• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, and Blue Exorcist needs one so badly. They kinda did a continuation of the Kyoto arc, but the manga has gone on so far past that.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Shaman King

Directed by the same guy who did the original FMA, does the same thing midway through the series and totally makes up the second half to avoid overtaking the manga.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Although I've yet to see the current anime, it seems that Houshin Engi (Soul Hunters) still needs a proper adaptation since the reviews seem to imply they are speeding through it again.

Also, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi needs the rest of its manga adapted. The anime only covered up to chapter 143 in the manga, there are 583 chapters overall.

Edit: Oh man Shaman King would be great too. Forgot all about it.

shintoki

Oct 25, 2017
Stuff like Naruto, Claymore, Bleach, Eyeshield, Gantz, don't really deserve it. All have such an amazing fucking drop in quality anyways. Kenshin is the only one that would finish on a great arc. Or ones like Berserk that largely have gone no where since.

Ones that I feel deserve it.

Fate/Stay Night - They gave the update to UWB and Heaven's Feel, but Night definitely feels like the proper conclusion to Zero. It would be great to see it done fittingly.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Soul Eater bombed in Japan, though. They tried again with the "Not!" sequel but that also bombed. Only way Bone will take the risk is if there was a sequel manga to promote.
Not! was disappointing. Fans must have been angry that instead of adapting the other chapters of the manga, they focused on the spin-off.
Shame the original one bombed in Japan though. Soul Eater, despite its flaws, was great.

Sailor moon. I heard the manga is really dark and depressing unlike the anime version
Sailor Moon Crystal is that. And sadly, it just shows a big weakness the manga had: character development. Yes, it has a better plot but it goes so fast that the girls don't have time to shine by themselves.

Oct 29, 2017
Minnesota
The Soul Eater responses are interesting. I never read the manga but did enjoy the anime, though the first five episodes are horrible. It gets pretty neat after that.

For the Brotherhood treatment, I say Ruroni Kenshin, though didn't they do a movie that was most of the third arc? his backstory? That was cool. I liked that.

For the Kai treatment, Inuyasha. Cut that down to around a hundred episodes and you're golden.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
In line with the anime closer to the source, I doubt it could be better: Gungrave anime closer to the game story lol and include Gungrave 2

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
What you want is Dragon Ball Kai (editing out filler) and HunterxHunter 2011/Hellsing Ultimate (covering the same material in a new series that continues onward to new material not present in the original anime) respectively. Not Brotherhood.

The thing that makes Fullmetal 03 somewhat unique among manga adaptations is the entire second half is completely new unlike a lot of series that have a gecko ending where the last few episodes make a unique ending while the preceding stuff is relatively faithful.

In that case you might as well do what Blue Exorcist did and make a sequel anime disregarding the gecko ending.

FMA 03 actual has quite a few additions and changes in the first half of the series to the material that connects strongly to second half. It's why it's very much its own thing from the beginning.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Berserk

lmyfjl.gif

Take it slow, do one episode or two a year. Start from the beginning and do the Golden Age proper, and just run it through to the end. Wash the taste of the above away.

x100000000000000000000000000000000000

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
Claymore, 100%. The anime was good, but then it just ended. The manga gets so good afterwards it's begging to be fully adapted

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
The only example I think of similar to Brotherhood where there are lots of changes from the very beginning of the anime and throughout leading to a different ending that comes much sooner is Trigun.

RedBlue

Oct 27, 2017
Queens, NY
I don't read much manga, certainly not much anymore, not really at all anymore, but from what I've heard, GTO. The last third of the animated series started to go off course a bit and I know the manga continues much longer than the show. The first half of the series is my favorite anime to watch. The interwoven stories, the connection from show to show, the pace is just great.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Trigun remains surprisingly popular in US anime circles, despite most of the production being full of janky low-budget animation. And the manga ended up going totally off the rails from the anime, so even people that have seen it could find plenty new with a reboot. A well-budgeted Trigun Maximum series should be a no-brainer as a project that would put a lot of butts in seats for a service like Netflix, that's looking for probable hits for their original anime portfolio.

Blade of the Immortal really deserves a much better anime than it got. And again, it's a pretty well-followed license in the US, that's another one Netflix or some other streaming service looking for anime content with an audience already built-in would be wise to look at.

Eyeshield 21 is a good thought, but the episode count is just too much. A new adaptation could certainly be better than the last go-round, but expecting a studio that can deliver anything remotely analogous to the production values of One-punch Man's 13-ep season over the hundred+ episodes a proper ES21 adaptation would require is nuts. Not gonna happen. Best case, just do the Shinryuji arc as a 6-ep OAV or something and go balls-out with the animation.

Also WHY THE FUCK do we not have more than a 2-episode OVA for Battle Angel Alita/Gunnm? This one's long overdue for an extended series.

Last edited:

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Can't think of a brotherhood example but Ome Piece could use a kai. Give bleach a reverse brotherhood and have it tell a better story soul society onwards.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trigun. The original anime is an unforgettable classic but an adaptation that's closer to the manga with better animation would be welcomed.

