• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedDevil

Dec 25, 2017
In the manga, after the Three Kings arc, Yusuke goes missing for just a year and a half while the 3K stuff resolves, reappears to the group and reveals that a lot of the series has been the result of King Enma fucking around with things behind the scenes to keep the Demon Realm locked away, causing Koenma to lead a revolt against him. Yusuke goes back to ghost detectiving. His father comes back into the picture. The group foils a terrorist attack, with Yusuke hearing some words of advice from Genkai shortly before she passes. Then we get Genkai's inheritance, the group all going to the beach, it being revealed that Yusuke hedged his solution to the terrorist attack on his feelings for Keiko, and then everybody runs off to the beach.

The anime fast forwards after the Three Kings arc to Yusuke having been gone for two years, the group does the thing with Genkai's inheritance without him, and then Yusuke reappears to everyone on the beach.

Hmm. Interesting, it's quite different indeed.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
It makes me happy all the people mentioning Trigun.

Trigun Maximum really deserves an adaptation. It's incredible and includes some of my favorite moments in any media.

Error 52

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
OG Dragon Ball could use a Kai adaptation. Pacing isn't as bad as Z, sure, but that's a real low bar.

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball really could do with a proper adaptation, especially now that we have the new art style. Also Soul Water but idk how well it holds up, I watched it in middle school I think

Heavy Hushed

Oct 26, 2017
Fruits Basket 5evah. Along the same lines, Ouran High School Host Club. It still left some manga stuff to be had, but then again, the single season was so perfectly paced and complete that I feel it could just as well be left alone.

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
Soul Eater. Same reason as FullMetal Alchemist. Start so close, end so far away.

Deleted member 35156

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 2, 2017
It's Soul Eater.

Hell it's the exact same scenario. Anime project of a popular manga catches fire, anime runs into manga progression, anime creates own ending which people like but is different, manga continues on as if the anime never existed.

The anime of Soul eater never gets to the best stuff in the manga. It's kind of a Bummer that Soul Eater Not got so popular and sort of curtailed the popularity of the original manga due to moe moe sensibilities.

Regardless, where's my anime of Enen No Shouboutai?
It's better for Fire Force to finish so we don't get Soul Eater 2.0.As for Soul Eater is true that the manga doesn't end too well but I so want Yaga Baba's Castle arc to be animated and all the Killik scenes.

If there's ever a Soul Eater Brotherhood I do hope that
it get's changed so that Patty and Liz are the ones that save Kid instead of Black Star. The manga even states that Patty is a good Miester and that it is a shame that she's a weapon so they should've given her a chance to shine with Liz :(.

Last edited:

IXI FalcoN

Oct 27, 2017
On topic answer: Soul Eater.

I can't think of a single IP that needs this treatment more than A Song of Ice and Fire. Unlike FMA 03 which started way too early, this should have never happened as GRRM had plenty of time to get the next 2 books out. 7 sodding years after Dance and Winds is still nowhere in sight. At this point its questionable the source material will be finished, let alone an adaptation redo.

fek

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely Hayate no Gotoku.
Beck and School Rumble too but these are a bit of a different situation.

Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
Are we sure FMA B was that good ? Because some stories of the manga didn t make up on the anime and... The anime have bad choices...

The FMA manga have that Urasawa vibe, the political thriller..FMAB didn t handled this

Oct 27, 2017
Are we sure FMA B was that good ? Because some stories of the manga didn t make up on the anime and... The anime have bad choices...

The FMA manga have that Urasawa vibe, the political thriller..FMAB didn t handled this
There's actually a pretty big faction (myself included) on ERA that don't hold FMAB to this holy standard. I actually think the tone of FMA 03 was way better and more serious, while Brotherhood fell super hard into upbeat shonen for long stretches of the show.

Oct 30, 2017
Trigun. The non-filler material that they saved the budget for is fantastic, but the rest is mostly trash

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Fullmetal Alchemist needs another adaptation. This time, it needs a panel for panel adaptation. They cut way too much material in Brotherhood. They butchered the Ishval arc of the story.

Blizz

Oct 25, 2017
No doubt Soul Eater, right where the anime diverged from the manga, the manga evolved a lot, the best arcs weren't animated which is a shame, it's one of those IP's that just get better as it goes on until the very end (while the ending isn't much better than the anime one, everything up until that point is just leagues ahead of what was animated).

FF Seraphim

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo
Berserk

lmyfjl.gif

Take it slow, do one episode or two a year. Start from the beginning and do the Golden Age proper, and just run it through to the end. Wash the taste of the above away.

Thank you!
This one needs it more then ever thanks to that horrible monstrous thing we had 2 years ago.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
I came here solely to say Soul Eater.
7 months late and not sure I agree. Soul Eater was good as is.

Having had more time to think on the subject... the original Gundam could use it. The original was great, but it was hampered by budget and by being hamstrung into making a product that was marketable to small children. True, it did have the retelling movies, but I think more can be done.

