• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 30, 2017
I love Brotherhood but the first half pacing really holds it back. Slamming the original series together with Brotherhood at the point they diverge makes an almost perfect series IMO. (I like the original series more than Brotherhood overall.)

But on OP's topic:

I'm not really sure. I used to read a lot of manga but I don't anymore, so I don't really know which series are faithful and which aren't.

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro, with this polished to sheen and used as the OP:

Legit among my top 5 Shonen Jump series of all and one of my anime favorite duos. Had a shitty anime adaptation back in 2007 and I'd absolutely pay 300 dollars for a FMA:B or HxH 2011 quality adaptation of the entire manga. Hell I'd pay double just for the entire manga series physically and English translated.

EDIT: Forgot to add the manga Houshin Engi (Soul Hunter) and the same applies to it; one of SJ's output, the recent anime was such a big flub, and the official English translated manga is also sadly barren nowadays.

And just because I'm a slut for the series: I want a brand new quality remake of the Hitman Reborn!

Can't believe I forgot about Neuro. I still use the bit about getting on top of a table to look down on someone.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
If redone, Lodoss War will end up like Grancrest War. Which I enjoyed, but was also paced poorly.

Only if Ryo Mizuno gives it to A-1 Pictures again.
A more competent studio should take a stab at it, like Bones, MAPPA or Ufotable.

I was going to say Fruits Basket but that's getting a remake that hopefully will be a more faithful adaptation of the manga, so...

After Megalobox, I have high high hopes for a good one. They even showed Akito, implying that character will play a bigger role this time.
Baka neko is best boy, fite me!

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Can't believe I forgot about Neuro. I still use the bit about getting on top of a table to look down on someone.
Awesome to meet someone else whose read it! It's been so long haha. Most people are only familiar with the creator from Assassination Clasroom.

I try to float to the ceiling to look down on people but in never works lol

AlwaysSalty

The Fallen
Nov 12, 2017
Bleach could do with the Brotherhood treatment. Condensing everything to 65 episodes would improve it so much.
Bleach was only ok at first but it went to shit fast and ended horribly. Going closer to the source is like trying to polish a turd.
Ranma½ - an entire series with the quality of the OVA's and something that followed the manga more faithfully (or at all) would be amazing.
I use to love Ranma, but we need to let it go. It barely worked back then and it sure as hell won't work in 2019.

Last edited:

Nephtis

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
After Megalobox, I have high high hopes for a good one. They even showed Akito, implying that character will play a bigger role this time.
Baka neko is best boy, fite me!

Well, I just wonder how they're gonna handle things that won't be as nice. Some parts get pretty dark D:

Awesome to meet someone else whose read it! It's been so long haha. Most people are only familiar with the creator from Assassination Clasroom.

I try to float to the ceiling to look down on people but in never works lol

Oh man, yeah I used to read it faithfully until it finished. In fact, the ED from the anime remains one of my favorite songs - I always play it along with Ookami to Koshinryou, Red Data Girl, etc.