One Piece is such a weird response because there's actually TV specials that are basically remakes and heavily abridges some of the classic story arcs. Besides, the daunting length of the orginal series is part of its charm and the filler arc themselves are short and self-contained enough to skip over and the manga is extremely faithful as is. There's not a 80+ episode series of filler like certain other series.

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
YuYu Hakusho. Yes we already have a GOAT anime, but it can be even more GOAT with a modern budget, a newly penned ending from Togashi to fix the Demon King Arc, and in general it would be cool to see a fresher take on the Dark Tournament.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
YuYu Hakusho. Yes we already have a GOAT anime, but it can be even more GOAT with a modern budget, a newly penned ending from Togashi to fix the Demon King Arc, and in general it would be cool to see a fresher take on the Dark Tournament.
Oh man, something like what Madhouse did with HxH for YYH would be fantastic. I know they are making a new OVA but a full remake would be truly awesome.

T'Challa Shakur

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Rurouni Kensihin. Without a doubt. The last season of the anime is all filler and the last arc has arguably the best fights.

RoyaleDuke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Nowhere
Gyo or Uzumaki.

The Ito series they did recently wasn't bad but the animation was middling, or either was accurate but lacked the incredible detail of the manga. Which again, aesthetics are a complicated business, capturing the basic look without the attention to detail can be considered good enough for some people but I think his work deserves better.

I was gonna say Lupin but, I dunno I like parts 2,3,4 a lot. I dunno if I'd change them considering castle cagliostro is important to 2 and 4.

Trigun I'm 50/50 on since I love both but actually prefer the anime by and large.

stone616

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Literally pretty much any long running series. Brotherhood could've slowed the pace down for those first ten episodes or so and still be one of the best paced anime ever. Brotherhood is amazing though not just for its pace, but for its consistent animation, excellent writing, and generally high production value. You kinda need all of that to be as good as Brotherhood, and shit like Naruto is just too terrible to ever hit the highs of Brotherhood.

I'd go a step further and make Naruto/Bleach semi-reboots that try to fix the inherent crippling flaws of the source materials, but Japan seems to hate doing that sort of thing.
You can't fix the trash Bleach became.

Terra Firma

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably any anime that is longer than 50 episodes. Definitely any anime longer than 100 episodes.

Except One Piece.

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
just why?

why was it impossible to make a good anime adaptation of Berserk in the past 20 years?

is it because the writer hasn't finished the story yet and they are saving up all the effort for a complete, high budget project? yes must be that

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Katekyo Hitman Reborn, but change the ending monologue into something that does not destroy Tsuna's development

Deleted member 18347

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I mean the objective answer to this thread is Berserk.

It's a crime against life itself what they've done with the source material...

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo Babylon. Manga is great, could definately do a good 12 ep series. ...anime only made 2 OVAs that were filler :(

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'll agree with Gunnm. It's the only reason I hope the domestic movie has some success.

I'd like a redo of Appleseed that tried hard to stick to Shirow's style.

Are we limited to only tv series? Because otherwise I'd nominate things like 3x3 eyes, Akira, and Nausicaa.

I'd like someone to finish Kare Kano as well although part of the charm was Gainax so a reboot may not be as good. Fruits Basket too.

On the other hand nobody should finish Usagi Drop.

Oh, also I'd like a non boring Kingdom adaptation.

Last edited:

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
I wanna say Eyeshield 21, but the back end of the series feels like someone hit the Fast Forward button. By the time you blink, what should be the coolest part of the series is already over.

Bleach would be a waste of time unless Kubo managed to fill in some of the blanks in the anime adaption. Things went from 100 to 0 real quick.

Gantz or Tenjo Tenge would be cool, but some of the later material would be toned down dramatically due to all of the sexual content and excessive violence. Some of the action sequences would be beautiful, though!

Oct 25, 2017

There's no way a new treatment of Yu Yu Hakusho could match the level of talent and animation prowess on display in the original.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
Trigun/Trigun Maximum.
Someone has to grant us the intelligible versions of the manga fights!

Nightbird

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Soul Eater
Naruto
Eyeshield 21
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Beelzebub

Especially the last three would be really popular if properly animated, I'm sure of that.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Slam Dunk
Flame of Recca
Trigun
Soul Eater
Air Gear (just for how batshit crazy it gets)
Tenjou Tenge (see: Air Gear)
Great Teacher Onizuka (although I'd fear for this)
Claymore

Stay Away
Yu Yu Hakusho - as some have said, they'll never reach the peaks
Rurouni Kenshin - partly above but also...yeah
Hitman Reborn - The manga had no point
Bleach - The final arc is beyond stupid

Oct 26, 2017
I'll agree with Gunnm. It's the only reason I hope the domestic movie has some success.

I'd like a redo of Appleseed that tried hard to stick to Shirow's style.

Are we limited to only tv series? Because otherwise I'd nominate things like 3x3 eyes, Akira, and Nausicaa.

I'd like someone to finish Kare Kano as well although part of the charm was Gainax so a reboot may not be as good. Fruits Basket too.

On the other hand nobody should finish Usagi Drop.

Oh, also I'd like a non boring Kingdom adaptation.
Nausicca is a GREAT idea.