• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
After a long time since its cinema release, I finally had the chance to watch Creed II on Netflix, and I really loved the movie, and although I really like Adonis as the new lead of the series I was kinda conflicted with the final fight against Viktor Drago, because through the movie I felt that the antagonist was a bigger underdog and generated more sympathy than the protagonist, so I don't really know what's the next thing that I would like to watch on the franchise.

In one hand I still want to see Adonis as the protagonist in the coming movies since in the end the focus now should be on him and it would be lame to remove him after the second movie, but I don't know exactly which could be the conflict for the next movie. The 2 biggest conflicts that I could think right now are the death of Rocky and the hearing loss of Bianca.

Since the first Creed movie the writers have already prepared us for the inminent death of Rocky, and although it feels that is a big enough topic that must reach its conclusion, part of still wishes that the final chapter of him is just living with his son and family and Canada, retired from the spotlight, and also because I don't really want to watch another movie where the protagonist has to overcome the death of someone close to him while preparing the next big fight. It would be the same if they suddenly killed his mom Mary Anne. In the other hand the hearing loss of Bianca is something that feels that no matter what will eventually happen, it still doesn't feel that different than Adonis losing someone close in the sense that is still a plot device that he will overcome and win the big fight. Also, the solution to Bianca's disease doesn't feel like something that should be solved with Boxing since Adonis is already filthy rich and has no reasons to be forced into an unfavorable match to raise money.

Also, I don't want to watch him fighting against the sons of Clubber Lang or Tommy Gunn, and it wouldn't make sense for him to be trained by Vicktor Drago to beat the next boxer of the week. The only scenarios that come to mind that would be interesting if the next explored more the idea of how scummy promoters are (I know that it was already explored on Rocky V but I feel like it never reached its full potential) or that the movie is about Adonis being the big obstacle to beat, although I don't know how that could work with him also being the protagonist

In the end I don't know exactly how they could follow the story of Adonis, and even though I have my objections with the scenarios mentioned above, I still would probably enjoy the movie, but where still part of me wants to watch something that doesn't feel that similar to the older movies

Oct 29, 2017
I honestly don't know where they can take it next. The studio seems to have plenty of ideas, though, since it sounds like they have several projects lined up; I'm really not sold on anything I've heard, though.

I'd love a look at the seedier side of the business that isn't trash like Rocky V, though.

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know where they can take it next. The studio seems to have plenty of ideas, though, since it sounds like they have several projects lined up; I'm really not sold on anything I've heard, though.

I'd love a look at the seedier side of the business that isn't trash like Rocky V, though.

Are there already rumors?

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Just the idea of Creed II was enough to make me give up on the series forever.

hodayathink

Oct 25, 2017
The first movie set up a fight with Danny Wheeler in that training session. You set that up as a pound for pound champ/unified title shot (and you can use it to talk about how shady the commissions can be).

Edit: I guess that was the fight they glanced over at the start of Creed 2. Then...hmmm.

OP
OP
sibarraz

sibarraz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The first movie set up a fight with Danny Wheeler in that training session. You set that up as a pound for pound champ/unified title shot (and you can use it to talk about how shady the commissions can be).

But Adonis already kicked the ass of Danny Wheeler in the beginning of the second movie, he even recovered his Mustang

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly they should do something with Drago's son. He had the more interesting story in Creed 2.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Adrian cheated on Rocky with Clubber Lang, secretly had his child, and that child grows up to challenge Adonis.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
ideally it should've ended with Creed 1, with rocky succumbing to cancer or some kind of implicit acknowledgement that was his last hurrah

Creed 2 was aight but seems like they're spinning their wheels and will make these movies forever

not a bad thing though maybe we'll get a Rocky equivalent of cobra kai or something not terrible