• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a PS4 Pro, an Xbox One X and a gaming PC. I recently also bought my first 4K HDR TV ever (still going 1080p with my PC).

First, no, I will not be waiting for the PC release of those games. I have no idea how long it may be and these games looks so good I want to play them asap. If I had a release date window for the PC-versions, maybe I'd wait, but I don't so I won't.

It comes down to this:

PS4 Pro:

- Weaker than the Xbone X (well, I still don't know exactly how the difference between PS4P and XB1X is gonna be between these games)
+ Most of my IRL friends are here
+ Good and snappy UI
+ PS4 exclusive content (I assume)

Xbone X:

+ Stronger than the PS4Pro (still don't know how big of a difference there will be)
- Laggy UI (I hate the UI, I've tried many things to make it snappier, but still hate it)
- Might miss out on or have to wait for content to hit after PS4

Pls don't try make this a fanboy war. These pros and cons are based on my experience, so don't make it a "you are using it wrong, just do this and that".

Also, I don't have any preferred controller. So controller doesn't matter.

KZXcellent

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm locked in the Playstation ecosystem so I'm sticking with the PS4 Pro, most of the my friends are there as well as my current-gen games. I can't justify grabbing a One X for a couple of games since I already made a similar mistake when I grabbed a PS4Pro with the promise of FFXV at 60FPS.

Though I'm very interesting in seeing how much better KH3 runs on Xbox One. Looking forward to that eventual DF video.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
This thread is exactly like the thread Ukraine did, down to the same complaints about UI and "being stronger but i don't think it will matter" being the only positive for xbox

Just like him, play on playstation, you clearly enjoy it more and RDR2 is a more social game where having your friends on a platform will make difference. Why do you people always need to ask when you have your mind set already? This makes no sense.

VinFTW

Oct 25, 2017
3+ vs 1+

Seems like a done deal to me.
That 1+ Is a better looking game lol

You're not playing the UI. The X is the right choice, I have a Pro as well as an X.

There's so much content in these kinds of games by the time you get through it all that exclusive content will be hitting Xbox.

Having a much better looking game is definitely the better of the two. Especially with a game as gorgeous and demanding as RDR.

Windrunner

Sly
Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 on XB1X for the better visuals.

KH3 on PS4 Pro because all the previous games are playable there.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Are you gonna play mostly the SP for RDR2? Otherwise i dont see alot of benefit where your friends are. :)

Onebadlion

Oct 27, 2017
I can't understand why people make these threads. Buy what you want is always the answer to these questions. You're a frequent poster so I assume you know enough to make a decision yourself. You're listing pros and cons "based on your experience", so why not use that experience to make your own mind up?

It's either dumb or very naive to post what is essentially an Xbox vs PS thread and then claim you don't want to start any fanboy nonesense.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
Most likely the Xbox versions. Probably since im way too attached to the ecosystem. Not sure if i'll be getting RDR2 day-one, but i'm for sure getting KH3 day-one. Things can change however..

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
PS4 obviously

That 1+ Is a better looking game lol

You're not playing the UI. The X is the right choice, I have a Pro as well as an X.

There's so much content in these kinds of games by the time you get through it all that exclusive content will be hitting Xbox.

Having a much better looking game is definitely the better of the two. Especially with a game as gorgeous and demanding as RDR.

As you can see at his +point all his friends will as it seems play on the PS4

Community and Friends
Yes for guys like you as it seems that don't care for the Online Mode it might be the best choice but sitting there alone while all your friends play together?Pure fun
And the online part is what will keep this game alive after the 40 hours of Singleplayer Content like it did with GTA what is the reason the game sold so well.

And for KH3 obviously the PS4 too so your KH3 Platinum Trophy will sit next to the others hehehehe ;)

nbnt

Oct 26, 2017
RDR2 on PS4 because it has MP and your friends are there, KH3 on Xbox because it's gonna be the better looking version.

jobrro

The Fallen
Nov 19, 2017
I only have a plain Xbone so I will be getting KH3 on PS4 Pro. If I had an Xbone X I would probably get it on that.

Your friends being on PlayStation might matter though if you plan on playing Red Dead Online.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Rockstar and Sony have a Deal on Content for Red Dead Online.

KH3 is the only game of the series on Xbox. So if you want all in One place, buy the PS4 Version.

X will have the best looking versions for both.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
RDR2 on PS4 (your friends and exclusive content)
KH3 on Xone X (SP game, no exclusive content)

Nov 4, 2017
Wait for the inevitable Switch ports.
c5f.gif

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Wait for the inevitable Switch ports.

So he can play with worse graphics, the worst UI, away from all his friends, and wait for a hypothetical release date in the far flung future (oh, and purchase a new console)? Sure Sounds like exactly what the OP is after.

Personally, if I had an Xbox One X and Ps4 Pro I would always choose the X for single player games. Better performance means a better experience for me. If it has multiplayer the situation is trickier.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
i don't have an XBOX1 but even if i did i would still get KH3 on my PS4.

as for RDR2 while i still don't know if i'm gonna get it or not i'm pretty sure i would still get it on PS4 just cause i'm way more used to that system

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Nobody knows how much better xboxone x version of RDR2 (not sure about KH3, haven't been following) will look and since that's apparently the only plus the one x has going for it in your book uhm...wait for the comparisons ?

I know I don't care about online and i prefer XB pad. Also, it should be quite a bit quieter than my old PS4 that seems to take off or melt down after 10 minutes, so that would be XB1X for me. If i cave in and finally buy one that is, because i currently don't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.