It could also just be that I really like OG Gundam and I'm willing to take a gamble on a possibly bad remake.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Lodoss War... if only for a chance to see the release of Deedlit Nendoroid.

Oh, and just for more classic fantasy shenanigans that don't involve otaku pandering BS.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Bleach for sure.
D. Gray Man if it ever finishes.
My wife would love Ranma 1/2.
Not sure I'd rewatch Naruto if they condensed it.
One Piece is another one. I'd even go as far as saying that the pacing is worse than Naruto's. The last few big fights in the anime were really hard to watch...

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gantz, absolutely. Barely covers the manga and comes up with it's own crappy ending. Gantz redone today could be incredible.

Remember

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Chicago, IL United States
Dragon Ball Super. I actually want a version that merges some of the good things the manga did with some of the good things the anime did to give the best of both worlds. Will it fix the product overall? No, but it will provide somewhat better pacing and better storytelling.

Also, I've gone through the 5 stages with Berserk and I'm currently at acceptance. I've accepted the fact that Berserk will never have a good adaptation of anything past the golden arc. That 3d anime was disrespectful to the source material but also opened my eyes to this fact. The only viable solution is a gigantic Netflix budget.

cosmicspooks

Oct 29, 2017
I mean its first anime adaptation is airing right now, but BOY does Karakuri Circus deserve the full and faithful deal. It's my fav manga ever and they are currently trying to cram 43 volumes into 36 episodes and it is killing me.

It'd be a real solid adaptation of they were just given, you know, 120~ more episodes to work with. And then the world could properly recognize it as the goat shounen that it is

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Lodoss War... if only for a chance to see the release of Deedlit Nendoroid.

Oh, and just for more classic fantasy shenanigans that don't involve otaku pandering BS.

If redone, Lodoss War will end up like Grancrest War. Which I enjoyed, but was also paced poorly.

Bleach for sure.
D. Gray Man if it ever finishes.
My wife would love Ranma 1/2.
Not sure I'd rewatch Naruto if they condensed it.
One Piece is another one. I'd even go as far as saying that the pacing is worse than Naruto's. The last few big fights in the anime were really hard to watch...

If you took Naruto's manga and condensed it to 200 episodes I'd be down.

Bonefish

Oct 28, 2017
Shaman King, especially with how they managed to re-release the manga with originally intended ending, etc.

Studios are actually trying to get it made. I saw an article about the author turned down a studio's offer because they couldn't guarantee that they could get back all the original seiyuu

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For Naruto it'd be more akin to Kai treatment as said. But One Piece needs that a million times more than Naruto. All the endless filler Naruto had is super annoying if you're dedicated to watching week to week, but now that it's over it's completely inconsequential since you can easily just skip all of it. If there's one thing I've learned from the One Piece anime, it's that long filler arcs, while annoying at the time, are still vastly preferrable to dragging out the actual important, canon material to obscene lengths because one is an annoyance that can be skipped and honestly just makes you wait a while for new important stuff, and the other makes a lot of the actual important and good material completely unwatchable. There are way too many episodes of One Piece that completely fall flat even though the chapter they're adapting was fantastic in the manga because the pacing, direction, and animation are just so subpar, and while direction might not be fixed (but is easily the strongest of those three aspects anyways) both the pacing and even the animation could be improved by having a better buffer in the production schedule of new episodes

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Black Clover.

I was going to say Fruits Basket but that's getting a remake that hopefully will be a more faithful adaptation of the manga, so...

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, with this polished to sheen and used as the OP:

Legit among my top 5 Shonen Jump series of all and one of my anime favorite duos. Had a shitty anime adaptation back in 2007 and I'd absolutely pay 300 dollars for a FMA:B or HxH 2011 quality adaptation of the entire manga. Hell I'd pay double just for the entire manga series physically and English translated.

EDIT: Forgot to add the manga Houshin Engi (Soul Hunter) & the same applies to it; one of SJ's output, the recent anime was such a big flub, and the official English translated manga is also sadly barren nowadays.

And just because I'm a slut for the series: I want a brand new quality remake of the Hitman Reborn!

Last edited:

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you were able to cut Bleach down to 65 episodes, it might end up being one of the coolest anime ever. Probably easier than it sounds, too. You'd just get rid of the Hueco Mundo and Fullbring arcs and move the Deicide arc to the very end.

Then you'd have a few episodes of Ichigo adjusting to being a Shinigami before invading Soul Society to save Rukia, then Aizen would flee only for Soul Society to be invaded by the Quincy. Then once Yhwach is defeated, Aizen shows up with his Espada to land the final blow and becomes a transcendental being that Ichigo just murders the shit out of in return for losing his powers forever.

No idea why Kubo didn't just end the manga with the Deicide arc, anyway. It was way better than the actual ending.

Novel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Monster.

Which was already a pure faithful adaption to begin with.

Just give me more Naoki Urasawa anime adaptions.