

Yakuza's fucking each other over power. Goddamn this manga is electrifying. I would even love a live-action tv show.
This is one of the shows Japan makes where you're like, why the fuck is this animated

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Wouldn't a "Hunter X Hunter 2011" treatment be better? Unlike FMA:B, it didn't have to rush through material because the OG version wasn't too recent.

moustascheman

Oct 26, 2017
Canada
A proper full adaptation of Claymore would be great. If that happened however, I'd wish that they would slow down the pacing of the post-timeskip part of the manga since the story from then on moved way too quickly IMO while not giving enough time for the story to breathe.

I would've liked and supported a good RuroKen adaptation a few years ago but after recent events it'll have to be a hard pass for me. While I still love the story of RuroKen, I refuse to support Watsuki in any way.

autumn_orenji

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 16, 2018
One Piece.

So much bad filler when they've gotten to close to the manga. Enies Lobby was particularly bad.

Keep Loguetown/G8 stuff though

They're doing a live action One Piece tv show (though who knows if it'll get greenlit) and even though my mind knows it will be a hardcore, budget ass mess, my heart wants to believe it could be good. At the very least they could go up to Enies Lobby and rewrite Robin so she gets some damn agency. I don't think the way Oda writes her (and women in general) would get the same type of pass in America, so they'd have to change some things. I just want to see Robin in a 1v1 fight against Blueno and I can die happy.

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
I nominate Gundam 00 for having a very, very solid first season (Gundam fans were praising it as top-tier); and then absolutely becoming irredeemable in its second season.

Retcon everything after the end of S1.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
Surprised to see all the Slam Dunk replies, didn't think that series was that popular, which is alright by me.

1. Naruto Shippuden

Part 1 is fine. Shippuden got beat up in transition to its animated form. Filler everywhere, worse soundtrack (although not bad by any means), slow pacing, integration of filler to canon material... just a mess overall. If they did a 1:1 recreation of the manga I doubt it would get as much flak as it does.

Actually the first part had a whole lot of filler too, a 1:1 recreation would make it a lot easier to watch now, also it would expose some issues with its writing specially in the later parts.

Give Naruto the Kai treatment. While YYH's anime is the goat, I would definitely be down for it to be given the Brotherhood treatment to restore the lost Ghost Detective stuff from the early parts of the series and restore the manga's different take on the final arc (along with the different ending).

Let's maybe leave Kenshin alone forever, lets we give any more money and stuff to Watsuki.

What's this different YYH ending?

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
What's this different YYH ending?
In the manga, after the Three Kings arc, Yusuke goes missing for just a year and a half while the 3K stuff resolves, reappears to the group and reveals that a lot of the series has been the result of King Enma fucking around with things behind the scenes to keep the Demon Realm locked away, causing Koenma to lead a revolt against him. Yusuke goes back to ghost detectiving. His father comes back into the picture. The group foils a terrorist attack, with Yusuke hearing some words of advice from Genkai shortly before she passes. Then we get Genkai's inheritance, the group all going to the beach, it being revealed that Yusuke hedged his solution to the terrorist attack on his feelings for Keiko, and then everybody runs off to the beach.

The anime fast forwards after the Three Kings arc to Yusuke having been gone for two years, the group does the thing with Genkai's inheritance without him, and then Yusuke reappears to everyone on the beach.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
I read something about the author of YYH actually preferring how the anime did the ending but I have nothing to back that up. Is there any truth to it?

May 10, 2018
Wasn't on mind but definitely Ruroni Kenshin.

I've never read the manga so I can't speak on the 1st arc but I've always wanted the last the arc to be properly adapted.

Count me in with those who would love a remake of YYH.

Just did a rewatch and there is so much potential in the 3 King's arc.

Edit: had now idea about the creator of Ruroni Kenshin. Fuck that then.

Last edited: