• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
As I'm sure we're all aware, boobies are a type of bird in the sula genus, their name possibly stemming from "bobo", a Spanish slang word meaning "stupid", which given their tendency to land on sailing ships filled with starving sailors who then ate the dumb little goofballs seems pretty apt. Anyway, I got a soft spot for the blue-footed booby, which calls the stretch of the Pacific from California to the Galapagos home.

Blue-footed_Booby_%28Sula_nebouxii%29_-one_leg_raised.jpg

Just look at this dork, proudly strutting its blueberry cotton-candy stuff for all the single ladies nearby.

Arkestry

Oct 26, 2017
London
Why have just one colourful part of your anatomy when you could have two?

I present to you the red-footed booby. Red feet and blue beak.

Red-footed-booby-Kelvin-Boot-3.jpg

OP
OP
King Alamat

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
I wonder how such evolution happens for a bird to get blue feet. What's the explanation?
According to Wikipedia, it comes from their diet of fish, specifically the carotenoid pigments in the fish. It's an accurate sign of health and the color will fade if the booby goes without food for a couple of days.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
wow that's actually so cool. I'd love to visit one of the galapagos islands. awesome
It's an amazing place. It's pricey (I had a good deal but even then it was still not cheap) but if you can afford it, it's worth it (after covid shit is in the past obviously...). Best trip ever. :3 So many cool animals.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Tits are super adorable and I recommend playing Alba A Wildlife Adventure. It has great birds!

Gonna also use this opportunity to post a painting of a bird I really enjoy.

258d9e716f84056f74098d546c4b5a43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.