• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Darkgable

Nov 3, 2017
Would the Carry On movies count?

Other than that, The Longest Day.

Of course, it's Infinity War and Endgame that will be popping into people's minds.

Edit. Oh not to forget the Cannonball Run movies.

Deleted member 25600

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
JCMrhha.gif

Keldroc

Oct 27, 2017
The running and flying look really goofy and not cool at all.

That's what I was thinking about the gif.

Is that OK? You're not gonna get mad?

It's almost like out of context clips do not correctly convey or represent the quality or effect of the catharsis moment of a three hour film.

But congrats on not recognizing the most iconic moment from the second biggest movie of all time, I guess.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
You clearly wanted someone to dig into your initial post, so I commented on it, and you get all cheeky and aggressive about it. You just wanted acknowledgement, here it is. Carry on brave soldier.
No...? I wanted to know which Marvel movie it was. I'm sorry you thought I was being anything but honest.

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno how well it actually used the cast, but X-Men DOFP had a pretty big ensemble.

-Hugh Jackman
-Patrick Stewart
-Ian McKellen
-Ellen Page
-Anna Paquin
-Jennifer Lawrence
-Nicholas Hoult
-James McAvoy
-Michael Fappbender
-Peter Dinklage
-Halle Berry
-Fan Bingbing

Last edited:

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
We have the whole history of cinema and we are going with RDJ and the Chris trio? Obviously I know there plenty of others in there but I feel like the ensemble is the characters not the actors.

I would go:
Grand Budapest Hotel
The Godfather
Murder on the Orient Express
Hateful 8
Some classic like Casablanca, but there is probably a bigger one that combined Bogart and Gary and Cary etc

There are also some upcoming movies that will have huge Ensembles like the Rian Johnson movie.

Edit: The Rian Johnson movie is called Knives Out and the cast isn't that wild yet. There are some upcoming movies though that could make this thread, just can't think of them at the moment.

Last edited:

Temp_User

Oct 30, 2017
I always thought Mystery Men have an impressive cast for what basically is a glorified superhero b-movie.

OP
OP
Speevy

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
We have the whole history of cinema and we are going with RDJ and the Chris trio? Obviously I know there plenty of others in there but I feel like the ensemble is the characters not the actors.

I think it's a valid answer, one of many. The movie just came out this year so I'm sure it's the freshest on everyone's mind.

An ensemble can be what you want it to be. It hurts a thread when someone puts these restrictions on it.

pantsattack

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked up the cast to Toy Story 4 and well I'm really suprised. This cast is nuts. In addition to the usual Hanks and Allen crew, Tony Hale is the fork, Key and Peele are in it, Keanu Reeves, Carl Weathers, Mel Brooks, Carol Burnett, Betty White, Carl Reiner, Patricia Arquette, Timothy Dalton, Kristen Schaal, Bill Hader, Melissa Villasenor, and FLEA!(?)

The Real Abed

Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World did.

Spencer Tracy
Milton Berle
Sid Caesar
Buddy Hackett
Ethel Herman
Mickey Rooney
Phil Silvers
Jim Backus
Peter Falk

That's just the main/supporting cast, then you had all the cameo appearances.

Jerry Lewis
Buster Keaton
Don Knotts
Moe Howard
Larry Fine
Curly Joe DeRita
etc.
Came here to post this.

The 2001 film "Rat Race" which was basically a Mad World inspired modern "remake" had a pretty big cast too.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Grand Budapest Hotel (or Royal Tenenbaums) are great modern examples, as is Oceans 11.

Surprised this one wasn't mentioned yet

12 Angry Men
hero_EB20020929REVIEWS08209290301AR.jpg

And Tarantino's movies are almost all ensembles, most of them are great.

And a shout out to the most underrated movie in recent years, Hail Caesar

hail-caesar-2016-baird-whitlock-george-clooney-review.jpg

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Movie 43 might have the biggest ensemble cast of people conned into being in a movie.

Jan 2, 2018
Merlin (1998)!

Sam Neill
Miranda Richardson
Martin Short
Isabella Rossellini
Helena Bonham Carter
Rutger Hauer
Lena Headey
John Gielgud
Sebastian Roché

I love this film so much!

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Yeah Pulp Fiction and The Departed are good picks. Magnolia is another good one.

Most of Tarantino's movies feature good ensemble casts actually.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Glangarry is one of my favorite movies ever. The acting chops on display are amazing. When Alec Baldwin and Kevin Spacey are your throwaway roles, you know you have some serious talent working. Lemmon earned the hell out of that Oscar.

I don't love Lumet's Murder on the Orient Express. Great stars, but the performances are nothing special.

I haven't seen Short Cuts since it came out but this makes me want to.

Altman in general put together some fantastic casts.

EDIT: Damnit, I thought Lemmon won as oscar for Glengarry Glen Ross, but didn't.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

Oct 25, 2017
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World did.

Spencer Tracy
Milton Berle
Sid Caesar
Buddy Hackett
Ethel Herman
Mickey Rooney
Phil Silvers
Jim Backus
Peter Falk

That's just the main/supporting cast, then you had all the cameo appearances.

Jerry Lewis
Buster Keaton
Don Knotts
Moe Howard
Larry Fine
Curly Joe DeRita
etc.

This right here.

Aaaand this was my backup vote.

hOjR3f5.jpg

3rd choice!