• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 35598

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Spain
There is just one answer possible...

tenor.gif

Whompa

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Obama: Economy soared. Parents were able to retire. They sold their home. I got an education. I got married. I got a great job. I'm saving and investing.

Zero scandals. Nothing but positivity after the shit economy and international problems that Bush dumped onto us.

Obama steered a great ship.

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
Teddy, because I think it would be hilarious to try and watch Putin control him the way he does Trump.

Dude would also kick environmental regulations back into shape and would be a strong figurehead to reassert NATO.

Jie Li

Alt account
Banned
Dec 21, 2018
So many people who say Obama still don't realize Obama made a lot of tacticle mistakes in international policy. His heart was in the right place but he was too inexperience.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Obama is my only choice regardless of the achievements of previous Presidents. Every previous President is a varying degree of racist if you think about it honestly.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
Lincoln.

He was supposed to be the President of the Reconstruction Era, maybe the single time the officially united America was more divided than now, but was killed before that happened. Let's give him a second chance. Just because it's a fun idea from a hitorical view.

Though many people probably wouldn't have liked his moderate approach.

Alcoremortis

Oct 25, 2017
FDR, LBJ, or Teddy Roosevelt.

Kinda leaning towards Teddy Roosevelt because I think we could use a cartoon character for good to follow the evil cartoon. And he was really into breaking up big business and environmental conservation, which I think we really need right now.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Imprisoning over 100,000 Americans in the mid 20th century because they had Japanese heritage, while completely ignoring Italian and German Americans is significant enough to disqualify him, IMO.
I dont want to compare war crimes, but I feel like most presidents except Obama and maybe someone else would do the same if not worse in the situation.

shnurgleton

Oct 27, 2017
Boston
Lincoln.

He was supposed to be the President of the Reconstruction Era, maybe the single time the officially united America was more divided than now, but was killed before that happened. Let's give him a second chance. Just because it's a fun idea from a hitorical view.

Though many people probably wouldn't have liked his moderate approach.
I would be fascinated to see what Lincon in peacetime would be like. Hell of a leader and I think he was perhaps one of the best men to ever hold the office, but charges of him acting like a tyrant were not far off base - suspending foundational civil liberties to win the war effort makes sense but it is kind of troubling that this sort of leadership is so revered. that being said he was probably the right person, at the right time, to keep the country from breaking up but we are still hurting precisely because it did not

perhaps his iron hand would have been what was needed to crush the vestiges of the confederacy

Deleted member 15440

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
People are also products of their time.
this is always a lame copout

there have been principled activists for anti-war and anti-slavery causes for as long as america has existed, the reason every president has been garbage in one way or another isn't because "everyone was like that back then" but rather because our system is set up in such a way that only garbage people can reach the top

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
this is always a lame copout

there have been principled activists for anti-war and anti-slavery causes for as long as america has existed, the reason every president has been garbage in one way or another isn't because "everyone was like that back then" but rather because our system is set up in such a way that only garbage people can reach the top

And they were exceptional because they were such a rarity and were not representative of the society in which they lived.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Teddy. Nature lover and public lands advocate par excellence.

Devil

Oct 25, 2017
perhaps his iron hand would have been what was needed to crush the vestiges of the confederacy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember, Lincoln after the war was a moderate Republican who opposed the wing which wanted to sanction the old confederacy much harsher than Lincoln planned to. So it's very unlikely he would have ruled with an iron hand.

Andrew Johnson was also among the War Democrats and originally wanted to punish the south very harshly. He just didn't when he had the chance because he sort of respected Lincoln's wish after his death.

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I remember, Lincoln after the war was a moderate Republican who opposed the wing which wanted to sanction the old confederacy much harsher than Lincoln planned to. So it's very unlikely he would have ruled with an iron hand.

Andrew Johnson was also among the War Democrats and originally wanted to punish the south very harshly. He just didn't when he had the chance because he sort of respected Lincoln's wish after his death.

You are right about Lincoln because after the war from his perspective it was time to heal and rebuild the South. Based on what I have read, Johnson was a pushover and appeaser.

If the objective is to punish the South then Sherman would have been your man but he had no shot at the presidency nor did he covet it.

HammerOfThor

Oct 26, 2017
Teddy, because he would probably do something to address Global Warming, which I believe is our biggest threat as a civilization.

Grug

Oct 26, 2017
Someone with legit Civil Rights credentials (not just those who nodded at it when politically expedient), so leave all JFK suggestions at the door please.